Fast Fall By Seth Olsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeGonePro View Post
    The reason i said hes only been in tc for 6 days now is because i thought you were talking about eric olsen, i get those two mixed up at times.
    Oops. Me , too.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

actually the only place he was slated to be the starter was on these boards. Not by the coaches as everyone was saying around drasft time.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        actually the only place he was slated to be the starter was on these boards. Not by the coaches as everyone was saying around drasft time.
        Im too lazy to find the vids but mcdaniels did mention his name on people he think could start this year (it was before the draft though.)

Comment

Our 2009 draft is going down the drain really fast. Alphonso Smith showing no improvement, no pick in round 3, and only David Bruton as a contributor from rounds 4 to 7. McKinley will enter his 3rd season with 0 catches, Brandstater and Schlueter gone.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Our 2009 draft is going down the drain really fast. Alphonso Smith showing no improvement, no pick in round 3, and only David Bruton as a contributor from rounds 4 to 7. McKinley will enter his 3rd season with 0 catches, Brandstater and Schlueter gone.
            Darcel Mcbath was a great pick up in 09, i expect big things from him this year. If only they would put him in as strong safety and have him be out on the field with Dawkins at the same time.

Maybe it will happen this year? Who knows... but i'm definitely excited to see what he can bring to the table now that hes 100% healthy. Lets hope he stays healthy through training camp.

Comment

Not true you may wanna read again what scheme they run at iowa. ...hint zbs
              Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              Seth Olsen is not a zone blocking OG. He's a power blocker.
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                Im too lazy to find the vids but mcdaniels did mention his name on people he think could start this year (it was before the draft though.)
                no he said he likes his improvment. This is what i was arguing with people about before the draft when i was saying we need a LG and everyone was saying Josh Mcdaniels has said seth olsen will start. He never said this.

Comment

Alot of that has to do with the firing of the Goodmans and when McX was hired/promoted.

They had zero time to scout. They had no scout team, no reports, no nothing to go on.

Basically, they had to draft based on the combine and we all know how BAD the combine is for judging draft picks (see Vernon Gholston).

But they had no other choice because they werent in place in enough time to do anything else.

I think if you look at this years draft and how (generally) happy everyone is with it and how well the picks are performing at camp then you can get a good indication of how well they can pick when given the proper amount of time to scout and prepare.
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Alphonso Smith has improved, he's just been outshone by Perrish Cox so far. Plus we got Darcel McBath who should be pushing for a starting job soon

Comment

Is it a surprise that Beadles is starting LG? Isn't that what everyone expected? Olsen was kept inactive last year even as the offensive line deteriorated. Beadles was drafted to play starting LG. Leaving Seth, as backup or not with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                        Not true you may wanna read again what scheme they run at iowa. ...hint zbs
                        Broncos agreed to terms with fourth-round OG Seth Olsen on a four-year contract, including a $414,120 signing bonus.
                        A power blocker from Iowa, the Broncos' pick of Olsen is more evidence that they're moving away from their old zone-blocking scheme. Olsen was a two-year starter at right guard for Kirk Ferentz. He'll be a backup as a rookie.
                        Seth Olsen is expected to get first crack at the Broncos' vacant starting left guard position.
                        Olsen was Denver's fourth-round pick last year. With the Broncos going away from their traditional zone-blocking scheme, he's a perfect fit. Olsen is a power blocker, which should help Knowshon Moreno's downhill, inside running style.
                        Coach Josh McDaniels confirmed on Saturday that Seth Olsen will get every opportunity to be the team's starting left guard.
                        "He sure will," McDaniels said. "He's a guy we have high hopes for, high expectations. He does too." Olsen, at 6'5/308, is a power blocker and should help Knowshon Moreno's inside running style.
                        http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=5358

Comment

Two starters and several quality backups is not a terrible draft IMO.

And also lets all not forget, even if Olsen doesn't start this year, that doesn't mean he's a bad pick. I'm sure we'd all love to have some 3rd round OLB handpicked for this scheme from 2-3 seasons ago that has had time to develop right now.

Just like I'm sure if one of our starting guards gets hurt at any point in the coming seasons, I'm sure it'll feel good to know we can plug in a guy who knows the system and has enough talent to play effectively for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            I don't think he has recently, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I'd wait until around the 3rd or 4th pre-season game.
                            I've said from the very second we drafted Beadles, that he would start at LG from day 1... IMO Seth Olsen is nothing special, especially in a power blocking scheme.

Beadles is a mauling machine and easily gives us the best chance on the o-line... He isn't going to give up his job anytime soon. You can count on that.

Comment

As far as Smith goes, I don't think that he belongs in the nickle package. He needs to be on the outside like Champ or Goodman. He is used to playing off the receiver and is way out of position when he trys to bump and run. I think that Smith is a very good corner, he just belongs on the outside to really show us what he is capable of.

Comment

Meh, still too early to tell..

Knowshon had a PCL injury all season and had to run behind an OL that couldnt block anyone..

Ayers had 17 QB pressures and will start this season, i'm expecting big things out of Ayers this season..

Smith, yeah, a lot are dissapointed, but he's an outside CB, not a nickel corner.. He needs to start to show what he can do.. CB is a tough position to transition to in the NFL.

McBath looked really good last season, and may not start this season, hope he does, but he'll have a big role this season for sure..

Quinn, didn't like this pick, but from what i can see he's a great blocking tight end and is the heir apparent to Graham..

Bruton is a ST monster, physical, didnt look too bad when he got to start..

Olsen may not start, but if someone goes down, we have a capable player to fill in and not miss that much..

One thing i'll mention is the scouts, Xanders, and others didnt have much time to evaluate the 2009 draft..

That is why you here a lot of good things about the 2010 draft in camp so far.. I expect many more good drafts in the future..

Comment

Working...
                                X