Krieger: Broncos lack real offensive weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    This article is very accurate but people will argue its garbage because they dont want to face the facts because it's an attack right to the hearts of bronco fans.The reality is this franchisee has given up true play makers to conform to a coaches system and an owners budget.

How many more years will it be with out playoffs?
    I don't agree with this, the offense has play makers.....you're just not going to hear about them on ESPN every hour.

Dallas has a "playmaker", in Dez, but did dez average over 25 YPC last year......nope, but DT did.

In college Decker droped THREE balls his entire career......

The point some of these guys were getting at is Austin in dallas "wasn't a playmaker" until this year?????.....BS he was a playmaker, just none of the MSM thought so becuase he wasn't featured on sports center.

Anyone watching a game new TD was special, but he wasn't covered as a "playmker" unit AFTER his 2000 yd season, when in fact he's been making a HUGE difference far before then.

Look at what gaffney did in the game marshal wasn't in, it would probably supprise you that he lead the team in YPC last year, even though he wasn't getting TD's....

Orton had 3700 yds and 21 TD's in his first year in McD's system, like him or not, it's going to be AT least that good this year, and that's better than Cassel, and KC was hailed for getting a "franchise QB", who's a difference maker.

The fact of the matter is that there are playmakers all over this team, and while ESPN doesn't cover them, they are there.

As for the o-line and having two rookie starter, it's not all that uncommon, especially in a power blocking scheme. You put a hat on a guy, and move him, it's not as complicated as somethings.

Simply being a debbie downer, doesn't make you any more knowledgable, or a "realist", look at the people and their produciton, not how much hype they get.
    Last edited by owninit; 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
      Wow, are you kidding? The most feared offensive player out of the draft? Then why was he considered a 5th round pick?
      No, no. Actually, he was considered a 9th round pick. Since he won the Heisman, his value improved to an 8th round pick. Then people realized there are only 7 rounds, so he was considered a 7th round pick. Then people thought "hey, he won 2 national titles", so they had to consider him a 5th round pick.
      sigpic

Comment

At worst we'll be the Redskins of last year. A very strong D, with an O that just can't quite win the game. But I doubt this. With all the talk of Tebow and Demaryius I begin to wonder if people have forgotten about another rookie WR that we drafted.

Decker will be huge. I don't mean huge yards on every play. But a guy who is so tall so long can run a 4.5 and dropped 1 ball all of last year. Looke for the Reincarnation of Eddie Mac to be catching everything in sight. I think with Stokley here to help mentor him the kid will learn fast and be good quick. HE might not make a bunch of huge plays but look for him to have a ton of catches. Especially on the critical 3rd down/ and the all important redzone trips.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
          I don't agree with this, the offense has play makers.....you're just not going to hear about them on ESPN every hour.

Dallas has a "playmaker", in Dez, but did dez average over 25 YPC last year......nope, but DT did.

The point some of these guys were getting at is Austin "wasn't a playmaker" until this year?????.....BS he was a playmaker, just none of the MSM thought so becuase he wasn't featured on sports center.

Anyone watching a game new TD was special, but he wasn't covered as a "playmker" unit AFTER his 2000 yd season, when in fact he's been making a HUGE difference far before then.

Look at what gaffney did in the game marshal wasn't in, it would probably supprise you that he lead the team in YPC last year, even though he wasn't getting TD's....

Orton had 3700 yds and 21 TD's in his first year in McD's system, like him or not, it's going to be AT least that good this year, and that's better than Cassel, and KC was hailed for getting a "franchise QB", who's a difference maker.

The fact of the matter is that there are playmakers all over this team, and while ESPN doesn't cover them, they are there.

As for the o-line and having two rookie starter, it's not all that uncommon, especially in a power blocking scheme. You put a hat on a guy, and move him, it's not as complicated as somethings.

Simply being a debbie downer, doesn't make you any more knowledgable, or a "realist", look at the people and their produciton, not how much hype they get.
          Except Kyle got 3800 yards last year, not 3700.

-----

Comment

We may not have the flashy playmakers..

I've heard Royal has been doing well in the slot where he should be all along.. And nickel CB's, and LB's against Royal make me laugh..

Gaffney may not by Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Marshall, Andre Johnson, etc.. But when he got the chance he made plays.. He's a very solid WR.. One of Thomas or Decker, if not both will have an impact.. Thomas looks HUGE from training camp and can make big plays down the field.. Decker just catches everything, the new Eddie Mac. On PAPER, we don't have the playmakers, but wait and see once they hit the field.

The main key will be the OL giving Orton protection, if he has time to throw, make his reads, we'll be alright.. We need Clady back ASAP, but i dont want them to rush him back.. Polumbus at LT for an extended period of time scares the crap out of me.

The running game will be huge.. Luckily Knowshon isnt out for 2-3 months and should be ready to go Week 1.. We'll need another RB to compliment him, we can't count of Buck staying healthy.. Lance Ball has impressed a lot, maybe Tony Baker..

Comment

The Denver Post lacks a guy who really know's how to study X's & O's........
              If we can use Eddie the right way I would liken him to a Wes Welker type weapon on this offense, IF we use him the RIGHT way.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&BluBlood View Post
                Every time you post about Tebow he keeps dropping to another round in the draft. You first started by saying he was 2nd/3rd rounder and now he is a 5th rounder?

I would agree that he was a 2nd round talent due to the "project" tag, but if you think he would have made it past that round you are kidding yourself.

back to topic....

This TEAM is a weapon and the sooner the talking heads realize that one talented diva will not take you to the promised land the better. A focused team with "NFL" talent will take you farther than one pro-bowl player.
                I don't remember saying that, and I never even gave my opinion on him in this thread. He would have been picked in the 2nd or 3rd round. McD did, in fact, panic and pick him much too early. He was considered by scouts to be a 5th round prospect, he would have gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.

McD has no clue how the draft works...

The difference with these signings, compaired to some of the other FA signings, IMO, is this:

When Sam Adams was signed he was the only one in the middle, with no back up. When the browncow's were signed it was because there wasn't anyone else. Even Robertson was signed to be a cog, and not come out, they were set up to fail.

Jamal, bannan, and green, aren't being signed to be 3 down guys. They are being added to a rotation that did decent last year. They are being brought in to compliment and add depth to some serviceable guys.

The D-line wore down last year, but this year you're adding these guys to the top of a rotation, and then allowing some of the best talent reamaining to be the breather guy, or even take a breather occasionally. Essentially the aquiring of these guys was done with realistic expectations, and therefore aren't being set up to fail before they even take the field.
                I agree with all of that, except that our other guys on the DL are serviceable. I don't want to depend on McBean and Fields to make plays...I'm hoping the vets play well this year and we begin to rebuild defensively through next year's draft.

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                No, no. Actually, he was considered a 9th round pick. Since he won the Heisman, his value improved to an 8th round pick. Then people realized there are only 7 rounds, so he was considered a 7th round pick. Then people thought "hey, he won 2 national titles", so they had to consider him a 5th round pick.
                Makes sense.

Comment

Riddle me this Batman but how can you write this article when we haven't even played a down this year? I would like to think of our offense as all playmakers rather than a few "Brandon Marshall's" running around.

silly article is silly. :brick:

Comment

Originally posted by Houdini View Post

Riddle me this Batman but how can you write this article when we haven't even played a down this year? I would like to think of our offense as all playmakers rather than a few "Brandon Marshall's" running around.

silly article is silly. :brick:
                    From talent on paper? Speculation? Past performance?

In the end, none of those things matter. But without them, we wouldn't have sports gambling, fantasy football, and maybe even these forums.

Comment

In my opinion ...

... Dave Krieger lacks real writing skills in the sense that writing is supposed to convey an organized thought process.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                        At worst we'll be the Redskins of last year. A very strong D, with an O that just can't quite win the game. But I doubt this. With all the talk of Tebow and Demaryius I begin to wonder if people have forgotten about another rookie WR that we drafted.

Decker will be huge. I don't mean huge yards on every play. But a guy who is so tall so long can run a 4.5 and dropped 1 ball all of last year. Looke for the Reincarnation of Eddie Mac to be catching everything in sight. I think with Stokley here to help mentor him the kid will learn fast and be good quick. HE might not make a bunch of huge plays but look for him to have a ton of catches. Especially on the critical 3rd down/ and the all important redzone trips.
                        Man I hope your right, I like the guy, and I really miss having that clutch ball magnet like Eddie Mac, who just so happens to be one of my favorite players of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
                          I don't remember saying that, and I never even gave my opinion on him in this thread. He would have been picked in the 2nd or 3rd round. McD did, in fact, panic and pick him much too early. He was considered by scouts to be a 5th round prospect, he would have gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.
                          McD has no clue how the draft works...
                          Here we go again...

The Vikings and the Bills, were going to snatch him up before he even made it to the 2nd. It seems you're the one who has no clue, on how the draft works. McD did the smart thing. He knew of at least 2 teams, that were going to get Tebow before the 2nd, and traded right ahead of them, to draft him. Childress himself, came out and said he was going to draft Tebow in the 1st, yet you say McD panicked? LMAO..
                          Last edited by Amari24; 08-02-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Wherever Tebow was projected to be taken is irrelivant. I don't have a link but distinctly remember Mcdaniels stating that Tebow wasn't getting out of the first round and I believe he mentions minn or buf as teams who would have taken him. But whatev's if he works out he was worth every penny and aquired draft pick.

I also want to remind all the Marshall, Hillis, Sheffler, and Cutler appoligists that we have been a .500 team for 3-4 years. Thier incredible skills and stats didn't add up to success. So while sure they have individual talent, scoreboard stats at 00:00 is the important ones.

I hope we don't have any Def. Coordinator losing sleep over us. I hope every mainstream media outlet has to say things like "these broncos may not have any stars but they find a way to get it done". Please write us off and chaulk up your trip to Denver as a win. Then when we hit 9 different recievers and win the kicking game, and hold your ass to 13 points you can lose sleep the next night waiting for your next team meeting.
                            sigpic
                            In the 13 games Orton started, the Broncos scored touchdowns inside the red zone on 17 of 104 trips (one on a Tebow run). With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos scored touchdowns 6-of-8 times inside the 20.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe View Post
                              Except Kyle got 3800 yards last year, not 3700.

-----
                              And the media started covering TD after we won the first Super Bowl, not after his got his 2000 yards.

Other than that, I agree with pretty much all of it. :thumb:
                              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

The point some of these guys were getting at is Austin in dallas "wasn't a playmaker" until this year?????.....BS he was a playmaker, just none of the MSM thought so becuase he wasn't featured on sports center.

I understand your logic, but by the same logic... The Raiders got a great playmaker in Russell... and the best playmaker in the league perhaps ever is Tim Tebow.

I don't think people weren't calling TD a playmaker until after his 2000 yd season. Pretty sure he was well known as a playmaker before that.

Austin in Dallas was considered a playmaker when he began to show the ability to consistently making plays week in and week out.

The same holds true here. When we have players who start to make plays every week... then they may be considered a playmaker. Right now, we don't really have anyone who fits that mold.

We have potential.
                                Thanks, Reid!
                                sigpic
                                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X