Can we force a turnover, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we force a turnover, please?

I don't mean to be down on the D, they have played great and got us to 4-1. But if we don't start getting picks and fumbles, things could turn around real quick.

Re: Can we force a turnover, please?

Originally posted by SCI03
    I don't mean to be down on the D, they have played great and got us to 4-1. But if we don't start getting picks and fumbles, things could turn around real quick.
    yeah, we were lucky to win against carolina after losing the turnover battle. If we expect to beat superior teams we can't have more turnovers and still expect to win.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
    Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
    Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
    Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

our defense has been good enough that he havent really needed turnovers because our D can stop them. The good thing about turnovers is they shift the momentum, most times when a team gets a turnover, they go right down and score.
      The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

IMHO you should be worried about our O not being able to score more than 3 per red zone attempt.

Comment

The thing that I've seen is that everygame we're losing the field position battle. Thats what turnovers can do for us. Give us better field position either to score or force the opposing team be worse off after we punt. I'm sick of starting from behind the 20 and having to punt and give the other team the ball at their 45 yard line/

Comment

Playmakers vs. Good Players

I've been vocal about the Broncos lack of ability in forcing turnovers the past 2-3 seasons. When we were talking about who Denver should draft I was big on grapping DeAngelo Hall, CB for Va. Tech. He was a playmaker in college. We have good defensive players, no doubt about that, but none of our guys really have a knack for making game-changing, momentum changing plays. I love our guys, but we just don't have any of those type of players.

I brought up Ed Reed 6 months ago as a reference to what type of player we need, a play maker. I said, remember the AZ game last year when he picked off a pass, blocked a punt and returned it for a TD? Well, if you watched the game last night, he was up to his old tricks again.

Certain guys have a knack for the big play. I don't know what it is and I don't think it can be coached. If you watch a lot of college football, you can see it.

Why is it that evertime we sack a QB or blindside him, the QB never seems to fumble? but when LT did it for the Giants, you were surprised if there WASN'T a fumble. Again, I have no idea...dumb luck or is there more to it?

Comment

Seems like making turnovers is something very challenging to this defense. Maybe since we allow so little yardage.....we don't need to turn it over. When you make somebody go 3 and out....I think it's fair to say that's a turnover.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

We Always losing in turnovers battles!!!

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Who cares about turnovers? Were forcing 3 and outs and other teams only average like 1 TD against us. That game shoulda been 27-10 because we shoulda scored at the 1, and then the Panthers wouldn't of gotten that TD and yeah- i'm happy with what we got right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

If we were having more success in the red zone it would also help with our turnovers, theres something about making a team one dimentional that seems to help create turnovers.

Comment

guys, calm down. we're playing Kerry Collins next week. That means... ill go with 3 turnovers next week. If we dont get any, however, then its panic time for real.
                      Last edited by chickennob2; 10-11-2004, 03:51 PM.
                      Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

I don't think our defense will be a big turnover team.....other teams are playing soo conservative against us that the turnover oppurtunities just arent there...I think it's a good thing, once we can find a consistent running game to keep the defense off the field(Droughns hopefully) we will be very tough to beat....

Comment

You are all missing a huge point, no one is throwing to the Champ. Plus i agree that all of our 3 and outs our awesome, plus look how many times our offense(i mean Jake) has put our D in a tough spot and they held the other team to a field goal.
                          BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                          IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

But too many games this season I have said the same thing "If only we had done this or Jake had not done that" The give away take away ratio is a huge predicter and when we start playing better teams we had better win those battles. Otherwise we will fade fast. Now we are 26th in the NFL in turnover margin and San Diego is 8th which explains why they are doing so good.

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                            Who cares about turnovers? Were forcing 3 and outs and other teams only average like 1 TD against us. That game shoulda been 27-10 because we shoulda scored at the 1, and then the Panthers wouldn't of gotten that TD and yeah- i'm happy with what we got right now.
                            Bronco Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X