Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demaryius Thomas re-injures foot... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't a big deal. It'll delay him playing as soon as we were hoping, but honestly it's much better than if he seriously reinjured it. He'll probably still be ready by the regular season.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      See I dont think the height matter cause while he is an inch taller.... Dez has 2 inch longer arms (per the combine results). But size is only one factor in the red zone. the other one is the ability to do it. Look at what Dez did in college in the red zone and compare it to DT. DT has no experience. So anyone saying that he is better is nothing more than hopes and dreams.

Dez proved a lot about his character when he was no only the first 1st round pick signed... But he signed a full week before everyone else. that shows me that he was concerned about the money he just wanted to get in there and play ball. now I dont hold DT's hold out against him ( I dont fault a guy for wanting the money he feels that he deserves), but Dez going in there and signing shows me alot about what he wants
      Like you said height really doesn't matter, Steve Smith is a great redzone WR. When it comes down to it, in the redzone the person who wins the jump ball usually is who is more physical and more assertive in getting to the ball. I think that's the most important aspect to coming down with a TD. That's why I think DT is better than Dez.

I don't you can put the blame on DT for the holdout, obviously the agent is going to try and get what he thinks his client deserves. But I think the biggest factor for DT being signed late is that we were working out a contract with another first rounder and we were working on Dumervil/Kuper's contracts at the same time. Those two are proven commodities so of course their contracts are more important than our 2 first round picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        But at the same time, DT has a higher ceiling than Dez has right now. And I do believe that he runs a 4.3. It doesn't look like it because he's a long strider so he looks slower than he actually is. Much like Eric Dickerson was
        I get that......But I am an alum of an ACC school so i have seen DT play a few times..... I have never seen that speed translate on the field. And 4.3 is hard to miss in the ACC. I saw Spiller play and he is barely a 4.3 guy.

But what does ceiling mean? Right now they have the same ceiling. They are both rookies with no catches, no game time and lots of trainer time.....Look at 2003... Charles roger was the #2 pick... A. Boldin was the 353... Who did everyone think had the higher ceiling? Who had the better career..... Both players are a long way from the end... Who is to say who's ceiling is higher
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          I get that......But I am an alum of an ACC school so i have seen DT play a few times..... I have never seen that speed translate on the field. And 4.3 is hard to miss in the ACC. I saw Spiller play and he is barely a 4.3 guy.

But what does ceiling mean? Right now they have the same ceiling. They are both rookies with no catches, no game time and lots of trainer time.....Look at 2003... Charles roger was the #2 pick... A. Boldin was the 353... Who did everyone think had the higher ceiling? Who had the better career..... Both players are a long way from the end... Who is to say who's ceiling is higher
          The stride differences make their respective speeds look different. Danario Alexander ran a 4.3, he has long strides too and doesn't look as fast.

By ceiling, I mean DT has more potential based on his athletic intangibles which is obviously heavily dependent on how fast you think he is. But I also think that DT will focus more on his game than Dez will which will naturally give him an edge in the more technical aspects of the position.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Like you said height really doesn't matter, Steve Smith is a great redzone WR. When it comes down to it, in the redzone the person who wins the jump ball usually is who is more physical and more assertive in getting to the ball. I think that's the most important aspect to coming down with a TD. That's why I think DT is better than Dez.

I don't you can put the blame on DT for the holdout, obviously the agent is going to try and get what he thinks his client deserves. But I think the biggest factor for DT being signed late is that we were working out a contract with another first rounder and we were working on Dumervil/Kuper's contracts at the same time. Those two are proven commodities so of course their contracts are more important than our 2 first round picks.
            Like I said that I dont hold it against him for a second... besides the money thing.... From the state of his foot. He was no where near ready so even if he missed a week he would be where he is now. I just mentioned the contract. Cause that showed me where dez was that he didnt care about the money he just wanted to ball. You know he didnt get that advice from his agent. I am betting that he told the agent to "get it done" and he did. That just shows me where his head is
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• I would be shocked if he wasn't playing September 12th at Jacksonville.
              PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
              sigpic

Comment

• Sometimes I miss the days when I could only read the injury report a few times a week.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  Maybe Victor Cruz too,if he gets cut by the Giants.
                  I keep seeing people mentioning this, and I just think it's really funny.

A) The only reason we are talking about him is because of his monster play

which leads to

B) If he is playing out of his skull, why would the Giants cut him?

and there is always

C) Every other team would want him as well.
                  or
                  D) We would have to cut one of the 7 receivers who know the system and are already trying to fight for 6 spots

Not to knock you or the post, but I think people shouldn't get their hopes up that he will be brought in to the Broncos
                  Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                    Maybe Victor Cruz too,if he gets cut by the Giants.
                    Yea, that's not gonna happen.....pretty sure he did enough in that one game alone to make the team. I venture to say that Cruz is a lock to make the 53 man roster in NY.

Comment

• Originally posted by bighuka View Post
                      Another link in the laughable chain of events that have surrounded Josh McSpankmyself since his arrival in Denver----why would you draft a guy #22 that has just had screws put in his foot????!!!!!!
                      Yeah, that's kinda what a lot of folks were saying. In fact, I'd argue it's even worse: we could have gotten Tebow at 22 but McD wanted both TT and Thomas, so he took DT at 22 then traded three picks to get Tebow. If Tebow was, indeed, the guy McD really wanted, then you could easily argue we spent those three picks to be sure we picked up Thomas as well.

Three picks (or a first rounder) for a guy with screws in his foot that missed the combine. Risky business, that.

I don't mind taking a chance now and then, especially for a guy like Thomas that has a great upside. But it seems like McD makes it a habit. He's raised more eyebrows than a Hollywood plastic surgeon.

If DT ever gets (and stays) healthy, and I hope for the best, he could be awesome. But for now, I'm a bit miffed at how many draft picks we've spent for guys that might make a big impact someday, but meanwhile are sitting (or lying) on the sideline or stepping offsides on a kickoff.

If we were champions last year, you bet: take chances, give guys years to contribute. But when we have so many needs right now....

Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
                      Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

• Thomas is not confirmed to have a screw loose in his foot, so I'm not sure why the title is acting like this is a certainty.

Comment

• man the title is really misleading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                            man the title is really misleading.
                            i agree i thought maybe he had mental problems or something.
                            i dunno ive got two pins and two screws in my finger and there in there for life. so i dont know if it would be a quick fix or not. if i only i was a surgeon
                            sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Since i'm applying for med school soon, lemme have a look at it, DT

FTEW FTEW FTEW FTEW.... FTEW!

there, all better...

Comment

• You talk about Dez signing earlier than everyone because of character. What most people dont realize is that Dallas started training camp earlier than most other teams in the NFL, so obviously they were on a different timetable to have their players signed. He was one of the first to sign because they were one of the first teams to start work. Players can not step onto the field during training camp until they are under contract. Camp stars earlier, contracts have to be done earlier. It had nothing to do with money or character issues.

Dez signed the night hefore he was supposed to report to training camp. So they negotiated as long as they could for the best deal possible without having to miss any days of camp.
                                Last edited by donkoptimist; 08-25-2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X