LenDale White is a Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soloking View Post
    Seems like he's really been humbled by all of his mistakes. Hopefully coming home and playing for his home team will really wake him up!
    He really does look like he ate humble pie. Lets hope it pushes him to be the best he can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fargo View Post
      Generally, if your two starting capable RB's are out with injuries, you don't give a damn whether or not the guy you replace them with has character issues.

Sure, he does. But I'll pick LenDale over the rookies I'm hearing about. BuenaColt, I think you'd agree with this assessment.
      Ummm, nope. First, Im not now nor have I ever been a LenWhale White fan. I dont like him as a person, which really isnt that big of a deal for me, but I also dont think he's that good of a RB. So no, if you give me a choice between a RB like White who is undisciplined and has some serious attitude issues, over a rookie, I would rather give the rookie a chance.

I understand your point. You know what your going to get from White. I just dont think thats enough. Then throw in the mantra most of you have been chanting around here for two years now about the "high character, team first players" and the whole thing stinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
        The same was said about Cedric Benson. Usually "volume carriers" like Benson and White don't get as many carries as they did in college and become "busts" in the NFL. But we all saw what happened when Benson went to a team that featured him with no Thomas Jones taking carries. White can be the same way. He is a volume carrier. He isn't breaking any 35 yarders you got to use him to get 3 yards and a cloud of dust 25-30 times.
        Slow your roll there with the Cedric Benson comparisons. Shouldn’t you wait at least another year until you anoint him? Its not even a very good comparison in the first place. Benson has been one injury after another his entire career and that and his questionable attitude while with the Bears were the main factors that held him back… well, that and the whole no quarterback problem. He had shown flashes of talent and the potential to be a quality NFL RB prior to going to the Bengals so for most, his breakout last year was no huge surprise.

And by the way, he’s had just as many run in’s with the law while in Cincinnati as he had while he was with the Bears. He was arrested last year for punching a bartender. So there goes the whole “turning a new leaf” argument.

Comment

• He sounds humbled, glad for the opportunity..

Good interview, hope it all works out..

Comment

• getting cut by his college coach was the wake up call moment. I for one welcome him here, he just needs to stay away from MM clinics and Blackjack Pizza before bed.

Oh and OP BTW it's "LenDale."

Comment

• I cant believe the total horsesb1t spewing out of many of these posts.

Give the guy a chance- he came cheap and if he's on his game he's one of the best red-zone, TD-producing backs out there.

This forum is digging new depths in knee-jerk reactionary stupidity and moronic reasoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
                Slow your roll there with the Cedric Benson comparisons. Shouldn’t you wait at least another year until you anoint him? Its not even a very good comparison in the first place. Benson has been one injury after another his entire career and that and his questionable attitude while with the Bears were the main factors that held him back… well, that and the whole no quarterback problem. He had shown flashes of talent and the potential to be a quality NFL RB prior to going to the Bengals so for most, his breakout last year was no huge surprise.

And by the way, he’s had just as many run in’s with the law while in Cincinnati as he had while he was with the Bears. He was arrested last year for punching a bartender. So there goes the whole “turning a new leaf” argument.
                I never made any character arguements..... try READING my comment and not putting words in my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                X