Jabar Gaffney in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    It also should be noted that the Chiefs was the same team that Miles Austin had his "Breakout" game against. The first 4 games of the season, Austin had a total of 81yrds, from week 5 (KC) until the end of the season he had 1,239. All some people need is an OPPORTUNITY to prove that they belong in the NFL. So, to act like the KC game wasn't that big of a deal is just wrong.

As i said before. If that was Marshall putting up the stats that Gaffney had in that game (14 catches for 213yds) half of the people on this board would've be screaming about that is the reason why we should keep Marshall. I'm also willing to bet anybody that if Marshall would've put up those stats against KC, we would've never heard anything about KC having the 30th defense in the league.
    Very well said

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
      Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
      Originally posted by kyleortonfan View Post
      Yea but if you saw him play the last game of the season with Marshall's absence he was tearing it up. If he has more games like that he could very well come close to a 1000 yard season.
      It also should be noted though that this was done against KC's #30 rated defense.
      And well.. he threw it 56 times also.

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
      Is Orton not relevant or something...

not in that line of conversation.....

Comment

Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
        BMarsh is arguably a Top 5 WR and definitely a Top 10. Gaffney is no where near that tier of WRs. He has never had a season with more than 55 catches in his 8 year NFL. I just don't see him filling BMarsh's role as the go-to-guy.
        Agreed. But to be a homer, in his one game in his 8 year career as the #1 receiver, he put up almost 20 grabs for over 200 yards.....but wait it gets better....against the Chiefs!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          Well...lets not forget Gaffney had the best season of his career last year, it was his 8th season. Eddie McCaffrey didn't have his first 1,000 yard season till his 8th season, so its possible.

Yes he doesn't have the talent of Marshall, but when he's had to Gaffney has shown up big, remember the playoff game a few years back with New England when he caught 10 passes?

Lets hope Gaffney has a big year, it certainly is possible.
          Gaffney put up big numbers in playoffs in 2006 and first player in playoff history to put up back to back 100 yards season. And that too without having Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

Get your popcorn ready...

Comment

I honestly think he won't be able to do much with the emergence of Thomas, and Decker....maybe not so much Decker but definitly Thomas, that guy is gonna shock the league...

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
              I honestly think he won't be able to do much with the emergence of Thomas, and Decker....maybe not so much Decker but definitly Thomas, that guy is gonna shock the league...
              Gaffney knows the offense better than any reciever on the roster, and he also knows all 5 of the WR positions. And this is the reason why i think Gaff will still have a very productive season for us.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                Its hard to say, there aren't many rookie receivers who have 1,000 yard seasons. Right now if I was going to bet money, it would be on Gaffney.

Comment

Working...
                X