Keys vs ravens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys vs ravens

Next up Seattle after they just demolished the Niners (maybe that isn't saying much lol)
    Then Indy, as long as Manning is throwing they will be hard to beat.
    After that Tennessee and Baltimore, two very solid D's.
    Finally we play the JETS. Their Offense looked just bad, but Im sure we wont look much better after we play the Ravens.

Its just hard to see this team and say "we are definitely going to win" these games. Heck, thats what I thought about the Jacksonville game, and we lost.

Anyone want to imagine what these boards will be like if we start 0-6?

I really do hope we turn this around, don't get me wrong. Just this season doesn't seem like its going to be a fun one for Broncos fans.
    visit the best website on earth

Critical Table

Originally posted by BulldogRed View Post
    Next up Seattle after they just demolished the Niners (maybe that isn't saying much lol)
    Finally we play the JETS. Their Offense looked just bad, but Im sure we wont look much better after we play the Ravens.

Its just hard to see this team and say "we are definitely going to win" these games. Heck, thats what I thought about the Jacksonville game, and we lost.

I really do hope we turn this around, don't get me wrong. Just this season doesn't seem like its going to be a fun one for Broncos fans.

This is just my opinion
    I like our chances against Seattle, Titans and the Jets
    We get the Seahawks at invesco and they are comming off a blowout win over the 49ers, im sure they are flying high and hearing about how good they are, i think the 49ers have problems at QB and the lack of any game film on the new Seahawks caught the 49ers with their pants down, i think the Broncos will work hard to bounce back from the loss on the road to the Jags.

Titans could be a tough road game much like the Jags game was they have similar Defenses (and teams really if you think about it), i know they took out the Raiders but thats nothing to write home about, i think our offense with Orton will be able to move the ball on their Defense, they should commit to take away the Titans run game and force Vince Young to beat them.

We get the Jets at Home and i know they play a very good agressive Defense and they will be tough, but their QB play doesent scare me at all, commit to stop the run and we have a real good chance to win this one in front of our home crowd.

Colts and Manning beats us as usual, the guy just seems to have our number every year.
    Ravens will be too tough in front of their home crowd, i will be happy if we just get out of that one healthy, we suffered some key injuries in that matchup last year that helped to derail our great start to the season.

so i think we will be 3-3 before we even play a division game.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

The Seahawks are not nearly as good as the score of that game indicated. The 49ers controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in the early going, but a few mistakes and some bad calls by Singletary (going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG and taking the points), and the game started to get away from them. You could tell the crowd noise really affected them as well.

When that game is in SF it will be a much different story.

I also noticed that the Seahawks were going to the right side of the line a lot with bootlegs, runs, etc. in an attempt to hide the weakness of the left side of there line where Polumbus was starting.....yes, I said starting.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

There's going to be some tough games, but the o-line will grow exponentially the next couple of weeks.....

3 new guys started and allowed one run for negative yardage, and 3 sacks.....

5 of the last six games last year the line allowed 3 sacks, and in 3 of those games the stuffed percentage was over 30%, and those were veterans.....

Bottom line is that our o-line played better at jacksonville than it did at the end of last year, and with 3 new starters improvement is a given as they learn under fire.

On defense there are some physical specimins that will continue to improve...

I agree with AW4M about the slew-hawks - the final score looked bad, but the game played on the field was much closer. It was a huge emotional game for Seattle beaing at home, and the first game of the Pete era. Look for an emotional let down game on the road, and Denver will be mad, and play well.

Seattle's lines on both sides of the ball looked suspect.

one game at a time, and let's see what improves, or takes place week tow before worrying about Tenn & baltimore. Both looked REAL tough, but we don't know if the Raiders offense is that bad, or tennesee's defense is that good, and we don't know if Baltimore's secondary is stepping up, or Sanchez is really that bad....

Comment

If The Jets rush Orton like they did Flacco last night - which they probably will - we are going to have some major problems on offense. That being said, I think we can do the same to Sanchez, he looked horrible last night. I'm just glad that game is at home.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Not as tough as some might think. The seahawks won't play like that every week, and the 49ers are terrible. the Jets and Ravens offenses are as anemic as ever. the titans are solid but their D isn't as good as it used to be and beyond chris johnson their offense is terrible. the colts can still score but their o-line is the worst peyton has ever had and their D is soft. of those 5 games anything worse than a 4-1 record would be a massive disappointment.

Comment

With current personnel, I think the Broncos are a dog in every single game until we hit the Raiders in week 7. That's not to say we might not win 1 or 2 in that stretch - there's a lot of randomness in football - but I don't see any way we could be favored.

My guess is we'll be out of contention by the bye.

Comment

Seahawks and Jets wont be nearly as difficult a win as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
                  Seahawks and Jets wont be nearly as difficult a win as you think.
                  We don't have Baltimore's run D - the jets are going to brutalize us.

Seahawks will be easier, but I would still say we lose about 65% of the time.

Comment

my favorite thing about football is no matter how much we think we can predict the outcome, the games often end far from what was expected. ex: [email protected], [email protected]

2010 Adopted Bronco Jason Hunter
                    Official Member of the Loyalty Initiative

Comment

Denvers two minute offense is 3x as good as the Jets Offense. The Jets only got 6-7 touchdowns almost all game. Denver is not THAT bad. I really don't think the Jets are half as good as everyone claims they are. Personally I think Baltimore should have stomped them to pieces. I have no fear of the Jets

Comment

Interesting analysis. Last year the offense got lucky and won some close low scoring games, but that was due to Marshall terrorizing opposing secondary's. Marshall's performance may have been responsible for at least 3 wins last year.

So maybe even last year Denver was a 5 win team. Well Marshall is long gone now and the rookie WR drafted to replace Marshall has been plagued by injuries and maynot be as good as Marshall.

Comment

I dont see it as a killer because my expectations for us are pretty even keeled .

First before we start worrying about WHO we play we have to focus on where we are playing them .

We should be trying re establish homefield advantage .

We should focus on winning all of our home games

We should focus on winning all of our division games

It shouldnt matter if its Peyton manning or the Jets who comes up in here
                          "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

I say we see how Denver rebounds this game and how our other future opponents play this week before pyching ourselves out.

Its a long season. Anything can happen.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

I wish we didn't have to face the Colts, I guess it's better to face them early but I hate matching up against them

I think that we'll be alright for a while, the Seahawks aren't that scary IMO, and neither is Tennesse outside of CJ2K. Baltimore is another story, I hope we can beat them to get revenge for last season but I don't know. The Jets don't scare me either, I think the Jets are a product of a lot of media hype, outside of Revis they're an average team. That's my opinion of course, but I don't see what the media sees in the Jets

Comment

Working...
                              X