Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demaryius Thomas re-injures foot... again.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigd615 View Post
    Not to put down this comment, but I totally disagree with this philosophy. I don't think you should pass on someone who you think will be really good just because they might be hurt at the time whether or not you have the backup or not. I think if you believe in someone, you should go for it. The draft is a crap-shoot anyway so choosing an unbelievable talent who might be a little more risky makes sense to me.

    What I said might not make much sense (I couldn't figure out how to say it) but I think if you want someone, the fact that you have a "capable" backup should not make any difference in your decision.
    If the person you want is injury prone I think you will definitely need a capable backup as an insurance plan. Obviously if the person you want has never been hurt then you wouldn't be worried about it. Plus that draft had quite a few other good RBs that could have put up good numbers behind that o-line.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Because he was arguably the best WR in the draft and the only other person that was in his category is a bit of a headcase. Plus he backed him up by drafted another WR later in the draft and albeit he had a foot injury too he is back and healthy as of right now. McD was going to draft another WR in that draft regardless, Decker just happened to be too good to pass up at the point in the draft.
      He wasn't the best WR anywhere except in the Bronco War room (That includes these boards). This is getting silly. McD needs to step in here and fix this. He shouldn't be practicing until he is 100%. I get that he is trying to get onto the field. But how long have these setbacks caused him? He just needs to sit his ass down and let it get better. If he misses 8 weeks then so be it. better than him coming back early and hurting himself to the point that he needs further surgery
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JJGBPD View Post
        I think the only one "judging" anyone, is you judging me. I'm basing what I'm saying from hearing NFL analysts say Dez is a drama queen. I'm basing off hearing coaches stress concern and be worried of drafting him because of "character problems". The Denver coaches thought "Bey Bey" was a better draft pick. "Bey Bey" is predicted and said to have good character, all through college and now. From what I've seen, Dez has done nothing in Dallas but mock tradition by crying that he can't carry people's pads and he's always hurt. I'll trust that Denver coaches know what they are talking about and I'll trust most of what I hear about the two is probably true. They both have great potential and we'll see in a couple years if Coach was right.
        dez is always hurt? wait how many practices has DT finished? No one has called Dez a drama queen cept the guys here that are trying to sell themselves that we made the better pick. Look neither have done anything. Both have spent far more days hurt than healthy during camp.... Both have potential... But Dez is just the more NFL ready player. As for what a great person DT is..... Anyone that when asked the question is he was faster than Dez" responded with " I don't know, but I know that I am a better person." That tells me that he really isn't. Anyone that is truly a "good" person would never say that they are a better person than someone
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          He wasn't the best WR anywhere except in the Bronco War room (That includes these boards). This is getting silly. McD needs to step in here and fix this. He shouldn't be practicing until he is 100%. I get that he is trying to get onto the field. But how long have these setbacks caused him? He just needs to sit his ass down and let it get better. If he misses 8 weeks then so be it. better than him coming back early and hurting himself to the point that he needs further surgery
          Most people I talk to tend to agree that he was the best WR in the draft, or at least arguably. He's faster than Bryant, taller, stronger, and a better vertical. Route running is what people like to argue but it can be taught and just because his offense only required him to run 3 routes doesn't mean he can't run more. And he reportedly looked good at running routes in camp

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            Oh come on Jap, I know you sometimes venture into the FA and Draft Forum. There were a bunch of us that were talking about Demaryius Thomas for awhile. In fact alot of us, including myself, wanted us to go Defense with our first pick, and then take DT with our earliest second(only because he broke his foot and we believed that it might have hurt his draft stock enough to fall that far). But then the video emerged he took before combine that showed him work out and he recovered early enough to work out right before draft. I had him being drafted by us in two of my 3 mock drafts(granted just not the final one because I thought he would go mid-late first round, Patriots or Ravens). He is not as unheard of as you make him out to be.
            Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            Seriously??? Nobody was talking about him because nobody knew who he was?? I couldn't get done reading that without laughing. Since you seem to be confused, the reason nobody was talking about DT is because he was predicated to get drafted in a spot were we didn't have a pick, why would anybody talk about a guy who we more than likely wouldn't get?

            The reason everybody was talking about Dez is because he was supposed to be picked right around where our first round pick was, the same thing with McClain, thats why there was so much talk about him as well. Add to the fact that pretty much every mock draft out there had us picking Bryant.

            As the above poster mentioned there was still plenty of talk about us drafting Thomas.
            I agree with both of these. yes there were a lot of people that wanted d and a WR in the second round. There were tons that talked about him as a second round pick. My point is that you cant find anyone that actually thought that DT was a better pick than Dez no matter where you were picking. My point is that now everyone is trying to sell themselves on the pick. That is the only reason that now they have the change of heart cause there is no way it can be his play thus far cause the guy is always hurt
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

            Comment


            • We all have a few loose screws, I wouldn't worry about it.
              Adopter - theMileHighGuy

              Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater


              sigpic

              Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Most people I talk to tend to agree that he was the best WR in the draft, or at least arguably. He's faster than Bryant, taller, stronger, and a better vertical. Route running is what people like to argue but it can be taught and just because his offense only required him to run 3 routes doesn't mean he can't run more. And he reportedly looked good at running routes in camp
                he has straight line speed and bad hands. Dez is a better red zone guy, plays the game faster, and he is a return guy if I am not mistaken. Plus Dez doesn't have half the learning curve that DT has. He also didnt have a pre existing injury


                Who do you talk to? Your friends or Bronco fans on here? Go back a pick a pre draft thread here, or read some columns by "experts". No one on this planet outside of the Denver war room thought that DT was the better pick. Size and speed are great..... But there is more to the position than that. Dez proved on the college level that he can play the position (whether he can or not is another thing), DT never has.... He showed that he can run a 9 route on a run heavy team.... It is a lot easier to catch a team napping when you are always running the ball, not to mention always facing single coverage.

                Dont sell Dez short. he has all the makings right now to step in and produce right away. DT doesnt. He has a lot of work ahead of him. I think that in 2012 he is going to be a solid player, but we are a long way from 2012 right now
                Last edited by japfaff; 08-25-2010, 07:25 PM.
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                  Gaffney, Royal, and Decker are going to have to step up in a big way this year.
                  Maybe Victor Cruz too,if he gets cut by the Giants.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    I agree with both of these. yes there were a lot of people that wanted d and a WR in the second round. There were tons that talked about him as a second round pick. My point is that you cant find anyone that actually thought that DT was a better pick than Dez no matter where you were picking. My point is that now everyone is trying to sell themselves on the pick. That is the only reason that now they have the change of heart cause there is no way it can be his play thus far cause the guy is always hurt

                    I'm pretty sure most people talked about himself as a second round pick because of his speed concerns. A lot of people weren't sure if they should believe that he can run a legitimate 4.3, most though around 4.5-4.6, combine that with his lack of experience at running routes and you basically get Dwayne Jarret. But had people believed he could run a legit 4.3, they classified him as a first round project due to his lack of experience running routes. But route running can be taught so that alone couldn't keep him from making it to the 2nd.

                    I actually thought Benn was the most polished WR in this draft with Decker being closely behind him and then Shipley.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                      he has straight line speed and bad hands. Dez is a better red zone guy, plays the game faster, and he is a return guy if I am not mistaken. Plus Dez doesn't have half the learning curve that DT has. He also didnt have a pre existing injury


                      Who do you talk to? Your friends or Bronco fans on here? Go back a pick a pre draft thread here, or read some columns by "experts". No one on this planet outside of the Denver war room thought that DT was the better pick. Size and speed are great..... But there is more to the position than that. Dez proved on the college level that he can play the position (whether he can or not is another thing), DT never has.... He showed that he can run a 9 route on a run heavy team.... It is a lot easier to catch a team napping when you are always running the ball, not to mention always facing single coverage.

                      Dont sell Dez short. he has all the makings right now to step in and produce right away. DT doesnt. He has a lot of work ahead of him. I think that in 2012 he is going to be a solid player, but we are a long way from 2012 right now
                      I post on other NFL boards so multiple teams' fans. Dez is not a better redzone guy, DT is better at jump balls and he's taller and more physical. Just because GT didn't give him the oppurtunity for jump balls in the endzone doesn't mean Dez is better. And DT has good hands, he has lapses in concentration at times but every young WR does, Dez included. And I know Dez is better suited to produce now, but DT has the higher ceiling and if the reports about him running good routes in camp are true, he could put up just as big of numbers as Bryant does, should he be able to be healthy.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        I'm pretty sure most people talked about himself as a second round pick because of his speed concerns. A lot of people weren't sure if they should believe that he can run a legitimate 4.3, most though around 4.5-4.6, combine that with his lack of experience at running routes and you basically get Dwayne Jarret. But had people believed he could run a legit 4.3, they classified him as a first round project due to his lack of experience running routes. But route running can be taught so that alone couldn't keep him from making it to the 2nd.

                        I actually thought Benn was the most polished WR in this draft with Decker being closely behind him and then Shipley.
                        I still dont believe he ran anything close to a 4.3. I just never will till I see it on the field. But you are right that hurt him. But you are making my point. The hour before the draft everyone thought that he was a late first early second. everyone thought that Dez was the better player. Now everyday another thread is started by someone trying to convince them self that we got the better player. Up to now there has been no evidence that he is
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          I still dont believe he ran anything close to a 4.3. I just never will till I see it on the field. But you are right that hurt him. But you are making my point. The hour before the draft everyone thought that he was a late first early second. everyone thought that Dez was the better player. Now everyday another thread is started by someone trying to convince them self that we got the better player. Up to now there has been no evidence that he is
                          But at the same time, DT has a higher ceiling than Dez has right now. And I do believe that he runs a 4.3. It doesn't look like it because he's a long strider so he looks slower than he actually is. Much like Eric Dickerson was

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            If the person you want is injury prone I think you will definitely need a capable backup as an insurance plan. Obviously if the person you want has never been hurt then you wouldn't be worried about it. Plus that draft had quite a few other good RBs that could have put up good numbers behind that o-line.
                            Injury prone... Probably. But someone like Thomas who was just injured before the draft. I don't see a huge point. I mean he's gonna have some stuff happen for a little while (scar tissue, screws coming out) but he should heal up fine as long as he's given a little time so things should work out fine. Now "injury prone" I could see if they couldn't make it through a season in college without being seriously injured, then I could see being cautious but hey if you believe they could be great, I'd say go for it!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              I post on other NFL boards so multiple teams' fans. Dez is not a better redzone guy, DT is better at jump balls and he's taller and more physical. Just because GT didn't give him the oppurtunity for jump balls in the endzone doesn't mean Dez is better. And DT has good hands, he has lapses in concentration at times but every young WR does, Dez included. And I know Dez is better suited to produce now, but DT has the higher ceiling and if the reports about him running good routes in camp are true, he could put up just as big of numbers as Bryant does, should he be able to be healthy.
                              See I dont think the height matter cause while he is an inch taller.... Dez has 2 inch longer arms (per the combine results). But size is only one factor in the red zone. the other one is the ability to do it. Look at what Dez did in college in the red zone and compare it to DT. DT has no experience. So anyone saying that he is better is nothing more than hopes and dreams.

                              Dez proved a lot about his character when he was no only the first 1st round pick signed... But he signed a full week before everyone else. that shows me that he was concerned about the money he just wanted to get in there and play ball. now I dont hold DT's hold out against him ( I dont fault a guy for wanting the money he feels that he deserves), but Dez going in there and signing shows me alot about what he wants
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                              Comment


                              • Its funny

                                Right now some of us are second guessing the pick. I'm sure by the time DT gets on the field and produces we will have a similar thread saying something like. DT/better than Dez and most posters in it will be like I'm glad we took DT over Dez. Or I didn't want Dez DT was my pick. Lol I'm only laughing cause I know its true just watch...Hopefully we can dig this thread up and weed out the posters that think we should have taken Dez.

                                I was one of us who was so excited I wanted DT over Dez and was so stoked when we took him. Only to be demoralized a few picks later lol. Learned to cope with it though and glad we got the guy on our side.
                                :go:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X