No announcement yet.

Polumbus Benched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is suppose to be a light hearted post. I am not that supersticious. Just a little.

However, when I saw his name linked to this, I was just like.....:doh:

One week from today, there will be a lot of us focused on a lot of people.

Hey its football season and there is always hope in my book.

Comment

This thread fails, I'm sorry. I am as mad as anybody about Doom's injury, it flat out sucks and bad luck just seems to follow us, but you can't blame a player for giving his all, especially if he is on the proverbial roster bubble.

These injuries will show the true character and perseverance of this team, if they can rise above and win some games thier confidence will be at an all time high.

Call me crazy but I really think Jarvis Moss can step right in and produce a 10 sack season, he's supposedly looking really good in camp and is in a contract year, he will be motivated by money and the fact that he was a first round pick proves he has talent, hopefully he taps into his potential and takes this oppurtunity and runs with it.

Comment

Really not fair to blame Polumbus for Doom's injury.

Quite childish really, and there's no such thing as jinxes.

Except the Madden curse.(that's it)

Comment

He then stinks the out the joint, and in my opinion probaby grabbed a hold of Dumervil out of anger or frustration for his demotion, and injures our best defensive player.
          Not saying this is the case, I wouldnt be surprised if Doom is soon tested for something.
          This is not meant to be a personal attack, but this has got to be one of the worst cases of jumping to a conclusion with out any logic or reason I have ever seen; the only thing you missed was blaming coach McD some way. You think, or at least contempated for a second, that Polumbus would purposely pull down another teamate out of frustration or anger? And then you later put out the idea the injury could be due to Doom taking a PED? Seriously? I didn't realize insanity was one of the stages of grief. Step back take a deep breath and realize that injuries are a part of football, they suck, nobody wants them to happen even to a rival, but they are a reality none the less. As far as Polumbus is concerned you need to lay off the guy. He is a paragon back up o-lineman with his versatility and ability; of course a back up is not going to play as well as the starter he replaces, but the back up is still important. It doesn't make any sense to hold a back up to the same standards as a starter; if they had that type of ability they would not be backing someone up. And I am not even touching the PED alligation, just let me point out that football at the NFL level is one of the most physical jobs there is and so injuries of this kind are not unusual. It's not like Doom was tore his pec while editing a spreadsheet. He tore it by going up against a 6'8'' 310 lb man.

Comment

Leave Tyler Alone!!!

My other love...
            sigpic
            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

We heard the same garbage about Griese ending TD's career. Accidents happen for pete's sake.

Comment

Just curious, what was Polumbus' Aura rating in Madden this year?

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                  Right now he is a jinx, and I dont like those type around me, let alone the Broncos.

Maybe dumb and childish, but I have seen and been around those type.

Especially at the track.

Just seems like he is around or involved in bad things.

Get him out of here.
                  Yes, it sure is. Believing in bad luck and jinxing is the excuse people use when they can't compete based on talent. It seems you are already making up excuses why the Broncos may not be competitive this year and it has nothing to do with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
                    Yes, it sure is. Believing in bad luck and jinxing is the excuse people use when they can't compete based on talent. It seems you are already making up excuses why the Broncos may not be competitive this year and it has nothing to do with reality.
                    They won't be competetive due to their sidelines looking similiar to a MASH ward

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      They won't be competetive due to their sidelines looking similiar to a MASH ward
                      That's why it's important to have decent back up players. Tom Brady got side-lined for a year and the Pats went 11-5 with a QB that hadn't played since high school. You find a way. No excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        Perhaps you should read Proverbs 31:6. You should also read in. 1Cor where it says "love thinks no evil".

Maybe Doom spent too much time in the weight room before he went out....? He probably has encountered the same kind of contact hundreds of time before.

I prefer not to wildly speculate about the motives of another person.
                        Or maybe Dumervil just . . . got hurt.

It is football, after all, right?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                          He goes and pulls a stunt like this.

It was Polumbus that injured Doom, from what I have read.

I know it was an accident. However, it sure seems this guy is in a lot of spots where I cant stand him. Not for nothing, but When Harris was in last year they were 7-2.

What does that make the record with Polumbus?

He then stinks the out the joint, and in my opinion probaby grabbed a hold of Dumervil out of anger or frustration for his demotion, and injures our best defensive player.

Perhaps I am seeing too much and injuries just happen. However, lets look at the facts. He gets demoted. He is now doing a blocking drill where he desperately doesnt want to get abused against the leagues best pass rusher.

What choice, other than grabbing and clawing to stop from being abused?

wow, what a rush to judgment.

1. Polumbus seems like a substandard pro tackle to me only because I can tell that he's awful in pass protection, just from my own observation.
                          2. His being in the games was not the main reason we lost games, IMO, though his being in certainly hurt our offense since Orton didn't have much time before he had to throw the ball away or toss it up in the air for Marshall.
                          3. The main reason we finished so poorly last year had more to do with our inability to stop the run on defense than our offense, again IMO.
                          4. Do we know if Polumbus "did" anything to cause the accident? All I've read is that Doom reached out and put his hands on Polumbus and then yanked them back quickly. Was it that Polumbus actually did something or was Doom out of position when he made his move and do something himself? Was it perhaps a combination of the two?
                          You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            Just curious, what was Polumbus' Aura rating in Madden this year?
                            Yes, you do need another cp for this post, but unfortunately I have to spread some reputation around first.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                              Really not fair to blame Polumbus for Doom's injury.

Quite childish really, and there's no such thing as jinxes.

Except the Madden curse.(that's it)
                              And the cover of Sports Illustrated.

But really, nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                              X