Fast Fall By Seth Olsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Fall By Seth Olsen

He was slated to be our starting Left Guard after Ben Hamilton left, and the guy can't even find his way on the field!!

He started with the 1st team in passing camp, but was quickly overtaken by Zane Beadles. Beadles doesn't look like he's going to give the job back anytime soon.

Now with Chris Kuper absent from training camp tonight, Guard Stanley Daniels was inserted with the first team instead of Seth Olsen.

I don't know about you, but this speaks volumes about that draft pick. What a shame.

Thoughts.

EDIT: For the noobs, I'm talking about Seth Olsen, drafted last year out of Iowa in the 4th round. Not Eric Olsen, who was drafted this year out of Notre Dame.
    Last edited by getlynched47; 08-06-2010, 10:57 PM.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Not really. It speaks about his being not a good fit right now...
    I would hardly condemn the man as a bad draft pick on the 6th day of Training Camp.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

he is a zone blocking OG in a power Scheme so what do you expect.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Seth Olsen has been taking snaps with the 1st team at LG during training camp along with Beadles. Perhaps McDaniels just wants to see how Daniels looks against the first unit D. It'd be foolish to think that what we see out there right now is an official week 1 depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          he is a zone blocking OG in a power Scheme so what do you expect.
          Seth Olsen is not a zone blocking OG. He's a power blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
            Seth Olsen has been taking snaps with the 1st team at LG during training camp along with Beadles. Perhaps McDaniels just wants to see how Daniels looks against the first unit D. It'd be foolish to think that what we see out there right now is an official week 1 depth chart.
            Negative. The only shuffling that has happened is D'Anthony Batiste in place of Tyler Polumbus.

As far as I know, Zane Beadles and JD Walton have not been sharing first team reps here in training camp. They have been playing almost exclusively with the first team.

Seth Olsen was counted on to be a starter, but hasn't done enough to get onto the field.

sigpic

Comment

Give the kid a break... he's been in tc for how long? ughh... 6 days?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGonePro View Post
                Give the kid a break... he's been in tc for how long? ughh... 6 days?
                He had last year's training camp also.

And also passing camp/ OTA's

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  He had last year's training camp also.

And also passing camp/ OTA's
                  I'm pretty sure he can find the field pretty well if hes been here that long.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGonePro View Post
                    I'm pretty sure he can find the field pretty well if hes been here that long.
                    You're funny

sigpic

Comment

Negative. The only shuffling that has happened is D'Anthony Batiste in place of Tyler Polumbus.

As far as I know, Zane Beadles and JD Walton have not been sharing first team reps here in training camp. They have been playing almost exclusively with the first team.

Seth Olsen was counted on to be a starter, but hasn't done enough to get onto the field.
                      I remember reading he was taking snaps with the first team, however I'm too lazy to go dig it up from MHR or wherever I read it.

Bah nevermind I found it.

I also took note that Seth Olsen was running with the first-team offense at LG. Zane Beadles had been playing there earlier in the session. Beadles looked better today, and as a unit the O-Line was improved. I wouldn't read much into it since Josh McDaniels had already said he was going to rotate guys in a out.
                      http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8...-training-camp

Comment

You're funny
                        The reason i said hes only been in tc for 6 days now is because i thought you were talking about eric olsen, i get those two mixed up at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          I remember reading he was taking snaps with the first team, however I'm too lazy to go dig it up from MHR or wherever I read it.

Bah nevermind I found it.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8...-training-camp
                          ah. I missed that.

How about recently? Does anybody know if he's been taking 1st team reps? I doubt it, cuz I've been good at following MHR, MaxDenver, and twitter the past few days.

sigpic

Comment

ah. I missed that.

How about recently? Does anybody know if he's been taking 1st team reps? I doubt it, cuz I've been good at following MHR, MaxDenver, and twitter the past few days.
                            I don't think he has recently, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I'd wait until around the 3rd or 4th pre-season game.

Comment

Zane Beadles is no slouch. He was a major part of Utah's unofficial national championship. He's probably the best off all of this year's draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X