Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont get high on Reuben just yet...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dont get high on Reuben just yet...

    Yes, he had an outstanding performance today, and I am really happy for him and I really hope he can do it again, but dont get your hopes up just yet...Carolinas run D is ranked 29th...Not very good if you ask me...Dont get me wrong, I love Reuben, but we will have to wait and see if he can do the same, or atleast get 100 yards rushing against a good run D..I remember we were all high on Q after the Chiefs game, and he hasnt done anything for us since..

    My dad and I were at a sports bar today, and started a chant with some other Bronco fans..Whenever Reuben is running the ball we yell "REUBEN REUBEN REUBEN" And we yell it until he gets tackled..

    GO REUBEN!

  • #2
    yep...all depends on the system... you can't be like oh yeah one game against the 29th D the O-line was opening holes so it couldn't of been the O-line, it was Q... lol, you've gotta be kidding me, it still all depends on the line and Jake Plummer...

    did anyone notice we had problem with your passing game today? Our WR's weren't as open when Q was starting, the Lb's were actually covering the TE's and the safties were able to double cover our WR's yet we had a good running game? something to think about...funny how an "offense" isnt running along or passing alone, its both, and funny how it corelates...
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Dont get high on Reuben just yet...

      Originally posted by dandaman23
      Yes, he had an outstanding performance today, and I am really happy for him and I really hope he can do it again, but dont get your hopes up just yet...Carolinas run D is ranked 29th...Not very good if you ask me...Dont get me wrong, I love Reuben, but we will have to wait and see if he can do the same, or atleast get 100 yards rushing against a good run D..I remember we were all high on Q after the Chiefs game, and he hasnt done anything for us since..

      My dad and I were at a sports bar today, and started a chant with some other Bronco fans..Whenever Reuben is running the ball we yell "REUBEN REUBEN REUBEN" And we yell it until he gets tackled..

      GO REUBEN!
      Personally I think the rankings for the Panthers run D is a bit of a fluke so far this year, they have all the talent. But things have not gone right for them. I like Droughns alot, especially on that 31 yard rumble with 2 guys on his back, finally, a power runner.

      Comment


      • #4
        Like I told you before man, after a game like that. It's hard not to get your hopes up! But this guy has the Jamal Lewis/Mike Anderson/Corey Dillion/ You get the point, type running style. Find the hole, run over one guy, and use your burst to get 10-20 extra yards.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Carolina has played the #1 ranked rushing offense (Atlanta), the #2 ranked rushing offense (KC, ouch that hurts) and the #13 ranked rushing offense (Green Bay-Ahman Green). it's not like they have played against crappy running teams. Thier front 4 is as good as anyones so don't underestimate the Broncos ability to run for 210 yards.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slickrox
            Carolina has played the #1 ranked rushing offense (Atlanta), the #2 ranked rushing offense (KC, ouch that hurts) and the #13 ranked rushing offense (Green Bay-Ahman Green). it's not like they have played against crappy running teams. Thier front 4 is as good as anyones so don't underestimate the Broncos ability to run for 210 yards.
            ...and now the ~#10 ranked rushing offense of the Broncos. (We're only 12 rushing yards per game out of 3rd best in the league). They have yet to face a slouch running offense - that's for sure.
            Winter is Coming!

            Comment


            • #7
              Dream on folks, Rd is a good RB but not a great one. He has proved that in the past, up till today I think I saw a stat saying he had like 127 yards total rushing and 50 attempts, a whooping 2.5 YPC since he was in the league.

              He had a great day against a not so great Defense we have all seen this type of stuff. A back that gets hot and a game that gets out of control.

              I'm not saying the guy may not be the second coming of TD, but I think not. More likely he had his 15 minutes of fame today.


              I did see a lot more HOLES in the line today than I have over the past few weeks. The receivers seem to not be as open today as usual. What does that mean? Pehaps is instead of stuffing the line with 8-9 in the box they used those folks to cover WR's and TE's. Did we have a TE with a reception? I can't say I remember one will have to rewatch the game on tape, to get a real feel on what really happened today.

              Today they gave up the run vs giving up the pass. Pick your poison!



              Comment


              • #8
                hey

                Remember in the beginning... Shanny said RBBC unless a "Stud Buffalo emerges" So here we are, we got us a RBBC situation going on. It is interesting, though, that last week, the Broncs worked out many free agents, as a matter of course, to be prepared, but not a one of them was a RB! Some linemen, some QB's (really!) and 5 WR's!
                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Q homers say .......blah blah blah...truth is......running game got denver the win this week.......with no fumbles.....GO DROUGHNS!!!!!!!!!
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles



                  Thanks SNK16

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Almost everyone had a running back homer pick, I don't think there is a clear answer yet who should be the starter. But Droughns should be given a chance to face the Raiders, if he struggles odds are we will be no less off than if Q or someone else started.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      Dream on folks, Rd is a good RB but not a great one. He has proved that in the past, up till today I think I saw a stat saying he had like 127 yards total rushing and 50 attempts, a whooping 2.5 YPC since he was in the league.

                      He had a great day against a not so great Defense we have all seen this type of stuff. A back that gets hot and a game that gets out of control.

                      I'm not saying the guy may not be the second coming of TD, but I think not. More likely he had his 15 minutes of fame today.


                      I did see a lot more HOLES in the line today than I have over the past few weeks. The receivers seem to not be as open today as usual. What does that mean? Pehaps is instead of stuffing the line with 8-9 in the box they used those folks to cover WR's and TE's. Did we have a TE with a reception? I can't say I remember one will have to rewatch the game on tape, to get a real feel on what really happened today.

                      Today they gave up the run vs giving up the pass. Pick your poison!



                      Well Droughns has been playing FB since he got to denver so we really don't know what we have in droughn's. He's a RB converted toa FB he's undersized to be a FB from what I hear so give the guy some more reps and watch him rumble.
                      sigpic
                      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It won't but he did have a performance today, no matter who he faced and did dish out punishment.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Droughns OWNZ!

                          Okay so I am sick of everyone saying that stuff, Droughns had those type of runs last week too! I am sorry but the Q hating is officially done, he got his start, and he is good but until he learns to hold onto the ball, Ruben has waited for this and said in every interview he would love to start, this is his chance, I think Mike Anderson/Droughns is the perfect combo one-two punch we need. Let Q develop and then he can run....sorry y'all the vote is in and Droughns is the MAN....let's do it next week!!!

                          PS. Watching the Skins game too and I am sorry to see CP not have a great year, I hate seeing good players go somewhere and not perform, it is awesome when it is the other way around....it saddens me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vicious2500
                            Well Droughns has been playing FB since he got to denver so we really don't know what we have in droughn's. He's a RB converted toa FB he's undersized to be a FB from what I hear so give the guy some more reps and watch him rumble.
                            You don't think that MIkey doesn't know what kind of RB Droughns is?

                            He was kept around last year because of his versility not his prowness carrying the ball.

                            Mikey made him a promise to try him at RB, but gave the starting job to Q. Only used him when Q was out, now he did have a great day against what appears to be a really lousy D against the run.

                            Will he become the Stud Buffalo or the sub buffalo? Time will tell.

                            But, I would think that given all the above information, one would logially think that until such time as Q proves he can't do the job Q is the starter, with RD or Johnson at FB.

                            I figure that even though my faith in Mikey as a GM in the DAFTING is tested, he is a fair judge of talent of his exisiting players and will ulitmately play the guys that will get the job done. Regardless of what a bunch of arm chair monday morning QB's think.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Droughns got the job done yesterday, Griffin has not

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X