Polumbus Benched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polumbus Benched

D'Anthony Batiste has replaced Tyler Polumbus as the Broncos' first-team left tackle in Wednesday's practice.
    This is another reminder that the Broncos desperately need Ryan Clady (torn patellar tendon) in the lineup. As bad as Polumbus was last season, there's no reason to believe the journeyman Batiste will be an improvement. He's started just four games in five seasons with the Redskins and Falcons.
    Source: Denver Post
    Related: Tyler Polumbus
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4102

Get healthy Clady...

Yeah get rid of polombo hes a bum
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I am actually really hoping this guy gets cut... After watching him at training camp he might have been the worst player on the entire field. It was just disgusting to watch.

Comment

Actually only disappointment I feel to this is that we really need Clady back bad. TP is terrible and Batiste cant be much worse tbh...and from what I've heard of him in TC, good riddance.
        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
        Sig by: MHS

Comment

Maybe we should try Zane Beadles at LT. He played a lot of games there against tough competition and was a 2nd round pick, so we should expect him to be at least a decent backup OT. D'Anthony Batiste probably won't be able to help much.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering how it can be considered "benched" when there's no bench at TC.....

McD said they'd be trying out lots of people, but hopefully Batiste, can step up a little, McD had mentioned him a couple of times, and how hard he worked in the offseason....

Comment

I hope Batiste can play better then Polumbus..

From what i've read in the reports, Polumbus has been horrible.. We need Clady healthy ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
                I'm wondering how it can be considered "benched" when there's no bench at TC.....
                They had to special order one just for Tyler

Comment

AW MAN! Guess i better not order that Polumbus jersey huh

Comment

Ouch. We need Clady back extremely bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mtownclown View Post
                      AW MAN! Guess i better not order that Polumbus jersey huh
                      lmao, do they even make those?
                      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                      Sig by: MHS

Comment

Was there a good tackle in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds of the draft?

Comment

For the first time I am getting nervous about our Tackle situation. If Clady or Harris go down, we are in tough shape. Sure, some of the young guns will get better, but I for one would have liked us to pick up Flozell given we appear to have a serious gap between A team and the others.

Maybe the good news is that Clady will return sooner than later, therefore no panic to find a seasoned vet for the first part of the season.

I have placed a lot of stock in our oline this year......if they are as tough and proficient as we expect them to be, odds are we will have better QBacking, stronger run game, and passing stats to match the QB improvement. If however we are limping for a good part of the season in the trench, I for one need to downgrade my expectations on O, and in wins.

Nothing to get too worried about...................yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                            Was there a good tackle in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds of the draft?
                            Beadles was a LT for the majority of his career but we seem set on leaving him at LG. A few months ago I would have been able to tell you the names of the good ones, but I can't remember anymore

We really need Clady to be healthy soon.

Comment

I was just reading in the football outsiders almanac that they considered Polumbus the single worst impact of a player on any one team last year. It's good to see that our front office saw it and fixed it in the off....err. waitaminute.

Comment

Working...
                              X