Turnovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnovers

Ok I know it's early but so far we're -4 in the turnover battle. I'm not worried yet but coming up minus in turnovers isn't going to win a Title

So, the offense needs to quit fumbling and passing the ball to the opposition.

The takeaways will take care of themselves. There really haven't been that many passes that our DBs/LBs have had a shot at compared to last year. Fumbles either for that matter. Last year the DBs/LBs just dropped the ball a lot.

Comment

Re: Turnovers

Originally posted by Pryce4Prez
      Ok I know it's early but so far we're -4 in the turnover battle. I'm not worried yet but coming up minus in turnovers isn't going to win a Title
      No worries the - was from Q and It seems he will not play anymore.......well we can hope
      Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

I still have tons of faith, when Ellis Johnson hits full stride and when Trevor comes back .... man i'm excited

Comment

Our defense is fine. The turnovers will come. Lets not try to fix something tht isn't broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
            Our defense is fine. The turnovers will come. Lets not try to fix something tht isn't broken.
            It's been fixed Q is not in the starting lineup..........
            Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

They'll be alright.
              D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

This is the same issue as last year. I don't know why it sounds like some of you are thinking that turnovers happen purely by luck and they will "take care of themselves". You have to make turnovers, and that usually starts with a good pass rush and aggressive tackling. We're getting beat on the D-Line and even though we have very atheletic LBs and DBs, that usually is not a recipe for forcing lots of turnovers.

Also, because the line is lacking, our safeties and DBs bite on run fakes hurting our downfield coverage. Even when we pass blitz it's usually picked up, which usually spells disaster. Everything feeds off of the DL.

Also, turnovers are killers in close games. That's what cost us in Jacksonville and nearly cost us at home vs. Carolina. That's why we can dominate statistically and still seemingly be in a close game. And those are teams with no solid offense. You can't win on the road against a better team if you lose the turnover battle.
                Last edited by Lomax; 10-11-2004, 12:19 AM.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax
                  This is the same issue as last year. I don't know why it sounds like some of you are thinking that turnovers happen purely by luck and they will "take care of themselves". You have to make turnovers, and that usually starts with a good pass rush and aggressive tackling. We're getting beat on the D-Line and even though we have very atheletic LBs and DBs, that usually is not a recipe for forcing lots of turnovers.

Also, because the line is lacking, our safeties and DBs bite on run fakes hurting our downfield coverage. Even when we pass blitz it's usually picked up, which usually spells disaster. Everything feeds off of the DL.
                  In that case you should feel great. We are winning game without one of the best D-linemen in the game. Pryce will eventually be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                    It's been fixed Q is not in the starting lineup..........
                    Dude! You REALLY need to drop this.
                    Its PAST old.
                    Move along. I know you can bring more to the table than Q this, Q that. You're becoming MORE of a nuisance than the Q homers.
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pryce4Prez
                      I still have tons of faith, when Ellis Johnson hits full stride and when Trevor comes back .... man i'm excited

When is Pryce due back?
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
                        Why that durn lil rascal was screwing everything up!

I couldn't help it!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I know, I wish we had more. But were winning! Thats the main thing...

Comment

Originally posted by WildHorse
                            So, the offense needs to quit fumbling and passing the ball to the opposition.

The takeaways will take care of themselves. There really haven't been that many passes that our DBs/LBs have had a shot at compared to last year. Fumbles either for that matter. Last year the DBs/LBs just dropped the ball a lot.
                            It would be nice if the D would start taking care of that end of it asap.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

they will soon enough. When you make a team go 3 and out all the time, you only have three plays to get a turnover that drive

Comment

Working...
                              X