Tim Tebow Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    Let's say our dreams come true and McD is fired after the 2011 season. Would this end Tebow's career in Denver? How about for the entire NFL?

I think Gruden would give him a chance...
    First of all, "your" dream not ours. And no, Tebow's career wouldn't be over. That's just stupid. A new coach would evaluate his talent and go from there. Common sense.

Comment

• Because totally giving up on a rookie is a great idea.....
      sigpic

Comment

• It would be a huge setback to Tebow because a new coach will want his own guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
          Let's say our dreams come true and McD is fired after the 2011 season. Would this end Tebow's career in Denver? How about for the entire NFL?

I think Gruden would give him a chance...
          not if they can hire tebow's college coach
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            not if they can hire tebow's college coach
            Not true at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
              Because totally giving up on a rookie is a great idea.....
              One that you gave a boat load of money too as well.....
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                It would be a huge setback to Tebow because a new coach will want his own guys.
                Gruden would love to have Tebow, I think if McDaniels is fired that Timmy being a Bronco alone would entice Jon to come to Denver, not to mention sticking it to the Raiders.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                  Gruden would love to have Tebow, I think if McDaniels is fired that Timmy being a Bronco alone would entice Jon to come to Denver, not to mention sticking it to the Raiders.
                  Gruden has never liked developing QBs, he likes vets ala Gannon, Johnston, Griese, Garcia...

He may like the kid as a commentator, but I don't think he has the patience as a coach.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                  J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                  R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                    We just don't know that for sure. When he's given the position, he might go in a different direction. Gruden typically likes well established veterans as QB.

I'm not big on Gruden anyway, just look at the turnaround after getting rid of him down in Tampa.

Comment

• They said Mike Vick would never make it as QB.. then when he plateaued in the NFL and went to prison they said he would never be the same let alone better. And he just outplayed Peyton manning..

What's the moral of this story? No one knows what's going to happen.

Comment

• Why does everyone just assume Tebow is tied at the hip with McD? For all we know he could have been told from up top to draft the kid. And either way Tebow has done nothing but win since he first picked up a football, so I wouldn't be to worried that his "career" would be over. No matter who the coach is Tebow will be just fine. I personally think it would be the best thing for his career if McD was to be fired.
                        #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                          Gruden has never liked developing QBs, he likes vets ala Gannon, Johnston, Griese, Garcia...

He may like the kid as a commentator, but I don't think he has the patience as a coach.
                          Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                          We just don't know that for sure. When he's given the position, he might go in a different direction. Gruden typically likes well established veterans as QB.

I'm not big on Gruden anyway, just look at the turnaround after getting rid of him down in Tampa.
                          My money says that Gruden would jump at the chance to get his hands on Tebow.

We may never know......
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post

Its not that Gruden has never liked developing young qbs, he was just never good at it. His biggest flaw in Tampa was never developing talent. He was a good X's n O's coach but he sucked at drafting. If we get a good GM who could draft the players we would be set

Comment

• I think so, based off the fact he was a huge reach in the first place. Most coaches want to bring in their own guys as well. Its troubling that JMD himself wont even let his guy throw the ball, I doubt someone else is going to wanna come in and develope Tebow.

You also have to think, the coach is going to be in a win now mentallity. Which is another reason I dont see someone sticking it out trying to develope Tebow(and lets be honest he needs ALOT of work). If they did give Tebow a shot, it is more than likley going to brief and unfair because as I said above coaches want "their guy".
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• Why would we give up on Tebow? This makes no sense to me! Like others have said we have spent a boat load of money on him, his Bronco jersey is one of the most popular jersey's in the NFL he wouldn't look right in any other jersey, and to top it off there is no guarantee that Mcd will get fired at all.

I want a new coach too, but I'm willing to give Mcd one more season to pull things together. When we have healthy starters he has been able to give us good games where we've come within inches of beating quality teams. If he can pull us over the line and turn us into a winning machine then we should keep him and Tebow.

He's turned :orton: into a passing machine, so we should at least keep him as a QB coach imho. And Orton has been putting up those #'s without Brandon Marshall, without Scheffler, and without Stokely and Hillis. So Imo that proves he can coach a player-now the question is whether or not he can coach a team. That remains to be seen, I'm waiting for a winning record. Prove it to me Mcd!!!!!!
                                sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Working...
                                X