Why no love for Brady Quinn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no love for Brady Quinn?

Just a simple question. We all know the hype and enthusiasm around Tebow and all the talks about getting him into the game right away. That being said, isnt Quinn more likely to take the reins of the offense if Orton were to get hurt?
    sigpic

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

It's tough love from this Cleveland resident. As bad as the Browns are, he lost to Derek Anderson after Derek Anderson lost the job to himself. He needs to prove a lot before I place confidence in him again.
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Granted but if McDaniels is the genius behind Tom Brady like everyone seems to think he is, you would have to imagine that he can bring out Quinn's true potential. Going into the NFL as a #1st round draft pick..someone had to have seen some there right?
      sigpic

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

Comment

Everyone just has Tebow fever and who can blame them, he is a very exciting young player with the right attitude.

That being said, I have a little bit of the fever as well, but I do NOT want to see Tim Tebow take a single snap this year at QB, he needs to develop and if he is playing QB that means we are very bad. If Orton gets hurt I hope to god Brady gets the call, but I have no idea what will happen!

Comment

He's getting love, he replace simms.

Comment

When he first got here... there was a ton of hope for him.

The drafting of Tebow changed that.
            Tebows contract changed that.

It will be what it will be...
            and we shall see who takes over for Orton when he gets injured.

The future is unwritten.
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987Broncos View Post
              Just a simple question. We all know the hype and enthusiasm around Tebow and all the talks about getting him into the game right away. That being said, isnt Quinn more likely to take the reins of the offense if Orton were to get hurt?
              Mehh...

back-up QB, will likely never be the starter in D, I guess I am excited.. sort of....
              A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

*Everybody* loves the backup quarterback.

Sheesh!
                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                  When he first got here... there was a ton of hope for him.

The drafting of Tebow changed that.
                  Tebows contract changed that.

It will be what it will be...
                  and we shall see who takes over for Orton when he gets injured.

The future is unwritten.
                  We have no fate but what we make?

Comment

I think he is likely to replace Orton if Orton gets injured. Maybe late in the year it could be Tebow, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                      We have no fate but what we make?
                      Sarah Connor, is that you?
                      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Yes.

You're right.

There's not much more to say than that.

Comment

In this offense, Quinn would almost certainly have better stats than Orton. There's a reason Quinn was McD's first choice last year and we offered a 1st to get him but only offered to swap a 3rd for a 5th for Orton. Dumb move on the Browns' part to turn that down.

In any case, if we didn't have Tebow, Quinn would be a better QB. But since we do have Tebow, Quinn isn't that interesting any more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                            In this offense, Quinn would almost certainly have better stats than Orton. There's a reason Quinn was McD's first choice last year and we offered a 1st to get him but only offered to swap a 3rd for a 5th for Orton. Dumb move on the Browns' part to turn that down.

In any case, if we didn't have Tebow, Quinn would be a better QB. But since we do have Tebow, Quinn isn't that interesting any more.
                            Tebow's pet

Comment

Quinn gets no love because he's awful.

I hope our starter doesn't go down...
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X