Broncos signed DT Kevin Vickerson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos signed DT Kevin Vickerson

Broncos signed DT Kevin Vickerson, formerly of the Seahawks.

Vickerson, who was acquired by the Seahawks along with LenDale White in a draft-day trade, was a surprise cut by Seattle after a nice preseason. He'll give the Broncos some solid depth.
    sigpic

I saw him play with the Titans a while back, he's a good player.

Comment

Any word on who got the ax?
      :logo:
      :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
      Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
      Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
      Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Don't know much about him. How did he have a "nice" pre-season if he only saw any time in one game?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
          Any word on who got the ax?
          Josina tweeted Le Kevin Smith.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/23246747536

Comment

Fox 31 Alert: Sources: Broncos release Le Kevin Smith after picking up DT Kevin Vickerson
            TweetDeck • 9/7/10 9:27 AM

Comment

He's a big dude, that's for sure. He's also at the point in his career where many DL start to show something, if anything. He seems to have the right defensive mindset too...

Big Vick, as the Seahawks call him, brings a certain presence with him on the football field. At 6-foot-5, 321 pounds, he’s a mountain of a man. And this is a large fellow with a mean streak when he’s between the lines.

He was in the middle of a training camp scuffle Tuesday with offensive guard Mike Gipson, something that surprised no one who has watched the Seahawks practices and seen the way Vickerson mixes things up in the trenches.

“They want me to be a big, nasty dude in the middle and that’s what I am,” Vickerson said Thursday. "You can’t be nice in there. You’ve got to be a dominating force. You’ve got to have that mindset of coming out dominating every play, every day.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                I wonder will Marcus Thomas officially move to DE, or is Vickerson going to play end?
                sigpic

Comment

We released Le Kevin Smith to sign Kevin Vickerson. That was a decent move, I suppose. We had to improve our DL. By the way, that OT Tony Washington is still a free agent. I believe he is better than Chris Clark and I am surprised no one gave him a chance yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    I wonder will Marcus Thomas officially move to DE, or is Vickerson going to play end?
                    Smith was the #2 RDE so I'm guessing that Vickerson will fill that role/spot. Marcus Thomas is the #2 LDE AND the #3 NT (IIRC) so I don't think this should affect him.
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                      Smith was the #2 RDE so I'm guessing that Vickerson will fill that role/spot. Marcus Thomas is the #2 LDE AND the #3 NT (IIRC) so I don't think this should affect him.
                      Gotcha :thumb:!
                      sigpic

Comment

Trying to further improve the D-Line? Sounds good to me, let's get him out there.:thumb:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          We released Le Kevin Smith to sign Kevin Vickerson. That was a decent move, I suppose. We had to improve our DL. By the way, that OT Tony Washington is still a free agent. I believe he is better than Chris Clark and I am surprised no one gave him a chance yet.
                          Maybe the hole sex with his sister thing has something to do with him not getting a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post
                            Maybe the hole sex with his sister thing has something to do with him not getting a shot...
                            Yes but that was an isolated incident from years ago. It has nothing to do with what he can do for a team today and tomorrow. It's not like he will keep having sex with his sister instead of going to meetings.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo56 View Post
                              Possibly but Stallworth killed someone and he's in the NFL.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X