Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Well I got the yardage wrong but they did run better than the past couple of weeks. If they hadn't had such a bad 1st half it might have been different. Maroney ran 6 times for 27 yards 4.5 avg and Buckhalter ran 5 times for 13 yards 2.6 avg. They would have had even more, such as Royal's end around, if not for the penalties. IMO, they made improvement, they just didn't have many attempts. At least the rough part of the schedule is almost over.

Leave a comment:

• Von Boehm
    replied
    Originally posted by trilogique View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say the refs missed a lot of calls on the Ravens. I didn't see a whole lot. and I'm sure there were some that didn't get called on Denver either so.

it was a fair game in the end. no refs deciding the win or loss, just players. and I respect that regardless of the outcome.
    The Ravens beat the Crap out of us. There is just no other way to put it. the refs had no part in how bad we played. good luck on your season.

Leave a comment:

• DJBirdman
    replied
    I think as far as the refs goes it seemed if they had a big play there was a hold that was missed or a similar play where the call didn't go Denver's way but we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times and the d came out slow then tightened down before they just became to tired and Baltimore ran all over us.

O and not to knock against your post but special teams was closer to being a wash since coverage was good but there was that dreaded fumble

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Just wanted to add a bit more on Lloyd. I think he has exceeded everyone's expectations. The guy had another great game and has an opportunity to break the receiving record this year.

Leave a comment:

• stargazer
    replied
    Ravens definitely isn't scared of this team...

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by trilogique View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say the refs missed a lot of calls on the Ravens. I didn't see a whole lot. and I'm sure there were some that didn't get called on Denver either so.

it was a fair game in the end. no refs deciding the win or loss, just players. and I respect that regardless of the outcome.
    I certainly don't blame the refs for the loss. They missed a lot of calls against Baltimore. But despite that if we had played better and smarter we still could have won.

Leave a comment:

• trilogique
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
    CP when I get refreshed!:thumb:
    Thank you much

Leave a comment:

• BRINGBAKPLUMMER
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    Its all going down like i said, and i still think we will be 3-3 after next weeks game against the Jets, 3-3 before we even play our first division game.
    good thing our division is terrible then

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    This is just my opinion
    I like our chances against Seattle, Titans and the Jets
    We get the Seahawks at invesco and they are comming off a blowout win over the 49ers, im sure they are flying high and hearing about how good they are, i think the 49ers have problems at QB and the lack of any game film on the new Seahawks caught the 49ers with their pants down, i think the Broncos will work hard to bounce back from the loss on the road to the Jags.

Titans could be a tough road game much like the Jags game was they have similar Defenses (and teams really if you think about it), i know they took out the Raiders but thats nothing to write home about, i think our offense with Orton will be able to move the ball on their Defense, they should commit to take away the Titans run game and force Vince Young to beat them.

We get the Jets at Home and i know they play a very good agressive Defense and they will be tough, but their QB play doesent scare me at all, commit to stop the run and we have a real good chance to win this one in front of our home crowd.

Colts and Manning beats us as usual, the guy just seems to have our number every year.
    Ravens will be too tough in front of their home crowd, i will be happy if we just get out of that one healthy, we suffered some key injuries in that matchup last year that helped to derail our great start to the season.

so i think we will be 3-3 before we even play a division game.
    Its all going down like i said, and i still think we will be 3-3 after next weeks game against the Jets, 3-3 before we even play our first division game.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    CP when I get refreshed!:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    The Experience's Week 5 Review

Everyone knows I am as positive of a guy as there is on this board. But I do need to vent on some things.....

QB - Orton was the only one to show up for the entire game IMO. He played well despite the rest of the team. Certainly deserves little to no blame.

RB - You can't really place too much blame on these guys. We need Moreno back. I think the last few weeks showed us how good he really is and how important he is to this team.

WR - Lloyd, Gaffney and Royal played solid games today. Lloyd continues to be a huge find and is having a pro bowl caliber year.

TE - Saw Quinn get in in on some ST. Graham did well. Gronkowski is by far the most useless player on the team. Can't pass, Can't block. Should be cut soon.

OL - Horrible is the word to describe them today. Still can't open holes, getting worse at protection and all of the penalties. It's not like it is a talentless unit. IMO this falls on Clancy Barone's shoulders. Should be fired this week.

DL - Played well early. Wall is quietly having a very good year. Vickerson has been solid but Bannan has been inconsistent. He has a high motor and plays hard, But the fact of the matter is that he is just not a very talented player. IMO our starting DL should be McBean, Wall and Vickerson. And look to draft a DE next year.

LB - DJ is still a beast. Ayers is becoming a very good LB. Hunter generated nice pressure. Haggan was pretty non existent. As a group this unit needs some major work against the run.

DB - Champ locked Boldin down. No surprise here. Cox was abused. He will be a great corner IMO but we really need a healthy Andre Goodman. It is very tough to play opposite Bailey, especially as a rookie. Not everyone can be Darrent Williams (RIP). Nate Jones is another player who should be on the chopping block. Haven't seen him make a play all year. Poor McBath can't stay healthy and I hope Dawk is ok. Both very crucial to our D.

K - Prater is awesome. Wish he would have gotten a shot at that 55yd.

P - Colquitt was inconsistent today. But he gets a pass because he has been good all year.

ST - Much much better today. If you can find a silver lining in todays game it is that the ST looked better.

Coaching - horrible on all counts. McD's play-calling was awful for the most part. Too conservative for being down by 10-14 points. Missed some challenges and bad timeouts. Martindale needs to blitz more. WHen we blitzed more we looked better.

Overview - It was certainly an ugly game. Too many penalties. No run game. Bad defense for the most part. Players getting injured. Refs missed a lot of calls against the Ravens. But, Despite all these things we hung around for the most of the game against a good team that many (myself included) think are SB contenders. I still believe if Our D can get a bit more consistent, and if we can get somewhat of a running game, we ourselves will be contenders. The Jets IMO are the best team in the AFC right now so It doesn't get any easier but Bronco fans keep your head up. I see some good things in this team's not too distant future.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Sometimes I wonder how Harris would fare at LG. Beadles wasn't terrible at RT, it could be a good move

Leave a comment:

• KO8pectate
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Embarrassed for myself..... What the hell is that supposed to mean. Denver went on crying like little girls and it was flat out embarrassing.... This is football, the game is supposed to be play with aggression and violence. Now the league has taken out a lot of the big big hits so now everything is a penalty. But still when a grown man who is a football player is crying cause the other team is being to rough......that is a flat out little girl move
    so you think ripping off a players helmet and punching him is OK

you think actually punching someone in the pile is OK

to you thats football ?

I didnt hear anyone say it was too rough I heard them say that they took cheap shots which is what they were .

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous and then to claim its girlish to talk about itsays more about the type person you are then the players considering they were on the field and took care of business so they can say what they want .

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    I'd rather see Beadles in there but I just want an upgrade over Daniels. Lets see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X