Champ or Deion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ or Deion?

Two of the all time greats- if you had a choice, who would you rather have?

Both made a receiver almost invisible- Champ can tackle, Deion was afraid of breaking a fingernail. But, Deion could run it back for 6 after any INT and returned Kicks and was GOOD AT IT. I am pretty sure Deion was faster as well, but I am not 100% sure.

Who was the better d-back?
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
    Two of the all time greats- if you had a choice, who would you rather have?

Both made a receiver almost invisible- Champ can tackle, Deion was afraid of breaking a fingernail. But, Deion could run it back for 6 after any INT and returned Kicks and was GOOD AT IT. I am pretty sure Deion was faster as well, but I am not 100% sure.

Who was the better d-back?
    Champ because well.......

He dah Champ!

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
      Champ because well.......

He dah Champ!
      and I almost forgot- Deion has I believe 3 rings....
      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

I almost forgot-

Deion wasn't the Quarterback

Deion wasn't the line protecting the quarterback, nor catching balls from him.

Deion wasn't playing each and every other position in the secondary.

Deion wasn't a pro runningback.

Deion was an extreamily talented corner on a good team.

Champ is an amazing corner on an average team.

Champ is da Champ!

Comment

deion because of special teams play

Comment

Deion was one of the most overrated players. Great in coverage and retuns, liability against the run. He avoided contact like it was the plague.

I would take guys like Champ and Rod Woodson before taking an ego like Sanders.
            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
            Adopted By:
            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
            Broncbeat

Comment

I hated Dion.....

yeah fast, and yeah covered well, but umpires tackled more ball carriers than he did....

Comment

It's not even close. Champ put up the best statistical season for a corner in NFL history.

Comment

It's easy to win Superbowl rings when you basically go to the best team in free agency.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    deion because of special teams play
                    I was kind of going that way- but Champ sticks people in the run game- it is so close, I really don't like Deion and of course Love Champ, so I try not to let that bias me.

I am still seeing Deion as the edge....

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                      It's easy to win Superbowl rings when you basically go to the best team in free agency.
                      I put that out there because people seem to value Rings, even though there are some great players who have not had them. Deion followed the stacked team, that was obvious.

Comment

Champs best season

16 games 85 tackles 17 assists 11 passes defended 10 ints 1 defensive td

Primes best season

12 games 34 tackles 2 assists (passes defended not a stat yet) 6 ints 3 defensive tds

Its not even close folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                          Champs best season

Primes best season

12 games 34 tackles 2 assists (passes defended not a stat yet) 6 ints 3 defensive tds

Do you know Deion's return yards/ potential TD's in that best season?- can't search at work- do you have career stats?

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                            Champs best season

Primes best season

Because he dah Champ!

Comment

Do you know Deion's return yards/ potential TD's in that best season?- can't search at work
                              Champ never was a full time returner nor a WR like Prime. Shanahan never let him take over those duties full time so we are judging as a DB and DB only... its not even close!

Comment

Working...
                              X