Jabar Gaffney in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabar Gaffney in 2010

Found these highlights of Jabar's season last year. Who else thinks this guy will be able to fill the role of Marshall? I mean he might not have the beast like YAC skills of Marshall but I think he will be a deep threat for sure as he seems to be able to get out there and find open field easily.

Here are some 09 highlights check it out if you haven't already
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTXwZgtDnU
    pay attention at to the play at 2:50 he's surrounded by four defenders but still manages to get open just long enough to bring one in.
    Last edited by kyleortonfan; 08-02-2010, 07:49 PM.

I don't believe one guy will fill Bmarshes shoes in terms of getting 1000 yds. The way I see it that will be done by different players from week to week. As long as one guy step up from week to week bmarsh won't be too missed. That also depends on Orton's ability to spread the ball around...plus a little bit from the running game. That is crucial to our success this year in my opinion. Gaffney does have a big role to fill being the number 1 option now but he didn't do too bad and who better than a guy who's been in this system since his new england days. I'm not that concerned with the absence of bmarsh.
    :go:

Comment

I love Gaffney and to be honest With Lloyd,Stokely and Royal and some creative playcalling behind a little more of an O-line this corps had potential! RB has me a little worried for obvious reasons but let the QB competition begin.
      Great post, loved the vid.

Doesn't mean I don't love Decker and Thomas but just sayin'
      [sigpic

Comment

BMarsh is arguably a Top 5 WR and definitely a Top 10. Gaffney is no where near that tier of WRs. He has never had a season with more than 55 catches in his 8 year NFL. I just don't see him filling BMarsh's role as the go-to-guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
          BMarsh is arguably a Top 5 WR and definitely a Top 10. Gaffney is no where near that tier of WRs. He has never had a season with more than 55 catches in his 8 year NFL. I just don't see him filling BMarsh's role as the go-to-guy.
          You are right.... the guy is considered a journeyman for a reason
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Jabar Gaffney was an excellent addition to our team. Will he be able to fill Marshall’s shoes, I don’t know about that, but I hope he will. Personally, I hope he doesn’t feel any added pressure to do so and try and be something he’s not. I want Jabar Gaffney to play his game and be a solid wide receiver for us, like I know he can be. Anything more is icing on the cake.
            Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

He has looked pretty damned impressive in camp so far.

He's really looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                He has looked pretty damned impressive in camp so far.

He's really looking good.
                I don't doubt that he looks good, I would just question comparing this guy to Marshall. It is clear that Marshalls talent is one of the best in the game, and while Gaffney may be a better teammate, practice player, etc.. I don't remember him ever getting close to 1000 yard season. I agree with a poster above that said no single person would make up for Marshall absence, but a team effort. Hopefully that can happen or at least come close to happening.

Comment

Yea but if you saw him play the last game of the season with Marshall's absence he was tearing it up. If he has more games like that he could very well come close to a 1000 yard season.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleortonfan View Post
                    Yea but if you saw him play the last game of the season with Marshall's absence he was tearing it up. If he has more games like that he could very well come close to a 1000 yard season.
                    That was mostly due to the fact that Orton threw him the ball for most of the game. It was a sight to see though.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                      That was mostly due to the fact that Orton threw him the ball for most of the game. It was a sight to see though.
                      Kyle sorta threw BM the ball the whole game all season....Kinda
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        And that's different from how Marshall got his receptions how?

Just sayin'..

Comment

I think we could see a 70+catch season from Gaffney, he may very well come close to 1000 yards.

Nice vid, CP for the find

EDIT:

Orton had some really great throws in that video as well. If Clady gets healthy and Beadles and Walton adjust quickly to the pro game I think we could have a very effective offense in 2010.
                          Last edited by Den615; 08-02-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Gaffney is one of the smartest guys on our team. He is very reliable and very underrated in my opinion. He's probably the best WR on our team right now.

Comment

Jabar also does not have 2 strikes agianst him with the league.

Not wishing Marshal any ill will... but it would not surprise me if some time this season...
                              somewhere in South Beach... that BMarsh will get a third strike.

Third strike and he will be out. Can't catch any balls at home on the couch.
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                              X