No announcement yet.

Brian Dawkins is against 18-game season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the old sayin' goes...if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!! And as one poster said, 18 games will ruin stats, and create more injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
      Lol, because that's what every player does all the time? They consider them hobbies? I'd be surprised if more than 5% of NFL players have been arrested for any of those things.
      I believe I read somewhere that the NFL average for felonies is much higher than that of the general public.

Comment

Lots of players don't support an 18 game regular season and neither do i. It's a terrible idea all around.
        sigpic

Comment

playoff and SB teams have 18 or 19 game seasons already, do they suffer more because of it? In 1997 the Broncos played 4 preseason, 20 regular season, and 4 postseason games for a total of 24 games. Did they have more injuries than usual? The Colts have been to the playoffs the past 8 years and so they have had extended season every year. The Patriots have been to 3 SB and many other playoffs the past 10 years and have multiple seasons of 18 games or more. Have either of these teams had unusually high injury rates or injuries in the last 2 games of the playoffs due to fatigue? The Saints and Colts both played 19 regular season games, including the postseason, last year and yet both are at the top of the list to be in the SB again this year. The argument against an 18 game season due to more injuries is BS, teams do it every year and don't come out the less for it..

The biggest argument I can see against it is the limited playing time of rookies and young players during a shortened preseason. This can be fixed by increasing the roster size which would allow teams to keep more players and develop them. They could get playing time in real games to be evaluated and would also create jobs for more players.
          sigpic

Comment

Weapon X has spoken, hear his roar and don’t increase the sixteen game season to eighteen.
            Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

Working...
            X