Official NO MORE MARONEY Club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official NO MORE MARONEY Club!

I'm usually the type who sticks with guys too long, hanging on their potential and giving them chance after chance to pan out. But I feel like I've seen enough out of Laurence Maroney over the past two weeks to be justified in saying that there is absolutely NO reason for him to be in our backfield anymore, EVER.

It was a bad trade for us because this guy has no football skills. I realize the O-Line wasn't great today, but Maroney made everything look worse with his massive amount of suckitude. He's indecisive, can't break tackles, and isn't good at securing the ball. He can't catch and isn't a good blocker. In short, he isn't good at any of the things that an NFL running back is expected to do.

Enough. Until Moreno comes back, Buckhalter should absolutely be getting the lion's share of snaps at HB for us. Andre Brown should be the #2, and if we need to pull Ball from the practice squad for depth, so be it. I don't see any possible way these guys could be any worse than Maroney. So I'm starting the official NO MORE MARONEY club to protest the fact that this guy continues to get carries for us. Who's in?
    Last edited by MileHighInNY; 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM.

Count me in.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm game! He is actually making our bad run game even worse! Idk why McD had him in in situations that clearly called for Buck. i really wish White hadn't been lost for the season. I think playing for his childhood home team would've made him something special this year
      #swapping

Comment

Trade him to St louis for a 5th round pick

Comment

You would probably feel the same way if it was TD in our backfield trying to find some holes, knowing that there aren't any...

Comment

Don't pounce on Maroney just yet, our Line is awful too. More than one to blame here. He also had a 15 yd run negated by a stupid penalty
            sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
            Sig by: MHS

Comment

i agree with everything said

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                Don't pounce on Maroney just yet, our Line is awful too. More than one to blame here. He also had a 15 yd run negated by a stupid penalty
                It's not even about the final stat line, it's about watching this guy and seeing that he is obviously just a terrible player. I admit that the blocking has been bad, but Buckhalter looked a ton better than Maroney behind the same line. Name me one thing Maroney does well as a running back and I'll credit your argument. He has lackluster speed, doesn't break tackles or power through defenders, drops passes, can't pass block, and does not do a good job of securing the ball. None of that has anything to do with bad blocking by the O-line. There MUST be a better option.

Comment

I've had maroney in my fantasy teams the past couple of weeks and yeah... it's really hurting me.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                    It's not even about the final stat line, it's about watching this guy and seeing that he is obviously just a terrible player. I admit that the blocking has been bad, but Buckhalter looked a ton better than Maroney behind the same line. Name me one thing Maroney does well as a running back and I'll credit your argument. He has lackluster speed, doesn't break tackles or power through defenders, drops passes, can't pass block, and does not do a good job of securing the ball. None of that has anything to do with bad blocking by the O-line. There MUST be a better option.
                    For all the complains you listed on Maroney can also be attributed to Buckhalter. The only thing Buck does better than Maroney is Buck runs where the hole is supposed to be regardless of whether or not it's there. Maroney tries to be patient and wait for a hole to open. As of right now Buck's style fits us better because no holes are ever opening. But if we had a good o-line that could open holes Maroney would be the better option.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                      I'm usually the type who sticks with guys too long, hanging on their potential and giving them chance after chance to pan out. But I feel like I've seen enough out of Laurence Maroney over the past two weeks to be justified in saying that there is absolutely NO reason for him to be in our backfield anymore, EVER.

It was a bad trade for us because this guy has no football skills. I realize the O-Line wasn't great today, but Maroney made everything look worse with his massive amount of suckitude. He's indecisive, can't break tackles, and isn't good at securing the ball. He can't catch and isn't a good blocker. In short, he isn't good at any of the things that an NFL running back is expected to do.

Enough. Until Moreno comes back, Buckhalter should absolutely be getting the lion's share of snaps at HB for us. Andre Brown should be the #2, and if we need to pull Ball from the practice squad for depth, so be it. I don't see any possible way these guys could be any worse than Maroney. So I'm starting the official NO MORE MARONEY club to protest the fact that this guy continues to get carries for us. Who's in?
                      Its really hard to call- Our problems is a O-line issue in opinion. I am not saying Maroney is great, but our O-line is just shook right now. I am hoping as injuries heal and these play together a few games they wil get better.

I am REAL happ with 2-2 right now. This a tough 6 games stretch and we are doing well. San Diego had cupackes and are struggling.
                      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

I think our line is a huge part of it as well. Maroney hasn't impressed ANYONE to date, but two games is too early to give up on him, IMO.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

How about this.....Instead of trying to plug and play RB's we actually find a line that can block for them. I don't care if you put Adrien Peterson behind this line he WOULD NOT be sucessful and even if he had some sucess he'd be injured from the stress of being hit behind the line on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING PLAY!

It's not the RB that's the issue it's that our offensive line is offensive...
                          sigpic

Comment

Jesus.. No RB and I mean NO RB could do much better than any of our's are doing now. Buck, Maroney, Knowshon, are all trying their best, but it's not enough, these guys just can't block. There's a reason why none of our RBs can do better than a 3-4 YPC.

Give CJ this same line last season, and he would've only gotten 120 yards rushing, defintley not 2K.
                            Last edited by Amari24; 10-03-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I am in

Never liked the guy in NE, really don't like him now. He is soft, unsure of himself, and has terrible hands.

I hope Moreno is better for next week.

Nice win though. we really toughed it out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X