Broncos are not improving, will finish 2-14 or 4-12 at best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    lol everyone on the front page is on probation or banned lol.
    Wow.... this thread is interesting to say the least.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Agree with your thoughts, we'll have to see how things shake out first

Agree with your thoughts, especially about the complete lack of emphasis on defense. No doubt some of the injuries made a significant negative impact. At some point we've got to stick with a defensive coordinator for more than one season (I think we've had 7 in 8 years?).

Let's see how things shake out with coaching decision, draft and trades. Even if Broncos get to 6-10 and play competitive week in and week out, that would be a move in the right direction.

Of course I would always want the team to do great. I knew I would get crushed for the prediction - it pained me to do it because I love the team so much (been watching them since Morton was throwing Moses, which tells people that I'm older than dirt),

Comment

I don't think we will be worse than this year. This year was the pits.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
          Agree with your thoughts, especially about the complete lack of emphasis on defense. No doubt some of the injuries made a significant negative impact. At some point we've got to stick with a defensive coordinator for more than one season (I think we've had 7 in 8 years?).

Let's see how things shake out with coaching decision, draft and trades. Even if Broncos get to 6-10 and play competitive week in and week out, that would be a move in the right direction.

Of course I would always want the team to do great. I knew I would get crushed for the prediction - it pained me to do it because I love the team so much (been watching them since Morton was throwing Moses, which tells people that I'm older than dirt),
          I thought we'd do 8 and 8..

you sure had this team pegged....
          congrats on accuracy.
          I know as a fan it was not what you wanted to happen...
          just what you saw.
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
            I know, everyone will look to injuries as the excuse for a tough loss. The reality is that Josh McDaniels' inability to effectively prepare a team is at the root cause of the loss.

Despite a lot of well intentioned hope, this is a team destined for 2-14 or 4-14record at best. I previously predicted 2-14 and will at least give the team credit for keeping a game close against a tough opponent.

Bring on the excuses, that's all Denver has at this point.
            If you are correct about being 2-14 then Denver will probably have first crack at Luck! Even if they don't draft Luck, think what they could get out of trading the rights to draft luck to someone!!! Yes, how about one 1-15 season then the playoffs and then the Super Bowl! YES!!!

Comment

5 or 6 wins next year with a possible combo of rookie HC and young QB we wont do much better but I also dont think we will be much worse.

My prediction is we will be in the playoffs in the 3rd year, maybe the 2nd of the new HC.
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

If the Broncos Defense doesn't improve, I agree with the 4-12 record. If the defense stops giving up 28+ points a game, we have a chance to at least go 8-8. The revolving doord of defensive coordinators can't be good for continuity.
                sigpic

Comment

I am going to go with 10-6 because they are going to revamp the D and if they can get it to be at least 16th or better Tebow will win at least 10 games with the O we have now. Here's to the Playoffs in 2012

Comment

this thread is about last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                      Yeah, this looks about right to me. Personally, I think we'll finish 9-7 and be in the thick of the AFC West crown until the last minute.
                      Yeah....so much for my optimism. /sigh

Comment

We go Tampa 2 2-14

If we ignore the line and draft and start a young secondary 3-13

We go 4-3 and fix as many front 7 issues we can go 5-11

We stay 3-4 and add a dominant DT/DE and then add some secondary players 6-10
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-08-2011, 09:45 PM.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Thankfully I didn't post on this thread when it was originally started. If I had? I would have guessed 9-7 or better. There were probably other threads about the same time where I did make those predictions.

Kudos to your accuracy and condolences for our team. Hopefully 2011 will be better than this year. The main thing I want to see, regardless of record, is a better defense. If Tebow and the new head coach have rough rookie years, so be it (still see Tebow as a rookie since it will be his first full year as a starter). The defense has to improve dramatically before we can win many games regardless of who our QB is. Go Broncos

Comment

I am going to wait and see how Denver drafts and

what they do in FA before predicting anything.
                            I do predict a new CBA will be agreed upon and there will be season this year!
                            :thumb:

Comment

Who woulda thought my 7-9 prediction would have been so overly optimistic

Comment

Working...
                              X