No announcement yet.

Champ or Deion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanders was the best of all time at covering WRs and returned many INTs for TDs. Champ is one of the best ever but not as dominating.

Champ tackles. Sanders rarely did.

If I was going on pure coverage ability I would choose Sanders but for an "all around" player I would choose Champ. It all depends what you value the most in a player. Sanders was also a selfish player who never huddled with his team but he got the job done so who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
      Sanders was the best of all time at covering WRs and returned many INTs for TDs. Champ is one of the best ever but not as dominating.

Champ tackles. Sanders rarely did.

If I was going on pure coverage ability I would choose Sanders but for an "all around" player I would choose Champ. It all depends what you value the most in a player. Sanders was also a selfish player who never huddled with his team but he got the job done so who cares.
      Even though I like Champ better as a man and a Bronco, I would take Sanders, more for his game changing ability and return skills. Champ, to his credit, supports the run like Sanders only dreamed he could.
      Last edited by 22cannon; 08-28-2010, 07:37 AM.

Comment

This question seems to come up every year so I'll say what I always say...

In their primes, Deion was probably the best in pure pass coverage but Champ wasn't that far behind. But Champ is WORLDS better than Deion ever was in tackling, run support, and in assisting on other defenders' coverage.

Some people argue that a corneback's job is only to stop the receiver he's covering from catching the ball. Bull. I can't count the number of times Champ has blown up a running play where if he hadn't been there the play would have been huge. Just because you're a cornerback doesn't mean you should get to avoid play football!

Champ is the best all-around cornerback I've ever seen and I'd definitely take him over Deion. (And I've always been a Cowboys fan, too, thanks to family ties.)
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          Deion was hands down the better player. He wasn't good against the run.... But that really doesn't matter, if you need your corners to make the tackle you are hosed on D anyways. What people forget is that teams just wouldn't throw at deion. I remember reading about Deion in 94.... Over the course of the season he had 12 passes thrown his way and 9 were caught and 3 went for TD's...Thing is that he caught 6 of the passes and returned 3 for TD's, and of the other 3 passes they went for like 30 something yards. That is incredible. There has never been, and never will be a cover guy like Deion. Then you factor what he did in the return game.........Not taking anything away from Champ cause he was/is still great..... But no one is deion. No one was faster and no one could really cover the whole half of the field...Not even Champ in his prime
          Darrell Green was faster for 24 years... Dieon never outran Darrell Green not even when Dieon was a young kid coming out and Green was already playing for 10 years...

Aso Completely dominates his side of the field. Champ as well and they both are far more physical that Dieon ever was. Champ or Aso woul dnever have gotten beat up by Andre Rison like Dieon did.
          GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
            Darrell Green was faster for 24 years... Dieon never outran Darrell Green not even when Dieon was a young kid coming out and Green was already playing for 10 years...

Aso Completely dominates his side of the field. Champ as well and they both are far more physical that Dieon ever was. Champ or Aso woul dnever have gotten beat up by Andre Rison like Dieon did.
            In a side by side race in their primes... Deion was faster than Green. The only reason people knew about Green was cause he always won the 'NFL's fastest man"....Which Deion never cared to enter....

You are right Champ never got beaten by Rison.....He was destroyed by Joey porter....To me there is less shame in Rison taking you to task
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
              In a side by side race in their primes... Deion was faster than Green. The only reason people knew about Green was cause he always won the 'NFL's fastest man"....Which Deion never cared to enter....

You are right Champ never got beaten by Rison.....He was destroyed by Joey porter....To me there is less shame in Rison taking you to task
              yeah i remember that game.

champ got destoryed by joey porter a linebacker.

it was a terrible day that day.

i thought it was crazy when the steelers put joey porter at WR, but i guess it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
                Green was fast but Sanders was faster. It's just my perception of their on field speed. There have been faster players, one being James Jett who once beat Carl Lewis in the 100m before the 92 Olympics. Lewis went on to win the gold that year. Jett was also a gold medalist in the 4x400 relay that year.

Comment

Champ no question..

Champ will help with the run

Is great in coverage

and finally just because of the way he presents himself and just the class act guy he is

Comment

Champ.

10char

Comment

Working...
                    X