Predict our record now that we've played that first game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runner View Post
    The sky is falling. Seattle waxed a pretty good 49ers team and Seattle is the least of the teams we face for a month and a half (until Oakland comes to town). If the Broncos lose to Seattle, it's not at all inconceivable we could go winless until late October.

10 wins minimum? Really?
    Who said they were a pretty good team? The pundits? Really? I've been saying that San Francisco was nothing special all off season.

And I maintain that the Broncos were the better team in Jacksonville until the fourth quarter when the heat wore them down so badly.

But we will find out next week.

BTW, Washington didn't look like all that and a bag of chips and they managed to squeeze out a win against Dallas.

Sometimes the big bads aren't either.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I watched Tebow come in for a QB keeper for God knows what reason. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit. Nope, not a happy camper but I'm pleased with our roster and I know they're playing at their best..this first loss has to chalked up to the coaching staff and this loss should be placed squarely on their shoulders.
      sigpic

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
        My prediction's 4-12 assuming we make no change at QB. That's just the last 10 games of last year extended to 16 and rounded up for homerism sake.

If we make a change to Tebow at QB I could see us doing as well as 9-7 with a wildcard berth. But obviously that window closes the longer we wait.
        I have started a response to you three times now and keep having to scrap it because there is no way I can point out the fallacies in your post without it coming out insulting.

My momma always taught me that if I can't say something nice....

Comment

Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
          i would be thrilled if we manage to go 5-11
          if we pull a stunner and sign jake plummer, i don't think 13-3 is unrealistic
          If we had Plummer the past 4 seasons our record over all would be better Jake was a warrior and led the cards of all teams to a playoff win over 90s dynasty dallas

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
            Who said they were a pretty good team? The pundits? Really? I've been saying that San Francisco was nothing special all off season.

And I maintain that the Broncos were the better team in Jacksonville until the fourth quarter when the heat wore them down so badly.

But we will find out next week.

BTW, Washington didn't look like all that and a bag of chips and they managed to squeeze out a win against Dallas.

Sometimes the big bads aren't either.
            This has got to be a troll, because you cant possibly be this delusional.

Clearly all those analysts picking the 49ers to win the NFC West are morons, huh. Oh, and the Skins squeezing a win against a high powered offense by holding them to 7 points... yep, no biggie.

The actual football 'knowledge' that finds its way in to some of these homer posts is hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987Broncos View Post
              I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose.
              Which isn't that unusual with a Shanahan team either. Remember he went essentially 8-8 his last three seasons. We melted in the heat under Shanahan as well, against Jax in 2004 and Miami in 2005 and both years we still made the playoffs.

Your argument fails.

I watched Tebow come in for a QB keeper for God knows what reason.
              McD wanted to see how the Jags tried to adjust to a Wild Horses formation with two QB's on the field. When he saw that they weren't biting, he stopped doing it. It's not unlike Shanahan scripting his first 15 plays so he could line up the offense in different formations and put people in motion to see what the defense did so he knew how to attack them the rest of the game.

I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.
              That same offensive genius that benched the winning QB when he was 7-4 to play a rookie that went 2-3 and lost us a chance at the playoffs?

That same offensive genius that went essentially 8-8 in his last three seasons as the head coach?

And let's remember more than a few people watching Shanny said that he took the credit for a certain Hall of Fame QB. (My personal take is that it was the both of them together that got them to the SB, but people will say what people will say, no matter how stupid it may make them look)

And we haven't even gotten to what that certain offensive genius did to the defense when he was the head coach.

Nope, not a happy camper but I'm pleased with our roster and I know they're playing at their best..this first loss has to chalked up to the coaching staff and this loss should be placed squarely on their shoulders.
              I disagree. There were far too many stupid mistakes out there like stupid penalties that clearly weren't the fault of the coaches but the players themselves. Let's not let our hatred make us think that the coaches are responsible when a player who has been playing well commits back to back facemask penalties.

Did the coaching staff make mistakes? Perhaps. From what I can tell, on that fourth down play, Orton saw the coverage and checked out of the play at the line and went for it in the end zone. That might have been Orton or it might have been McD or even a combination of the two, based upon the game plan.

Comment

A close loss in 1 game isn't cause enough to change predictions IMO. Still 11-5 in my book.
                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

9 more losses and 6 wins, with the first one this week at home.

Comment

Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                    This has got to be a troll, because you cant possibly be this delusional.
                    I was actually gonna ask you the same thing. You mean you aren't?

Clearly all those analysts picking the 49ers to win the NFC West are morons, huh.
                    Where have you been for the past three months? We've been talking about how poor all these "analysts" actually are and how lazy they are in the way they make their decisions.

I will make you a bet right now. I will outdo all but 2-3 of all the analysts you want to look at this year overall in picking the games. I do it every year. I don't get them all, but I sure do beat out all but just a couple.

These guys are lazy clowns.

Oh, and the Skins squeezing a win against a high powered offense by holding them to 7 points... yep, no biggie.
                    When we are talking a head coach that has never coached a 3-4 defense and holding a high powered offense like that to 7 points, partly because of a bad call, yep.

You can also chalk it up to first game jitters and the 'boys just having a bad game. But from what I read of your posts, you don't seem to accept that teams may have a first game jitters and play badly and then get better the rest of the season.

The actual football 'knowledge' that finds its way in to some of these homer posts is hysterical.
                    Exactly what I've been thinking reading your posts. Check out a mirror for the purest example of what you just posted.

Comment

Which isn't that unusual with a Shanahan team either. Remember he went essentially 8-8 his last three seasons. We melted in the heat under Shanahan as well, against Jax in 2004 and Miami in 2005 and both years we still made the playoffs.

Your argument fails.

McD wanted to see how the Jags tried to adjust to a Wild Horses formation with two QB's on the field. When he saw that they weren't biting, he stopped doing it. It's not unlike Shanahan scripting his first 15 plays so he could line up the offense in different formations and put people in motion to see what the defense did so he knew how to attack them the rest of the game.

That same offensive genius that benched the winning QB when he was 7-4 to play a rookie that went 2-3 and lost us a chance at the playoffs?

That same offensive genius that went essentially 8-8 in his last three seasons as the head coach?

And let's remember more than a few people watching Shanny said that he took the credit for a certain Hall of Fame QB. (My personal take is that it was the both of them together that got them to the SB, but people will say what people will say, no matter how stupid it may make them look)

And we haven't even gotten to what that certain offensive genius did to the defense when he was the head coach.

I disagree. There were far too many stupid mistakes out there like stupid penalties that clearly weren't the fault of the coaches but the players themselves. Let's not let our hatred make us think that the coaches are responsible when a player who has been playing well commits back to back facemask penalties.

Did the coaching staff make mistakes? Perhaps. From what I can tell, on that fourth down play, Orton saw the coverage and checked out of the play at the line and went for it in the end zone. That might have been Orton or it might have been McD or even a combination of the two, based upon the game plan.
                      Okay, you got me. But I'm a firm believer that Shanahan allowed our defense to become subpar for any NFL team. That being said, do you mind researching the scores on the 8/8 seasons to see if we had a better redzone offense than we do now? Personally speaking, I think our defense is still just as horrid. Other than a few key players on defense..our run defense looks hopeless.
                      sigpic

I still keep to my 5-11 record. I dont have faith in McDaniels as a coach. Call me a hater or a Shanahan lover..whatever. I watched our team loaded with talent play a weaker opponent and lose. I've seen us replace a proven offensive genius (Shanahan) with a coach that took all the credit for Tom Brady's talent and watched our offense slowly turn into something you'd expect out of Detroit.

Taken from http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=172513&page=4

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        I still stand by 10-6. Knee-jerk reaction would say to lower that number, but it WAS the first game of the year.

It's a long season.
                        It's not really a knee-jerk reaction. It's Jacksonville! We lost to Jacksonville! Jacksonville is seriously lacking in talent, and we couldn't get it done against them.

We'll know more next week, but if we can't beat Jacksonville, who can we beat?

Comment

I had us at 9-7/10-6, it will be tough to get that since our schedule is tough to start, but i still stand by that..

The defense was great in the 1st half.. We had a great drive to start the game, Beadles holding, then the sack took us out of FG range, had to punt.. Buck fumble at the 25 yd line hurt us bigtime, there is at least 6 points in the 1st half, possibly could of got a TD in one of those drives..

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                            It's not really a knee-jerk reaction. It's Jacksonville! We lost to Jacksonville! Jacksonville is seriously lacking in talent, and we couldn't get it done against them.

We'll know more next week, but if we can't beat Jacksonville, who can we beat?
                            The Jags are not an "elite" team, but they aren't horrible by any means.. They were 7-5 last year, in playoff contention, then pretty much just fell off and finished 7-9 or 8-8.. They had a lot of 1st/2nd year starters last year and those players are now a year older..

I think we are the better team and will show that this year, but you can't make that many mistakes and expect to win on the road..

Comment

im callin it now 18-1 write it down! lol
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

And I maintain that the Broncos were the better team in Jacksonville until.....blah..blah..blah.
                                So you admit the Broncos weren't the better team. That's all you had to say. Excuses for being the worse team don't matter. This is football. There is better and there is worse. Excuses are for crybabies and people that are willing to accept underachieving as long as they can justify it in their minds.

Comment

Working...
                                X