Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demaryius Thomas re-injures foot... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas re-injures foot... again.

You know looking back on the draft this was the most insane to me I mean look Thomas in theory could be great he is big fast etc ,but had foot problems and did not run many routes. Now Dez on the under hand for all this attitude I dont think he is as bad as people are making him even Mcd said so , So I gotta ask why didnt we pick up dez

cause bay-bay just needs to get routes down and he is a beast, pratically uncoverible.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

those are just the obvious variables at play, and mc'd knew of everything you just mentioned..so there's a reason he picked thomas over bryant.

Neither have been seen playing an nfl game, let alone had time to develop, so its going to be a while before we can say it was the right/wrong pick..for now its just speculation. But I'm going to trust the paid professionals, especially ones who seem to know their stuff like mc'd, about the decision he made

Comment

Originally posted by TD30* View Post
        those are just the obvious variables at play, and mc'd knew of everything you just mentioned..so there's a reason he picked thomas over bryant.

Neither have been seen playing an nfl game, let alone had time to develop, so its going to be a while before we can say it was the right/wrong pick..for now its just speculation. But I'm going to trust the paid professionals, especially ones who seem to know their stuff like mc'd, about the decision he made
        I hope so and I hope this foot thing isnt a career thing you cant make the club if your in the tub. I went and watched a lot of both post draft Bryant reminds me of Rice or Smith catch and he is gone you arent gonna catch him Thomas reminds me of a Marshall or T.O. type

Comment

Does this question really need asked? Dez is another BMarsh, in a bad way. Me first, attitude and baby. He is a football freak, and will be a great WR I'm sure, but he'll probably fall into the T.O. - OchoCinco category and that absolutely does not fit the type of player Coach is looking for. I'll miss BMarsh for his abilities on the field and 100 receptions, but I'll take a WR that catches 75 balls and is a role model player first.
          sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JJGBPD View Post
            Does this question really need asked? Dez is another BMarsh, in a bad way. Me first, attitude and baby. He is a football freak, and will be a great WR I'm sure, but he'll probably fall into the T.O. - OchoCinco category and that absolutely does not fit the type of player Coach is looking for. I'll miss BMarsh for his abilities on the field and 100 receptions, but I'll take a WR that catches 75 balls and is a role model player first.
            How is what he did anything like BM? Some of you guys are way to quick to judge a person. Also dont call someone a role model type player, or hype how great he is going to be on the field 4 months into his NFL career when he has been standing on the sidelines during both games, and for most practices.

Now for Dez. I find this funny that most of the pre-draft hype here was Dez. No one on here ever mentioned DT. Why I ask. I think cause most had never heard of him, let alone seen him play. Personally I am an ACC fan (but not of GT) . So I didnt like him as a college player. But they guy has sme ability. But he is a LONG way from an NFL WR. Dez is far closer to a finished product. Dez is a perfect player for a team like Dallas. He is ready to contribute now. DT is a better fit for a team like ours. Our talent is young. We need a couple years to develop. So does DT. Yeah he might start this season..... But I put that more to our WR corp being so terrible than anything else. But I really look for DT to take at least a year before the light goes on, but I will say by his 3rd year he is going to be a solid starter. Any more than that we will c if he has it in him....

Also... Is there anyone out there that is with me and thinks that the whole "Bey-Bey " nickname is about the stupidest thing they have ever heard?
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

It all comes down to

Denvers coaches and staff wanted Thomas over Bryant. They interviewed both of them, tried both of them out, watched tons of game film on both of them and selected Thomas over Bryant. I think they made the correct choice. What I think doesn't matter, my job isn't on the line like the coaches jobs are. In five years we can look back and see who was the best.
              Go Broncos!:orton::thumb:

Comment

Isn't Dez also on the sidelines?

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                  How is what he did anything like BM? Some of you guys are way to quick to judge a person. Also dont call someone a role model type player, or hype how great he is going to be on the field 4 months into his NFL career when he has been standing on the sidelines during both games, and for most practices.

Now for Dez. I find this funny that most of the pre-draft hype here was Dez. No one on here ever mentioned DT. Why I ask. I think cause most had never heard of him, let alone seen him play. Personally I am an ACC fan (but not of GT) . So I didnt like him as a college player. But they guy has sme ability. But he is a LONG way from an NFL WR. Dez is far closer to a finished product. Dez is a perfect player for a team like Dallas. He is ready to contribute now. DT is a better fit for a team like ours. Our talent is young. We need a couple years to develop. So does DT. Yeah he might start this season..... But I put that more to our WR corp being so terrible than anything else. But I really look for DT to take at least a year before the light goes on, but I will say by his 3rd year he is going to be a solid starter. Any more than that we will c if he has it in him....

Also... Is there anyone out there that is with me and thinks that the whole "Bey-Bey " nickname is about the stupidest thing they have ever heard?
                  I think the only one "judging" anyone, is you judging me. I'm basing what I'm saying from hearing NFL analysts say Dez is a drama queen. I'm basing off hearing coaches stress concern and be worried of drafting him because of "character problems". The Denver coaches thought "Bey Bey" was a better draft pick. "Bey Bey" is predicted and said to have good character, all through college and now. From what I've seen, Dez has done nothing in Dallas but mock tradition by crying that he can't carry people's pads and he's always hurt. I'll trust that Denver coaches know what they are talking about and I'll trust most of what I hear about the two is probably true. They both have great potential and we'll see in a couple years if Coach was right.
                  Last edited by JJGBPD; 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM.
                  sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

Intuition

I guess Mc D knew ahead of time that Dez would have a problem taking veterans shoulder pads and helmets in and did not want to have any friction on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby Brister View Post
                      You know looking back on the draft this was the most insane to me I mean look Thomas in theory could be great he is big fast etc ,but had foot problems and did not run many routes. Now Dez on the under hand for all this attitude I dont think he is as bad as people are making him even Mcd said so , So I gotta ask why didnt we pick up dez
                      I think we have to remember that the interview process was also a big part of the draft. Not only did they interview with regards to trying to see what king of person the player is, also they needed to find out the football IQ. I think this may have played a part in the selection process as well.

In the end it won't be for a couple of years until we find out why it was DT over dez.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
                        I think we have to remember that the interview process was also a big part of the draft. Not only did they interview with regards to trying to see what king of person the player is, also they needed to find out the football IQ. I think this may have played a part in the selection process as well.

In the end it won't be for a couple of years until we find out why it was DT over dez.
                        I also agree that this is a massive part of the selection process, and an area in which we will never really know what happened.

For example, McDaniels talked about the interview processes with the 'top' 4 QBs in the 2010 draft and talked about how one of them really struggled to read an NFL defense on tape whereas Tebow excelled at it in his interview.

McDaniels must see a more potential in Thomas in terms of both his phsical ability and his potential ability to play in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby Brister View Post
                          Given that you already seem to have made up your mind that Dez's issues are not issues and that Thomas's are, I am not sure you will like the answer,but the short answer from someone who has seen Thomas practice and play is that they guy is a absolute beast. Think Marshall's speed, with Tony Schefflers build. When this guy is on top of his game, I don't think there is a single corner who can cover him one on one.

I was at opening day,when he owned Champ coming out the door as a rookie.

Comment

I didnt like the pick of Damaryious Thomas,it didnt make any sense to me but ive learned to live with it.If i had a choice,i would select DT over Dez.Dez dont like running slant routes or going across the middle for the tough yardage plays.Dez is a sideline to sideline pass receiver or a deep threat,his routes has limitations,so i rather have DT.A poster mentioned no one new DT on the boards before he got drafted,you were right i didnt know who DT was and i havent seen him on the field thus far in 2 preseason games.I guess he is a 1st round draft project,that we will never see take the field.

Comment

Everyone thought that Dez was gonna be another Diva WR and he is showing that is the truth. I do not want that.

Before the Draft I had herd about DT but he was suppose to be a late round pick so I did not do much research.

After we picked him I really liked his speed, size and the way he attacks the ball in the air. It sounds like nothing but in the NFL the WR who goes and gets the ball in the air has so much of an advantage over the ones who wait for the ball to come to them.

Yea DT has been sidelined but we know what he can do. If you been watching some of these passes in preseason games you know they have been designed for DT.

When he does come back he is going to have an impact on this team this year.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X