Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheRob:

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
    Wherever Tebow was projected to be taken is irrelivant. I don't have a link but distinctly remember Mcdaniels stating that Tebow wasn't getting out of the first round and I believe he mentions minn or buf as teams who would have taken him. But whatev's if he works out he was worth every penny and aquired draft pick.

I also want to remind all the Marshall, Hillis, Sheffler, and Cutler appoligists that we have been a .500 team for 3-4 years. Thier incredible skills and stats didn't add up to success. So while sure they have individual talent, scoreboard stats at 00:00 is the important ones.

I hope we don't have any Def. Coordinator losing sleep over us. I hope every mainstream media outlet has to say things like "these broncos may not have any stars but they find a way to get it done". Please write us off and chaulk up your trip to Denver as a win. Then when we hit 9 different recievers and win the kicking game, and hold your ass to 13 points you can lose sleep the next night waiting for your next team meeting.
    One of the voices of reason in a desert of dementia. Thank you, Bro.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Here we go again...

The Vikings and the Bills, were going to snatch him up before he even made it to the 2nd. It seems you're the one who has no clue, on how the draft works. McD did the smart thing. He knew of at least 2 teams, that were going to get Tebow before the 2nd, and traded right ahead of them, to draft him. Childress himself, came out and said he was going to draft Tebow in the 1st, yet you say McD panicked? LMAO..
      They were going to draft him and make Favre angry enough to not come back? Right...and no matter how you look at it, Tebow wasn't worth a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick. The draft is about getting good value for your picks. Trading down to acquire those picks was great. Trading them away for Tebow was awful. Not good value.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
        And the media started covering TD after we won the first Super Bowl, not after his got his 2000 yards.

Other than that, I agree with pretty much all of it. :thumb:

It's like in animal house.......

...."Germany didn't bomb pearl harbor...."

...."I know, but he's on a roll...."

The funny thing is it's 3800 yds, he missed almost a full game, and played 3 others with a metal splint on his throwing finger because the bone was sticking out of the skin in PS, yet some want to bash, and bash, and bash, and then here in about 8 weeks will want to post away, and have all be forgotten how idiodic their posts were, Like his production "came out of nowhere"......

And yeah it was the SB my bad, that put TD on the map, where even people in New York saw him as a playmaker, but it was FAR before then that anyone who watched the team, and supprted them, knew he was special, and that was the point i was trying to make.....
        Last edited by owninit; 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
          They were going to draft him and make Favre angry enough to not come back? Right...and no matter how you look at it, Tebow wasn't worth a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick. The draft is about getting good value for your picks. Trading down to acquire those picks was great. Trading them away for Tebow was awful. Not good value.
          Tebow would've been a project in Minnesota anyways, it's not like he would be starting day one, so how would that make Favre angry? He knows he can't play forever, and the Vikings would soon need a replacement. I didn't like the number of picks we traded away either, but you have to think, McD did the smart thing. He found a way to trade up in front of 2 teams who wanted Tebow, and he got who he wanted in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            I understand your logic, but by the same logic... The Raiders got a great playmaker in Russell... and the best playmaker in the league perhaps ever is Tim Tebow.

I don't think people weren't calling TD a playmaker until after his 2000 yd season. Pretty sure he was well known as a playmaker before that.

Austin in Dallas was considered a playmaker when he began to show the ability to consistently making plays week in and week out.

The same holds true here. When we have players who start to make plays every week... then they may be considered a playmaker. Right now, we don't really have anyone who fits that mold.

We have potential.
            Russel was known for a big arm and a little head even in college, and even the coach publicly gave a forehead slap for wanting russel.

There is lot's of potential on this team, and that was my point, both the article, and several posters of late, are painting the roster as a desert of dispaire, and that simply isn't the case.

This is one of the most talented groups of players top to bottem that have been to a bronco camp in quite some time, and it's not as worry some that random posters doubt and don't do their research, but when a guy who's PAID to research the local sports team, doesn't do it, it's idiodic.....

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
              Russel was known for a big arm and a little head even in college, and even the coach publicly gave a forehead slap for wanting russel.

There is lot's of potential on this team, and that was my point, both the article, and several posters of late, are painting the roster as a desert of dispaire, and that simply isn't the case.

This is one of the most talented groups of players top to bottem that have been to a bronco camp in quite some time, and it's not as worry some that random posters doubt and don't do their research, but when a guy who's PAID to research the local sports team, doesn't do it, it's idiodic.....
              Eh... like I said... I think that you can see it both ways, and we'll probably continue to hear it both ways for a while. We don't have any proven playmakers on offense, yet the talented potential we have is wonderful.

It's just the nature of the universe that we're going to hear both sides of that story, so I'm not going to bother to lose any sleep when I hear the more disappointing viewpoint.

I don't think we're talentless or screwed... I also think it's unlikely that ALL of our potentials will be reached. The answer is likely somewhere in the middle, as it always is.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e36f-Yql5MM

Redskins waived CB Colt Brennan.
                The first victim of the John Beck trade. The slightly built Brennan has had four surgeries since being drafted in the sixth round back in 2008. He's yet to throw a pass in a regular season game, and he obviously failed to impress Shanahan & Son in spring and summer practices. He shouldn't expect much interest on the open market.
                http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4676

Opinions may vary, that's all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  Eh... like I said... I think that you can see it both ways, and we'll probably continue to hear it both ways for a while. We don't have any proven playmakers on offense, yet the talented potential we have is wonderful.

It's just the nature of the universe that we're going to hear both sides of that story, so I'm not going to bother to lose any sleep when I hear the more disappointing viewpoint.

I don't think we're talentless or screwed... I also think it's unlikely that ALL of our potentials will be reached. The answer is likely somewhere in the middle, as it always is.

I'd like to hear it "both ways"......

It seemes to be a lot of "one way" & "Tebow" from the guys paid to write....

It will be somewhere between everyone becoming all stars, and only playing 8 guys because there aren't any WR's......

Comment

I'd like to hear it "both ways"......

It seemes to be a lot of "one way" & "Tebow" from the guys paid to write....

It will be somewhere between everyone becoming all stars, and only playing 8 guys because there aren't any WR's......
                    Yeah... I come here to get it 'both ways'.

It's good to have varying opinions and discussion. I just don't get the amount of emotion people show when someone simply has a different view. Rather than discuss the differed views, the views are often disregarded and put down... if the person with the views isn't directly.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I disagree with the title. It should be the "Broncos lack a known offensive threat". Or an establishted offensive threat. It isn't McDaniels' fault he got paired with a couple of babies in Cutler and Marshall.

McDaniels has done an excellent job of getting rid of the people who didn't want to be here. Now we have a better locker room and more stable situation. Plus we can reap some of the rewards of these high picks. Moreno, Thomas and Tebow have to be hits.
                      http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...uff/hillis.gif

Comment

Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post
                        Actually, I thought the draft was about having a kind of lottery based upon your previous record to get new talent coming into the NFL out of college and having a fair chance to get the best talent available rather than watching the big market clubs with lots of money and the best record attracting all the talent away from the small clubs. Silly me.

And value is relative. If Tebow busts, it wouldn't matter if he was a second round bust or a third round bust or a first round bust - it's still a pick that didn't pan out, cost the club money and could have been spent on someone who didn't bust (except amazingly, no one has yet come up with a good way to tell in advance who will bust and who won't).

For example, if Tebow ends up starting next year and takes us to a 13-3 record and the Super Bowl, is he still not worth the value given up for him? Particularly since no one knows if the people we MIGHT have drafted with those picks we traded away would have bust?

And if the Vikes were targeting Tebow it could possibly be because they don't know if Favre is coming back or not and they don't think Tavaris Jackson can take over the team.

There are all kinds of possibilities and jumping to conclusions is a sure way to miss the most important ones.

You remind me of one of my favorite things written by Mark Twain.

"When I was fourteen, my father knew absolutely nothing. When I was 21, I was astounded at what the old man had learned in just seven years."
                        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

The funny thing is it's 3800 yds, he missed almost a full game, and played 3 others with a metal splint on his throwing finger because the bone was sticking out of the skin in PS, yet some want to bash, and bash, and bash, and then here in about 8 weeks will want to post away, and have all be forgotten how idiodic their posts were, Like his production "came out of nowhere"......

And yeah it was the SB my bad, that put TD on the map, where even people in New York saw him as a playmaker, but it was FAR before then that anyone who watched the team, and supprted them, knew he was special, and that was the point i was trying to make.....
                          You know, I never even considered that: 3,800 yards, and he played 15 games,
                          not 16. Had he played all 16 and managed his average in that 16th game, his
                          total would have gone over 4,000 yards. And, as you suggested, he did that
                          with splint on his finger the first three games . . . and played on the high
                          ankle sprain the last seven. He did better than even I thought . . .

-----

Comment

Hey no big. Like I said, I agreed with almost all of it. I think the dislocated index finger on his throwing hand (which affects accuracy), the ankle sprains, learning a new system and having the whole rest of the team learning it as well were all complications that went into the fact that the Broncos were not as effective on offense as they could have been.

I didn't have any problems with Orton that I didn't see on the whole rest of the offense. I saw the ball go where there were no receivers, because the receiver turned the wrong way on a timing route, I saw lots of drive killing penalties such as illegal procedure, illegal movement, illegal man downfield, etc caused by people not knowing the system well enough yet that they could just go out and play, they had to constantly be checking to see if they were in the right place, pointed at the right guy, doing the right thing and, oh yeah, what was the snap count again?

I saw our offensive line unable to pass protect at times, I saw our offensive line being pushed back into the backfield routinely because they were too small and I didn't see how ANY of that stuff was Orton's fault.

We had a major transition to go through last year. I think this year we will see a big improvement in our offense and our defense with the new additions to the team.

I'm excited. Do I predict a Super Bowl this season? No, but I'm predicting playoffs and perhaps even going deep in the playoffs, though it's still way too early for that yet.
                            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

IMO Krieger, seemingly the only reasonable football writer at the Post, put together a very solid piece.

He is speaking specifically about offensive playmakers. In that regard, Moreno is the closest thing we have a to a true playmaker. I would speculate (as Krieger does too) that either Thomas or Decker (or both) could blossom into one, but neither of them have played a single snap yet. Royal IMO is a playmaker, but the head coach and offensive co-ordinator have yet to show that they understand how to use him effectively.

The McDaniels' fan-brigade is quick to react to anyone who dares question a head coach yet to coach his first playoff game. In this piece however, Krieger examines a specific aspect of one unit of the team. Many here, even those of us expecting the Broncos to make the playoffs, think we will do that on the strength of the defense together with a steady running game beind a strong offensive line. Let's put the pitchforks away.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                                IMO Krieger, seemingly the only reasonable football writer at the Post, put together a very solid piece.

He is speaking specifically about offensive playmakers. In that regard, Moreno is the closest thing we have a to a true playmaker. I would speculate (as Krieger does too) that either Thomas or Decker (or both) could blossom into one, but neither of them have played a single snap yet. Royal IMO is a playmaker, but the head coach and offensive co-ordinator have yet to show that they understand how to use him effectively.

The McDaniels' fan-brigade is quick to react to anyone who dares question a head coach yet to coach his first playoff game. In this piece however, Krieger examines a specific aspect of one unit of the team. Many here, even those of us expecting the Broncos to make the playoffs, think we will do that on the strength of the defense together with a steady running game beind a strong offensive line. Let's put the pitchforks away.
                                You've never heard of Jeff Legwold? Or Lindsay Jones? Mike Klis?

Krieger makes sense some of the time, but if you place no credibility with any
                                of the others, you are missing a lot.

Writing is like anything else: A QB throws and INT once in a while; a writer
                                falls on his face in a column or article. It happens.

It happened this time.

-----

Comment

Working...
                                X