Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL network ranked us...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
    I agree with everything said here. We are putting alot of faith in Bey Bey and he can't even get on the field yet. Our defense doesn't look improved and some people may not want to admit it, but we will miss Brandon Marshall.
    I dont agree with this one bit, we have plenty of depth at WR to survive w/out DT. Haven't we done good on scoring drives and big pass plays w/out him so far in pre-season?
    sigpic

    Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
      Yea he did as the 3rd receiver smh
      And? The point is he started..

      And even if he didn't you still have guys like Wes Welker who could barely even make the roster early in his career, and now he's known as one of the best WRs in the game. Now I'm not saying Gaffney will become a top 10 WR by any means, but what I'm saying is that he has the talent to be a legit #1 in this league. And just because he's been on different teams these past few years is hardly enough evidence to prove otherwise..

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
        It sounds about right.

        1) Chargers

        2) Chiefs

        3) Broncos

        4) Raiders

        Raiders could surprise though now that they stopped wasting time on Russel.
        Yah totally, and Tom Brandstater is better than :orton:!!! Oh wait.....
        sigpic

        "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
          Yea he did as the 3rd receiver smh


          Come on man. I guess Eddy Mac sucked too right. He did crap with the giants, I guess by Your reasoning he should never have played and started for denver, right.


          No one is saying Gaffers is going to be eddie mac, marshall or anything else. but I would bet his numbers are not that far off from when we had rod smith here. Both are in about the same role. Hard workers over skill, know the playbook and are smart and catch and block.


          But really this is a back and forth that will go on forever until the broncos prove you otherwise or until they prove us otherwise... Odds are not in your favor though buddy.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
            lol yeah in your mind anyone who has watched the games knows otherwise .
            "Everyone"? Hardly.

            I am not the only one that thinks that Orton may still have his tendency to lock in one guy. Talk about hyperbole.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by owninit View Post
              Did you watch the game or are you looking at the stats....

              A couple of his catches were called back due to penalty. No one can stay on him longer than about 3 seconds, and he finds a spot to be open......

              Hence a great slot guy to find underneith options

              I've never been afraid to speak my opinion....


              a slot guy in this offense takes time to learn where you're supposed to go, and get on the same page with the QB, It doesn't supprise me that he was haveing trougle last year, but has looked good if not great this year. You not only need to have 100% knowledge of where the other recievers are going, so that you can find "your niche" in a defense, but you have to be on the same page with a QB as to where he's expecting you to be.

              He's found great ways to be open, and is blocking down field well, night and day from last year, with his comfort in the offense.
              Plays called back by penalty don't count. I understand what it takes to play the slot. And up to now Eddie has shown no ability to get open. 2 catches in 2 game. Let me break out my calculator and do some math here.... That would be a 16 reception season. I would hardly call that "learning the position nicely". Why the unconditional love for a player with 2 20+ yard receptions in the past 20+ games?
              Blocking down field well... OK now you are just making things up. We have yet to get down field with anything. When we do is is a pass and the wr (gaffney so far) always seems to be tackled right away.... So where is this great down field blocking. Right now eddie has to be the worst starting Wr. Coming off a 35 catch year he needed a big preseason and he just hasn't done that. the worst thing I think for Eddie is that he had such a solid rookie season. That gave people false hope about the player that he really is. The fact is that coming into this league he had to learn the position and now we are really seeing where his game is at
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                Plays called back by penalty don't count. I understand what it takes to play the slot. And up to now Eddie has shown no ability to get open. 2 catches in 2 game. Let me break out my calculator and do some math here.... That would be a 16 reception season. I would hardly call that "learning the position nicely". Why the unconditional love for a player with 2 20+ yard receptions in the past 20+ games?
                Blocking down field well... OK now you are just making things up. We have yet to get down field with anything. When we do is is a pass and the wr (gaffney so far) always seems to be tackled right away.... So where is this great down field blocking. Right now eddie has to be the worst starting Wr. Coming off a 35 catch year he needed a big preseason and he just hasn't done that. the worst thing I think for Eddie is that he had such a solid rookie season. That gave people false hope about the player that he really is. The fact is that coming into this league he had to learn the position and now we are really seeing where his game is at


                Dude you are off your rocker. Like no ones business!!

                2 cathes 2 games -16 catches....I guess Randy moss and his 4 catches for 54 yards is pathetic too. He should be cut right now. Same with roddy white, brandon marshall, wes welker ALL THE GOOD RECEIVERS IN THE NFL!!

                Who is leading the pack. Victor cruz, troy williamsen...YOu start a team with the preseason leaders and chumps and the rest of us intelligent fans will go with quality receivers.

                PS- did you know that the starters have mostly only played 1 to 2 quarters in offenses that are not going all out. Of course you dont, otherwise you would never have posted such a response as the one above.


                But this Gem you left us does not end there. You then go on to say eddie with worst starting WR. I swear you must be a raider fan...You hate knowshon, you think the OL sucks and that eddie royal is the worst WR....Do you like your own parents? Just wondering because I am seeing a trend with you here. So eddie in his first year in a new system has 35 catches, when the coaches admit they failed getting him the ball, against a tough schedule--and yes it was much tougher last year- with a new QB and a new system.....right.... You got it all figured out. How come josh has not called you for a job yet?


                The worst thign for eddie is not that he had a solid 1st season, its that he had a crappy 2nd season and you base your whole world off of it. I mean you have to be objective and you are not even close. Its dumbfounding.....like seriously. How is it that you know what eddie is going to be this year? How is it that you already know he sucks yet he is our STARTING SLOT wr.......

                If Josh and his competition thing, best player will play thing, is starting him why is it that YOU are the only one seeing him as a chump. And why have you not told Josh about your great ability to scout players.


                Since you are so right, he needs to know ASAP about knowshon, eddie and the OL so he can make the changes before the season goes to crap.









                Or maybe, just maybe, you are on your own island, and spell cat with a K, when the rest of us spell it with a C. What do ya think man? I mean, if everyone including the coaches see it differently than you do...................I dunno, think about it.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  Dude you are off your rocker. Like no ones business!!

                  2 cathes 2 games -16 catches....I guess Randy moss and his 4 catches for 54 yards is pathetic too. He should be cut right now. Same with roddy white, brandon marshall, wes welker ALL THE GOOD RECEIVERS IN THE NFL!!

                  Who is leading the pack. Victor cruz, troy williamsen...YOu start a team with the preseason leaders and chumps and the rest of us intelligent fans will go with quality receivers.

                  PS- did you know that the starters have mostly only played 1 to 2 quarters in offenses that are not going all out. Of course you dont, otherwise you would never have posted such a response as the one above.


                  But this Gem you left us does not end there. You then go on to say eddie with worst starting WR. I swear you must be a raider fan...You hate knowshon, you think the OL sucks and that eddie royal is the worst WR....Do you like your own parents? Just wondering because I am seeing a trend with you here. So eddie in his first year in a new system has 35 catches, when the coaches admit they failed getting him the ball, against a tough schedule--and yes it was much tougher last year- with a new QB and a new system.....right.... You got it all figured out. How come josh has not called you for a job yet?


                  The worst thign for eddie is not that he had a solid 1st season, its that he had a crappy 2nd season and you base your whole world off of it. I mean you have to be objective and you are not even close. Its dumbfounding.....like seriously. How is it that you know what eddie is going to be this year? How is it that you already know he sucks yet he is our STARTING SLOT wr.......

                  If Josh and his competition thing, best player will play thing, is starting him why is it that YOU are the only one seeing him as a chump. And why have you not told Josh about your great ability to scout players.


                  Since you are so right, he needs to know ASAP about knowshon, eddie and the OL so he can make the changes before the season goes to crap.








                  Or maybe, just maybe, you are on your own island, and spell cat with a K, when the rest of us spell it with a C. What do ya think man? I mean, if everyone including the coaches see it differently than you do...................I dunno, think about it.
                  The difference between Randy moss, wes welker , Brandon marshall and eddie royal... We don't need to worry about what those guys bring to the table. 1 eddie is playing a new position, and 2 eddie has never really done it in the league. yeah he had a good rookie year but he has flat out sucked since. How is it off my rocker to be disappointed in a guy that has 2 rec over 20 yards in his last 20 games? Where i am from that isn't getting the job done. I understand that he isn't playing a lot. But some of you guys are talking him up like he is playing well. I say he isn't anywhere near playing well. Say whatever you want but the guy isnt getting open. IMO it is cause he cant read D's right now. But as for being the starter... Like I said with Moss... Of course he is the starter. This team has a severe lack of talent at WR that isn't helped by the fact that our 1st round pick hasn't hit the field yet.

                  I will always go back to my original question.... Why is it so hard for some of you to actually say what you think about a player. Cause i just cant buy that i am the only one on these boards that isn't satisfied with Eddies play the last 18months
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    Plays called back by penalty don't count. I understand what it takes to play the slot. And up to now Eddie has shown no ability to get open. 2 catches in 2 game. Let me break out my calculator and do some math here.... That would be a 16 reception season. I would hardly call that "learning the position nicely". Why the unconditional love for a player with 2 20+ yard receptions in the past 20+ games?
                    Blocking down field well... OK now you are just making things up. We have yet to get down field with anything. When we do is is a pass and the wr (gaffney so far) always seems to be tackled right away.... So where is this great down field blocking. Right now eddie has to be the worst starting Wr. Coming off a 35 catch year he needed a big preseason and he just hasn't done that. the worst thing I think for Eddie is that he had such a solid rookie season. That gave people false hope about the player that he really is. The fact is that coming into this league he had to learn the position and now we are really seeing where his game is at

                    Since Harris lined up in the back field, and got the play called back, it means eddie didn't beat coverage, catch the ball, and exemplify what being a slot receiver means....

                    likewise if orton makes a beautiful pass deep to willis (like he did), and that one got called back, it didn't really happen either......

                    maybe both didn't happen on the stat sheet you glanced over, but both happened in real game time action, i saw them with my eyes. It's not like it was PI that called the play back, it was something completely unrelated to where the ball was.

                    Your as nutty as squirrel turds, i'd love for you to come over and watch the DVR of the game, as i'm sure it's the first time you'll watch it....

                    Eddie is constantly blocking down field, crossing routes, etc have happend all over this preseason, and blocks are being made down field, and he was doing it last year too. then again you're the one here who thinks receivers aren't supposed to do that...

                    I GUARENTEE you I'm not the one pulling stuff out of my ass...
                    Last edited by owninit; 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                      The difference between Randy moss, wes welker , Brandon marshall and eddie royal... We don't need to worry about what those guys bring to the table. 1 eddie is playing a new position, and 2 eddie has never really done it in the league. yeah he had a good rookie year but he has flat out sucked since. How is it off my rocker to be disappointed in a guy that has 2 rec over 20 yards in his last 20 games? Where i am from that isn't getting the job done. I understand that he isn't playing a lot. But some of you guys are talking him up like he is playing well. I say he isn't anywhere near playing well. Say whatever you want but the guy isnt getting open. IMO it is cause he cant read D's right now. But as for being the starter... Like I said with Moss... Of course he is the starter. This team has a severe lack of talent at WR that isn't helped by the fact that our 1st round pick hasn't hit the field yet.

                      I will always go back to my original question.... Why is it so hard for some of you to actually say what you think about a player. Cause i just cant buy that i am the only one on these boards that isn't satisfied with Eddies play the last 18months
                      well that different.




                      I do not think anyone, here or anywhere else will argue that eddie last year sucked and was a disappointment. But it is not what I think about him. I think eddie is a great wr and will continue to be a real good one. One bad down year, in a year of total flux does not make me think he is a bad player. I know he can get open and read the Ds. I know he can do this. Last year I was not sure he could even get the ball because of the QB. I think KO has made great strides this year, and so has the coaching staff. meaning eddie will get more looks and more plays with his number being the first read.

                      I gues we should see this sunday against a real solid pitts defense. As the starters typically play into the 3rd or so. If he fares well against their tough D, then I think it would be safe to say that he will fare better against the many weaker teams we face in reg season when the starters are playing a full 4 quarters.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        well that different.




                        I do not think anyone, here or anywhere else will argue that eddie last year sucked and was a disappointment. But it is not what I think about him. I think eddie is a great wr and will continue to be a real good one. One bad down year, in a year of total flux does not make me think he is a bad player. I know he can get open and read the Ds. I know he can do this. Last year I was not sure he could even get the ball because of the QB. I think KO has made great strides this year, and so has the coaching staff. meaning eddie will get more looks and more plays with his number being the first read.

                        I gues we should see this sunday against a real solid pitts defense. As the starters typically play into the 3rd or so. If he fares well against their tough D, then I think it would be safe to say that he will fare better against the many weaker teams we face in reg season when the starters are playing a full 4 quarters.
                        I would love to see him do something against pitt. but in all fairness does that mean anything? No, cause preseason you are playing against a lot of second teamers, and mostly base looks. But it would be really nice to see him break out and do something. It would be nice to see this whole team break out and do something.

                        You do bring up an interesting point about KO. Watching him last season and so far this preseason. i wonder if he just always locks onto one WR. So far Gaff has done a nice job getting open. But last year I remember watching over and over KO feeding BM for 7 yard passes on 3rd and 9 instead of maybe looking the other way. I wonder if this is just the way that he is??
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          I would love to see him do something against pitt. but in all fairness does that mean anything? No, cause preseason you are playing against a lot of second teamers, and mostly base looks. But it would be really nice to see him break out and do something. It would be nice to see this whole team break out and do something.

                          You do bring up an interesting point about KO. Watching him last season and so far this preseason. i wonder if he just always locks onto one WR. So far Gaff has done a nice job getting open. But last year I remember watching over and over KO feeding BM for 7 yard passes on 3rd and 9 instead of maybe looking the other way. I wonder if this is just the way that he is??



                          Yes i know. I hated it too. He would just lock on to marshall and hope he would make a play....And guys were open a lot of the time. Now I cant tell you for sure, but I have been to 3 or 4 camps this year and was at invesco and I DVR all the games and re watch them (although havent been able to yet cuz work) but from what I have seen, he is actually looking around. Tons of things could factor in to it, familiarity with the system, comfort with the WR, no marshall/ locking on to marshall, better OL giving more time, less top 10 defenses----who knows.

                          But so far, as we progress Kyle seems to be holding exactly what many TC reporters and Coach Mcd said..."It is night and day with him". I just find it hard to believe that eddie forgot how to get open all the time, while I do not discredit he had a learning curve and did struggle I also put a lot of the lack of success on KO. This year, I see a different KO and only positives for eddie (and the entire Offense for that matter). But like you said, we are still pre season so all of this is with a grain of salt. But I am pumped nonetheless, esp if we can put together some solid drives against the starting Pitts D!
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X