Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we take a few moments to appreciate Gus Johnson's call one more time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great play, but I would have rather seen this team in the playoffs last year.

That way this play would hold more meaning to me.

Comment

Originally posted by big_apple_bronc View Post
      LOL This reminds me of a great quote:

"Irony is a disciplinarian feared only by those who do not know it, but cherished by those who do"

Kierkegaard
      oo...fancy quotes..my point wasnt him saying what he thought, but how he said it with a subtle personal attack.

I need to find a quote about how lame it is to use quotes. Thatd be pretty ironic...

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
        OHHHHH Caught! Stokely down the sideline...

Like classical music truly a beautiful sound.

I'm older now and don't get all crazy when something cool happens but this play made me jump outta my seat screaming wooooohoooooooooo!
        Think he says 'Oh Caught'? I always think he says 'Oh God' like someone just shot him.

Originally posted by TD30* View Post
        oo...fancy quotes..my point wasnt him saying what he thought, but how he said it with a subtle personal attack.

I need to find a quote about how lame it is to use quotes. Thatd be pretty ironic...
        "A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire

"He who trains his tongue to quote the learned sages, will be known far and wide as a smart ass." - Howard Kandel

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them." - Samuel Palmer

It is pretty ironic

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post

"A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire

"He who trains his tongue to quote the learned sages, will be known far and wide as a smart ass." - Howard Kandel

"Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them." - Samuel Palmer

It is pretty ironic
          OH YEAH, it's an irony-off!!! LOL
          Last edited by big_apple_bronc; 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Love the old school Tecmo Bowl version of it too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E09_jVpVitc

Winter is Coming!

Comment

wait Gus is in Madden?

If so I definetly will not be purchasing it (have not had it for like 8 years) I can't freaking stand Gus Johnson and he way over the top horrible sports casting.
              sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by TD30* View Post
                I have mixed feelings about the play

it was amazing, and when I do watch it I end up watching it an extra 10 times..but missing out on the playoffs really put a damper on the play. Like 'oh yea that was great...but it was still kind of pointless in the big picture'.
                not sure what in the hell missing the playoffs has to do with that play....so I guess at the end of the season your thought was....well we missed the playoffs.....I wish that play would have never even happened...lol.....a play to help the broncos win is def. not pointless.......playoffs or not....

I was at the game.....and the silence of the crowd was amazing.....esp. when the bengals had scored to take the lead moments before.....
                My 3 favorite teams:
                1.The Denver Broncos
                2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

That was such a amazing play I remember it perfectly I was so shocked and happy when that happened. The play of the year for us and I love hearing Gus Johnson voice when he gets excited..
                  sigpic

Comment

I used to enjoy Gus on rare occasions....then madden 11 came out... I never thought they'd find someone more annoying than collinsworth to call the game (then again I never thought they'd find someone more annoying than madden and they pulled that off)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                      wait Gus is in Madden?

If so I definetly will not be purchasing it (have not had it for like 8 years) I can't freaking stand Gus Johnson and he way over the top horrible sports casting.
                      yea it's horrible....You'll have a pretty mediocre play and he'll be screaming with excitement.
                      sigpic

Comment

Playoffs or not that play was great and the call by Gus Johnson was just as good. He's so excitable that I always wondered what he looked like so I could put a face to the voice. Thanks to the OP's link that is now possible. Every time I play the new Madden I think of this play.

Comment

That thing still gives me chills everytime I see it. Thats one call(next to Mike Lange calling the Pens Stanley Cup win in 09) I will NEVER forget!
                          sigpic
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                          Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                          US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                            Playoffs or not that play was great and the call by Gus Johnson was just as good. He's so excitable that I always wondered what he looked like so I could put a face to the voice. Thanks to the OP's link that is now possible. Every time I play the new Madden I think of this play.
                            He kinda looks like Lando Calaresian and Apollo Creed haha

Colt Forty Five
                            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                              wait Gus is in Madden?

So wait... you haven't bought Madden in 8 years... but now this is holding you back?

I'm sure EA immediately regrets their decision.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                                I've still got this game on my dvr... should try and figure out how to get it put on my computer here soon lol... One of the greatest calls in the history of the game I believe.

Edit: I still refuse to say this play was 100% luck... I've had people say it bounced off Leon Halls helmet... if this were the case I wouldn't argue it being all luck or not lol.
                                tip drill
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X