• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoManiac99 View Post
    I put it in this order:

Montana
    Elway
    Marino

In my opinion, rings rule all other stats.
    Then where is Terry Bradshaw? That is the flaw in that argument right there, and why Montana is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
      Are you implying that in order to be a broncos fan you have to blindly believe that Elway is the greatest QB of all time?
      I won't say blindly. I will say watch some film!

(The "stats" on Barry Sanders do not even come anywhere near close to showing how truely great he really was. The same goes for Elway.)
      Last edited by kevlar441; 10-06-2010, 08:14 AM.
      "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Orton wasn't even mentioned once in the OP.
        I was referring to another thread. Either way, this topic comes up every few months or so on these boards and the arguments are always the same.

I agree with this guys assessment on the debate:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...9290/index.htm
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Orton wasn't even mentioned once in the OP.
          He didn't do it in this thread but started this Thread because he did compare Orton to Elway in a previous thread, so he started this one to further his argument.

Here is the link
          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=174134
          Last edited by nickmeyer; 10-06-2010, 10:21 AM.
          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Are you implying that in order to be a broncos fan you have to blindly believe that Elway is the greatest QB of all time?
            No, but in order to be a Broncos fan you need to EDUCATE yourself as to why John Elway is the greatest QB of all time

Comment

There is a difference about being a stubborn Bronco Fan and a Fan with Reason.
              Mike O.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                No, but in order to be a Broncos fan you need to EDUCATE yourself as to why John Elway is the greatest QB of all time
                Totally agree. As I mentioned above, a little film study would also help. However, it's not so much about being a "True Bronco Fan" as it is knowing what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

I swear some of these kids would debate endlessly that Mike Tyson actually lost some of his earliest fights "because the stats show" he landed less punches. : "I was there - he only needed one!" somehow doesn't stand up as a legit argument with some people.
                Last edited by kevlar441; 10-06-2010, 06:49 PM.
                "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Working...
                X