No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 2 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we invested so much to get tebow.we need to invest in our defensive and offensive line.we are truly in a rebuilding phase.

Comment

• Originally posted by gobroncos313 View Post
      Exactly, that's the point of the two videos.

In Luck's video I see some good passes. But I don't see him being a leader and playing with intensity. Nor do I see him under a lot of pressure plus his highlights are against some pretty mediocre defenses in the Pac 10.

In Tebow's video I see a QB playing with fire and intensity and being a leader. I see him playing against some pretty good defenses in the SEC and playing under some pressure and making plays, not just standing back in the pocket with no pressure. I also see him making some very nice throws.
      Thats a limited amount of plays. Luck though not leader that Tebow is, is no slouch in the department and is better at almost every aspect of the game than Tebow is.

Luck's dad is an NFL player, he has been groomed under Harbough who was an NFL player. He plays in a pro style offense, does pro style reads he has almost perfect mechanics, has a stronger arm and is more accurate of a passer. Lock is more poise as well.

One thing you forgot to mention is while Tebow is playing in the SEC, against some pretty great defenses. I would argu he had one of the better defenses on his side, along with offensive weapons. Tebows teams were completely stacked, as oppsed to Luck who has maybe 3(including him) players that will be on an NFL roster in the future.

Lucks game translate better to the pros than Tebows does. I have no doubt in my mind if Tebow was not a Bronco you would not be making this argument Between the two.

Luck is probably the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• holy mother molasses pot?!? What a junkie criminal! C'mon guy's let's go get a couple double racks before the early game starts....

Comment

• I say Tebow, because he's already here and gives us more options on offense if we play him right. It will allow us to concentrate on more pressing needs, namely the defense in the draft. If nothing else, he buys us some time to fix other areas of the team for a few years, while bringing a hunger to win to the Broncos, and give us time to evaluate then if we'll need to bring in a different quarterback to bring us the ring.

Comment

• I made this statement about defensive players in the draft in another post. I don't want Denver using a high pick on a defensive player that has only had perhaps one year where they were studs for their college team. I also stated I didn't want to see them draft a "stud" defensive player from a division where the talent level was not great enough to truly show whether the player was actually a stud or not.

The same applies to my thinking when it comes to Luck. Yes, he looks phenomenal. Yes, he is in a pro style system and has shown he has a strong arm and is accurate. Has he shown this for more than one year? NO. Is he in a division where he is facing a high percentage of defenders that will be drafted into the NFL in the spring? NO.

The draft is already risky enough. Too many players who are highly touted coming out of college never excel at the pro level. Some do ok and can be solid starters, but never achieve elite status. Some few DO achieve elite status, while others bust and thank God they have a degree to fall back on since their ball playing days are over.

Considering the duration of Luck's success so far, and the weakness of the division he plays in, I would not take him unless we KNEW we DIDNT have a QB on our roster that MIGHT be good given time. Under the circumstances, knowing how badly we NEED to draft defense? It's a no-contest. Tebow all the way.

Comment

• The guy in my sig/avatar/profile pic. Tons of potential and we don't even know if Luck's going to come out in the draft this year. I wouldn't with the uncertainty of the 2011 lockout.
              sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• For the people saying Tebow had a better college career, and put up better numbers. That has nothing to do with how ones game translates to the pros. Tebow played in a spread offense that highly inflates a players numbers. He also had the ability to on a regular basis truck weak slow college players that he cant do in the pros, that takes a big part of his production away. I realise that hes a Bronco and everyone is exaggerating his ability as a QB. But it is just not a logical debate.

Andrew Luck is a once a decade QB prospect, Tebow is not. Which is why we were mocked endlessly for taking him that high in the first round. Maybe people dont know it, because the general population thinks its a joke pick, most think he was a reach and I tend to agree.

If we have the oppertunity to take a player like Luck you jump on it. Danny Werfel and Matt Leinart had storied college careers as well. Where has that gotten them in the pros? Because you are good in college does not mean you will be good in the pros or that your game will translate to the pros.

Most scouts look at a players football IQ/Intangibles/ability to read defenses etc along with mechanics/arm strength/accuracy. Not paper. You also have to take into account not just competion(which everyone keeps bringing up to show Tebow was better). But you have to look at the players around them as well.

Tebow played with probably 6-7 pros on the offensive side of the ball alone. Luck this year has maybe 2 besides him on the entire team. So if you wanna say one played better competition, you also have to account for the help he has against that competition.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• I think he has some good points but at the same time he is being way too harsh. I feel like people on these boards are blinded by Tebow's passion and enthusiasm (which I also love). In reality his stat line did not reflect his performance. He has A LOT to work on. He still cannot work his way to the second progression. With that said, he is a rookie and there is room for improvement. I wouldn't call his first start a success or a failure, but a work in progress. I still don't know if he is a capable NFL starter at the QB position, but with his work ethic I certainly wouldn't bet against the guy. The jury is still out on Tebow, but i'm glad he is starting these last two games so we can at least see what we have in him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• the original question is which qb would you rather have. Luck is a no brainer if thats all your considering. I dont mind being in the minority on that. I was in the minority when I said mcd sucked. I was in the minority when I said orton wasnt the answer. Im used to being in the minority.

Its a long shot to be in a position to get luck. We probably wont get that shot.

If that true, I say "Unleash the Tebow!"
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSyxxSynse View Post
                      Hey all and Merry Christmas,

I just finished up my second Tim Tebow drawing and I wanted to share it. After constructive criticisms on the last drawing I did, I was sure to spend extra time on the hands and what part of the face that is showing. This one is also larger than the first (8x10), so I could get more detail into it. It is also done entirely in graphite.

What do you think?

Also, if you choose to reply, please keep those comments regarding only to the drawing itself. I know a lot of jokes have been made about Tebow's religous beliefs, but I ask that you please refrain from posting those here. Thank you.
                      Great detail on pretty much everything....but there is one problem.
                      You can't really tell it's Tim, by that I mean no facial hair, and his just doesn't look like Tim, the only way you know it's him is because his number, and the fact that you said his name. But overall it's a great piece.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                        I thought this could be a fun poll.

Disregard draft picks, defensive needs, money restraints, etc.

Consider each QB's arm strength, accuracy, mobility, attitude, leadership, and perceived football intelligence.

If you could choose between the two players, who would you rather have as your Bronco quarterback: Tim Tebow or Andrew Luck?
                        That's an easy one in a perfect World with no constraints Luck over Tebow no questions asked. He is simply a better drop back QB & looks the part. Problem is we do have contraints and a horrible defense we need to rebuild from the ground up. So we should look to defense often and early.

Now I don't think we have a shot at Luck even if we get pick #2 but if Luck happens to fall the Broncos will have a tough decision to make.

Thx,
                        Joe
                        To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
                          Luck is probably the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.
                          And Ryan Leaf. Since they were essentially neck and neck as QB propects go. So is he the next Leaf, or the next Manning?

Clearly, being a great QB prospect is not the same as being a great QB.
                          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• Okay... so I have not picked up a pencil since June of 2008.

I just did my first drawing in over 2 years.

Tebow is a hard subject to draw... he is so young.
                            Old people have more charactor... lines and such.

Like I said... I have not done this for a long time...
                            This should be considered a practice piece.
                            I think it is quite basic and plain...
                            just trying to remember how to draw, really.

I plan to take some classes and I know I can get better.

So... without further ado...

My drawing of Tim.
                            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              Great detail on pretty much everything....but there is one problem.
                              You can't really tell it's Tim, by that I mean no facial hair, and his just doesn't look like Tim, the only way you know it's him is because his number, and the fact that you said his name. But overall it's a great piece.
                              Big muscles. Waves of his hair. Overall, it looks a lot like Tim Tebow.

Comment

• How do you guys do the shading? Do you use one of those white shading tools? Or do you just use your finger? I wish I could be better at drawing but it just keeps looking like the Broncos defense. Some signs of talent, but overall, bad.

Btw, both drawings by you guys are very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X