I LIKE Q's HEART!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
    i agree Q is a great backup but to small to handl the whole, load and Bell is the future weather Q fans think so or not, why whould we draft a HB in the draft that high snd round when we had griffin already????
    if the broncos thought so much of bell to darft him that high, why is griffin starting?\

saying stuff liek that is dumb, who cares where your drafted, you have to outplay the competition to start and bell hasnt done that.

like the other thread, bell has the burst through the hole. WTF is that? he cant go through a hole thast not there and the o-line havent been opening up anything. If bell can burst through a hole that isnt there why did he have such a horrible preseason?
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
      if the broncos thought so much of bell to darft him that high, why is griffin starting?\

saying stuff liek that is dumb, who cares where your drafted, you have to outplay the competition to start and bell hasnt done that.

like the other thread, bell has the burst through the hole. WTF is that? he cant go through a hole thast not there and the o-line havent been opening up anything. If bell can burst through a hole that isnt there why did he have such a horrible preseason?
      I think that you lay to much blame on the O-line. It seems like you dont think the ball carrier could have any fault. Most backs say the main thing they need to have success is vision. Maybe Q doesnt have the vision Portis did. Or maybe I should say developed the vision. There may not be holes where he is going, but the holes may be else where. I am not so sure the holes were any bigger for Portis, he just found cracks in the defence.

I also think not having a lead fullback has something to do with the lack of production. Droughns is not in the mold of Griffith and we need a battering ram to open things up

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
        These MORONs keep making the same stupid statement.

Why did he draft a RB if he had confidence in the current RB?

Simply because on any given play you can lose another RB, and therefore if a quality RB or LB is available we are going to draft them or sign them as a FA.

Why do you carry insurance on your home, or car, the same reason just in case you need it.

Sapp, RD, beard, Johnson, Hearst, MA and several others the list is long and my memory this am is short.

Why did he bring all of these RB on board if he thought that CP, TD, MA, was the answer.

The answer is

[SIZE=5You can never, never, never have enough RB's and LB's.[/SIZE]

I can understand your argument, but there is one item you did not consider JR and that is that Mike S. has never drafted a running back with a high pick. He could have taken another receiver of a defensive lineman with that pick and instead he took a running back. That means that he is planning to use him in a HUGE way if Tatum is good a Mike S. thinks he is.

He would have waited until later rounds like he normally does. Actually the reason he drafted QG was to have a change of pace back because he did not know that Portis was going to be asked to be traded. Sure it is insurance but not the "future".

I think when he drafted QG he knew QG did not fit the mold but was a good player that could be used as a third down back.

Of course that is just my opinion...
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I believe Mike is a great scout of RBs. I think the reason he took Bell so high is because he was the guy Mike wanted and he might not have been there later. just like the year before when Q was the guy Mike wanted but he didn't have to get him as early. TD was a back Mike really liked and he was able to get him really low. I think Mike picks out probably one RB every year that he thinks can be his guy. I think the draft order is irrelevent.
          My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
            I believe Mike is a great scout of RBs. I think the reason he took Bell so high is because he was the guy Mike wanted and he might not have been there later. just like the year before when Q was the guy Mike wanted but he didn't have to get him as early. TD was a back Mike really liked and he was able to get him really low. I think Mike picks out probably one RB every year that he thinks can be his guy. I think the draft order is irrelevent.
            Normally if you have to get a player early in the draft, does not that mean he is a "really good player", or at least you think so?

If Mike is a great scout, then he must have great hopes for Tatum.

He had CP when he drafted QG. He had no "proven running back" when he drafted Tatum except Mike Anderson. Mike was making a tough transition from fullback to tailback at that time.

Look anybody can see QG is not doing the job in the running game. Offensive Line yes is part of the problem, but not all of the problem. Those fumbles really hurt us. We should be 4-0 right now, not 3-1.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
              I can understand your argument, but there is one item you did not consider JR and that is that Mike S. has never drafted a running back with a high pick. He could have taken another receiver of a defensive lineman with that pick and instead he took a running back. That means that he is planning to use him in a HUGE way if Tatum is good a Mike S. thinks he is.

He would have waited until later rounds like he normally does. Actually the reason he drafted QG was to have a change of pace back because he did not know that Portis was going to be asked to be traded. Sure it is insurance but not the "future".

I think when he drafted QG he knew QG did not fit the mold but was a good player that could be used as a third down back.

Of course that is just my opinion...
              Perhaps I missed it but wasn't pooortis a second rounder also?

Now I could be wrong but I think it to be true.

You are also correct he could have picked one of these stellar players. Instead of tater.

T Laboy DE 6-3 253
              J Jones Rb 5-9 217
              B sanders ss 5-8 204
              J Grove C 6-3 300
              J smiley * 6-3 301
              T johnson DT 6-2 282
              D thomas OLB 6-2 241
              K Rateliff CB 5-10 187
              D Edwards DT 6-2 309
              J rogers OT 6-5 305
              M Boulware OLB 6-2 223

Now out of that group just who would have been your pick?

Nothing there that I can't live without except perhaps J Jones that went to DAL. Which would have just the same implications that Q vs tater does.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever

No, the reason he drafted a RB so high was because he didnt like the RB depth of the draft and he knew that unless he took a man now, he wouldnt get a quality back. U cant say that he didnt have faith in Q because he drafted so high, he drafted an rb so high so that he could get a useable RB in a poor draft class
                Last edited by chickennob2; 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM.
                Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Come on, we don't know why Mike does what he does. I'm sure he has his reasons and is much better qualified than all of us. Sure we can sit here and second guess him all day.

The fact is that Q did fumble in the first three games. Q cannot run up the middle as he is not powerful enough. Droughns is definitely better in those situations. We need MA back. Until then all we can do is pray that if Q plays, he holds onto the ball!
                  Broncos Girl for Life

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
                    Uhh Thats right!

Even if Tatum gets stuffed for a loss all day long, Im still gonna back him up because hes built to be a starter in this league. Q is not and all you tards need to wake up and realize that already and quit crying when some bashes him!
                    He sux by the way!
                    Idiot.
                    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                      I think that you lay to much blame on the O-line. It seems like you dont think the ball carrier could have any fault. Most backs say the main thing they need to have success is vision. Maybe Q doesnt have the vision Portis did. Or maybe I should say developed the vision. There may not be holes where he is going, but the holes may be else where. I am not so sure the holes were any bigger for Portis, he just found cracks in the defence.

I also think not having a lead fullback has something to do with the lack of production. Droughns is not in the mold of Griffith and we need a battering ram to open things up
                      If anything, Q may have better vision than Portis did. He might not be as explosive thru the hole though. That being said, Portis had larger holes to run thru last year. This is fact, not just being a Q homer. We can watch tape to verify.
                      I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Uhh Thats right!

Even if Tatum gets stuffed for a loss all day long, Im still gonna back him up because hes built to be a starter in this league. Q is not and all you tards need to wake up and realize that already and quit crying when some bashes him!
                        He sux by the way!
                        I bet with a trash mouth like yours your the one doing all the sucking!:p

Comment

Uhh Thats right!

He sux by the way!
                          I bet with a trash mouth like yours your the one doing all the sucking!:p

Comment

Q is going to be fine.. just look at what he did in the 4th quarter of last game.. he tore it up.. almost 60 yards in one quarter.. he would've had well over 100 if we ran him like that all game. He's fine.. and I hope he starts this weekend if his ankle feels better.

Comment

whats all this slam talk on Q for? i mean the guy is good and thats all there is to it. and even if you prefer one of the other backs over him he's still a bronco and he shouldn't be talked about like that by his own fans, come on people.

Comment

Working...
                              X