Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watts not impacting the way I thought he would, but Lelie....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watts not impacting the way I thought he would, but Lelie....

is tearing it up out there. He always seems to make the big play for us now and he seems to get separation from his defender on a regular basis. His body control also seems to have improved since last season as evidenced by todays sensational grab. I'm starting to beleive.

Howzabout combining these three new Lelie threads??

Comment

If it hadn't been for Watts' acrobatic fingertip catch in the 4th, we may not be sitting where we are. Remember, he's STILL a rook, and the 3rd wr.
      And speaking of rooks, I'm wondering if shanny shouldn't have switched cb to colbert.......he was killing walls and herndon.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        If it hadn't been for Watts' acrobatic fingertip catch in the 4th, we may not be sitting where we are. Remember, he's STILL a rook, and the 3rd wr.
        And speaking of rooks, I'm wondering if shanny shouldn't have switched cb to colbert.......he was killing walls and herndon.
        I was wondering why Bailey wasn't put on the faster Colbert. Muhsin is tall but slower and he seemed like a great matchup for Walls.

Comment

darius watts is a better wide reciever than me so i cant talk

Comment

Lelie has been impressive. I want to see a few more possession and medium-yardage grabs, but his ability to catch the long ball has seemingly improved. I don't think Watts was expected to come in and make a huge impact. He has made clutch plays, but I think he's just unseasoned and not physically dominant enough to come into the league and dominate opposing CBs.
            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax
              Lelie has been impressive. I want to see a few more possession and medium-yardage grabs, but his ability to catch the long ball has seemingly improved. I don't think Watts was expected to come in and make a huge impact. He has made clutch plays, but I think he's just unseasoned and not physically dominant enough to come into the league and dominate opposing CBs.
              He got the winning TD of the game, but only had 2 catches.

Comment

man....jake should toss up a few more bombs to lelie. he can grab any ball in the air...

Made by Snk16

Comment

Actually Watts is progressing just as you would if you are a "rookie" receiver. He has made a big impact in games if you look where he caught the ball. He is a great third down threat.

Lelie has done a good job this year and I for one will give him his due. I wanted to start Watts at the start, but I will concede that Ashley had done everything needed as a starter and has made some exceptional plays.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Damn Muhammed got totally shut down by Champ. It was Colbert who killed Walls on that TD grab....

Watts had a few nice plays, but he made an awesome grab on 3rd down which got us a first down deep in our own territory.

Lelie has really impressed me so far, but I think we need to use him more, he has had atleast 1 game changing play in each game so far. I think he might be able to produce 2 or 3 on a consistent basis, we just need to throw him the deep ball more often.

This was a great all around team effort.
                    The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Lelie is a big play WR who can make some spectacular grabs on the long ball. I think part of the reason he doesn't get as many catches as Rod is because Plummer isn't necessarily looking to Lelie in those situations, he's looking to Rod and then the RB, imo. And have our TE's caught any passes this year?
                      Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

In the last 2 games Watts has gotten two very crucial 1st downs, one with a reverse and one with a great catch. If thats not impacting a game then im not sure what is, btw both of those were late in the 4th with the ball in our end.

Comment

Have you guys forgotten that clutch grab Watts did on 3rd and 6?

It was a great grab...the guy has creepy long arms!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I believe more in watts than in Lelie! Lelies is in his 3rd year and Watts is a Rook... I think that watts in some years will beat out Lelie!

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Originally posted by Helderht_
                              I believe more in watts than in Lelie! Lelies is in his 3rd year and Watts is a Rook... I think that watts in some years will beat out Lelie!
                              Smith couldn't possibly have too many more years in him (even though I would like him to play forever) so Watts won't have to beat out Lelie for the starting spot. Smith will retire eventually and a starting spot will be given to him on a silver platter.

The two will hopefully form a dominate recieving tandum for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X