• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: Why no love for Brady Quinn?

A: Because Mirer > Quinn.
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
    FF is awesome!

Comment

If we continue to run a ball-controlled O then Quinn can have a decent career in Denver.

I wouldn't feel confident with him going long but that hardly fitted into our gameplan last year. We also need our running backs to step up. We need a 1,500 yard per season from Moreno which will open up the passing game. We never really got to that situation last year.

I agree that Tebow's signing has probably changed things for Brady Quinn and it's a shame as I would really like to see him take charge of the Offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco UK View Post
        If we continue to run a ball-controlled O then Quinn can have a decent career in Denver.
        If accuracy wasn't an issue, you're probably right.

Quinn has a career 52.1 completion percentage......

Quinn won two games last year...

Pittsburgh 6 of 19 (31.6 comp%) 90 yds 0 TD's 0 Int's and a 48.1 QB rating....

&

KC 10 of 17 (58.8 comp%) 66 yds 0 TD's 2 INT's and a 27.7 QB rating....

(anderson followed those two performances up with a 90.6 QB rating so it's possible to look good on the 2009 Cleveland team......)

Sorry if i don't lead the parade......

Comment

Lots of love for Quinn here. Watched him play at ND and some at CLE, Quinn would not be fighting for a job against the likes of Orton had he been drafted by a real organization. He could be fantastic in this system, however with the drafting of TT boy, probably wont happen and thats a shame.

Comment

Either way, I feel confident with the 3 QB's we have.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll support him, and pray like hell that he has a re-brith if orton goes down, but i don't think he's the best option to win right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                There's a reason Quinn was McD's first choice last year and we offered a 1st to get him but only offered to swap a 3rd for a 5th for Orton. Dumb move on the Browns' part to turn that down.
                Not at all.

I don't play into "what if's".

Had the Browns traded Quinn for a first, then the Browns would have ONLY Derek Anderson to fall back on. As everyone should know, Anderson is an absolutely horrible QB. The worst possible choice.

As for that "What If" game, we can play it all day.

What if the Colts drafted Ryan Leaf instead of Manning?

What if the Broncos traded Jay Cutler to a team other than the Bears?

What if the Saints didn't trade their entire draft to select Ricky Williams?

What if the referees didn't choose to review a play several plays later in the Jags vs Browns game?

Can do it all day.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                  Q: Why no love for Brady Quinn?

A: Because Mirer > Quinn.
                  Gino Torretta > Quinn
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                    In this offense, Quinn would almost certainly have better stats than Orton. There's a reason Quinn was McD's first choice last year and we offered a 1st to get him but only offered to swap a 3rd for a 5th for Orton. Dumb move on the Browns' part to turn that down.

In any case, if we didn't have Tebow, Quinn would be a better QB. But since we do have Tebow, Quinn isn't that interesting any more.
                    Nice to see you have a opinion. I'm glad it's only yours.:orton:
                    Mike O.

Comment

I have love for him and think with good coaching, he will do just fine as a back up, possibly a starter if he needs to be in the future. Will be real sad if they trade him away like some of the fans of the other qb's we have want them to. I think that would be real dumb if they do.
                      Last edited by ParkHill-71; 08-08-2010, 02:49 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
                        *Everybody* loves the backup quarterback.

Sheesh!
                        Only until they take the field when the games count *LOL* then suddenly the starter looks brilliant and everyone denies that they wanted the back-up to play

Comment

Originally posted by 1987Broncos View Post
                          Just a simple question. We all know the hype and enthusiasm around Tebow and all the talks about getting him into the game right away. That being said, isnt Quinn more likely to take the reins of the offense if Orton were to get hurt?
                          I gots plently love for Quinn, and yes.. he'll most likely be our 2cd string qb this year.

Comment

Why no love....simple cause he is the odd man out in a QB duel. orton is the starter and has his followers, TT is the heir apparent. What is Quinn he is the guy that we pray that he doesn't play meaningful minutes this season cause if he does that means one way or another our starter is either hurt, or stinking it up
                            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Like I said, if they trade this guy away, it will be reeeaaaaal Dumb!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X