lets talk about a differnt gator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk about a differnt gator...

great article i thought. what are yours? do you think gaffney can be that no. 1 receiver?

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...ATORSSPECIAL12

Yes, I think he's a freak. I saw him play in person in college on several occasions, and his ability to react to the play and control his body is amazing.

I once saw him jump up in the air, twist backwards, and reach down by his right thigh to catch a touchdown pass.

In my only trip to Vols stadium in Knoxville, I was there for his "phantom catch" to win the game at the last second. It was I could do to get out of there amidst the angry mob -- with a pregnant wife!

I've been wanting for Jabar to break out big time for the last few years, and I felt like following McD to Denver meant that McD saw the same thing. With BMarsh gone, this is his chance to have a great productive year.

Get himself established before D.T. develops, and they could make a great one-two punch. D.T. is big and physical, Gaffney could be more of the slicer and dicer.

Comment

Nice article

Have no problem with Gaffney as a number 1.

The thing about our offense in 2010 is I see it as being like the Pats offenses when they were winning super bowls. We will have no "no 1 WR". We will have a bunch of guys who any given sunday can be the guy who leads the team in receptions.

There will be weeks when KO throws 4 TD passes to 4 different receivers.

If the Bronco offense works like it should in 2010 then no one will have the stats of a "no 1 WR" but allot of guys will have allot of receptions, yards and TDs and :orton: will probably have a MVP type year.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

He isn't a number 1 and never has been.........our wide receiver situation has given him the opportunity to be that #1 guy but that doesn't say much about our group of wideouts if he is the #1.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
          He isn't a number 1 and never has been.........our wide receiver situation has given him the opportunity to be that #1 guy but that doesn't say much about our group of wideouts if he is the #1.
          Same could be said of Eddie Mac. He sucked though right?

Comment

Gaffney will be fine and he can get it done. This system is plug and play. Gaffney's far more talented than I think a lot of people realize.

He'll also - unlike Marshall - open holes for others since he can get downfield.

Comment

Gatorgirl lets talk about a differnt gator...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              great article i thought. what are yours? do you think gaffney can be that no. 1 receiver?

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...ATORSSPECIAL12
              Good post Gatorgirl, I really like what I have seen from Gaffney so far this year. I think he may not be a #1 do to our system, but will put up some good numbers and be very productive for us.

Lets hope Jarvis Moss continues to improve this year and plays like he did as a Gator. I just wish Marcus Thomas could show something of the talent he was at Florida. Between them they really chased Troy Smith around against Ohio State in the Championship Game.
              Remember the Drive January 11, 1987
              sigpic
              Bone thrown at me during the Drive
              at Bar in Columbus Ohio

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...ittee-49108778

''We're just all out there and whoever happens to catch the ball that day will catch it. We're one group. We're getting out of that whole No. 1 guy mindset,'' Gaffney said. ''We're a group. We're trying to be the No. 1 receiving group, not No. 1 receiver.''
                Seems to me, they are not competing to be #1 WR.
                :logo:
                :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Gafney is not, nor will he ever be a true No. 1 receiver, but then then the Broncos don't have a true No. 1 anymore, as they traded that guy to Miami.

They will run a WR by committee with Gafney, Royal, and Lloyd as the vets, and Willis, Decker and DeMaryius Thomas will get phased in as the season goes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    Same could be said of Eddie Mac. He sucked though right?
                    Eddie was never a number 1 receiver. He had Rod Smith in front of him and Shannon sharpe was featured as much or more than he was from game to game.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                      http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...ittee-49108778

Seems to me, they are not competing to be #1 WR.
                      thats what i thought also. the writer was trying to stress the #1 issue. the first part of the article even quoted gaffney as saying...

The Associated Press

Published: Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 1:15 p.m.
                      Jabar Gaffney is making a strong case for being the No. 1 receiver for the first time in his career. And yet, it’s a title he doesn’t really want.

Gaffney, a standout at the University of Florida, figures a platoon of wide receivers will share the load of replacing Brandon Marshall and his three 100-catch seasons in Denver this season.
                      i agree that a bunch of guys doing the best at their own thing is a better plan at this time

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                        i agree that a bunch of guys doing the best at their own thing is a better plan at this time
                        They are not exactly doing their own thing Gatorgirl! Besides, I think this is much better for it will bring the receiving corp together as a team more than as individuals. Not to mention, it sets a prime example for every one else on the team!
                        :logo:
                        :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                        Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                        Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                        Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

I really think Jabar CAN be the #1. You can't judge him by his past career. He never has had the chance...now that could be for a reason but I just have a gut feeling that's telling me Gaffney will be the sleeper of the league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                            do you think gaffney can be that no. 1 receiver?
                            No. He's good, not great. He shouldn't be any team's #1.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                              They are not exactly doing their own thing Gatorgirl! Besides, I think this is much better for it will bring the receiving corp together as a team more than as individuals. Not to mention, it sets a prime example for every one else on the team!
                              i dindt mean their OWN thing really, but that each has their unique strengths and using different plays to enhance each one makes the overall core stronger as a whole. and yes it does promote that overall team atmosphere

Comment

Working...
                              X