Best DB's in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DB's in the league

1.Champ Bailey 2. Darelle Revis 3. Ndamni Asomungua 4. Terrance Newman 5. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie. The 4 listed have not
    played long enough or just plain not better than #1 period!
    Last edited by verbmanjr; 08-25-2010, 05:30 AM.

Originally posted by verbmanjr View Post
    1.Champ Bailey 2. Darelle Revis 3. Ndamni Asomungua 4. Terrance Newman 5. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie. The 4 listed have not
    played long enough or just plain not better than #1 period!
    As much as I love champ, I was here when Champ was the greatest - and that was 2005. Putting him above Darelle Revis and Asomungua can't really be justified on last years performance.

But it's a contract year for Champ, and I expect him to step up.

Comment

Champ is still the best.

Revis had one of the greatest seasons ever for a DB last year but was it a fluke? Time will tell.

Asomugha is good but overrated.

Comment

I think Revis is better than Champ now. Asomugha is overrated, Champ is better.

Comment

I'm just glad that the whole Asante` Samuel fad is over. That guy was far to overated for too dang long

Comment

Originally posted by lostknight View Post
            As much as I love champ, I was here when Champ was the greatest - and that was 2005. Putting him above Darelle Revis and Asomungua can't really be justified on last years performance.

But it's a contract year for Champ, and I expect him to step up.
            DBs you cannot judge on 1 year or even 3 years, but their entire careers. Champ is consistent Revis could drop off the planet next season if he gets a pay day. Champ earns his money and has done it his entire NFL career, yet people like Haynesworth get their money and than they peace out killing a career.

Comment

All i know is, there was only one DB to not give up a touchdown last season.. that was Mr. Bailey... can't remember how posted that fact. but someone did earlier this off season..

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                DBs you cannot judge on 1 year or even 3 years, but their entire careers. Champ is consistent Revis could drop off the planet next season if he gets a pay day. Champ earns his money and has done it his entire NFL career, yet people like Haynesworth get their money and than they peace out killing a career.
                Very well said, CP to you. However this does not just concern Defensive Backs. This revolves around any position in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                  Now this is what I'm trying to make people understand. Thanks

Comment

You guys have to remember that Champ is tried and tested, these other guys are virtually new and only have a decent season or two to stand on. 5 years from now the dye will be cast and Champ will be undoubtedly #1 amongst these few
                    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                    Sig by: MHS

Comment

I wonder a little with Revis is how much is he a product of the team he plays for? He played on I think the #1 defense last year and definitely benefited from that fact. The one time I think that we have seen Champ play on a great defense was 2005 and obviously he produced one of the best statistical seasons ever by a DB.

To be honest if I had to give it up to one DB right now to be the best I would say Asomugha. Obviously being a Broncos fan we get to see this guy twice a year and the guy just never seems to make a mistake. If I were him I would get bored during the game because nobody seems to want to even test his abilities.

Revis still has a couple of years of playing before he really takes that crown from either Asomugha or Champ.

As many have said Champ did not give up a touchdown last year but he did give up quite a few catches compared to his norm. That could have been more because of the new defensive scheme and because we played some of the top passing offenses in football last year.

This year looks a little easier and I think we will see a return in numbers of catches thrown his way but I think we might see a few more interceptions this year from him than in past years.

Comment

what about charles woodson he is in this elite five.

aso champ Woodson, revis and ???, im not sure that there is really a number five.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

All I know is, only 1 db didn't allow a td last year.

Comment

1. Champ on left
                            2. Champ on right
                            3. Champ on Welker in the slot
                            4. Champ in 3yrs at safety
                            5. Champ in locker room
                            I think that about sums up my top 5 DB's right now.
                            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by CireZero View Post
                              All i know is, there was only one DB to not give up a touchdown last season.. that was Mr. Bailey... can't remember how posted that fact. but someone did earlier this off season..
                              There were actually several dbs that didnt give up a td last season. Althought he had the most targets (98) without giving up a score.

Comment

Working...
                              X