Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright, alright. I admit it: it's all run by design.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, alright. I admit it: it's all run by design.

It's the system. There, I said it.

The Shanahan zone blocking scheme and the Denver Bronco running game are the factors that are wholly responsible for the domination of rushing stats over the tenure of Shanny.

Plug any capable back in there and he will have sucess. I believe it now. I mean, not to say any of our guys are average but I think it is very clear that the system works. Train a capable runner to take advantage of the fundamental flaws of the defense that the zone block scheme is designed to exploit and you have a star.

Any back that can make an NFL roster can run for 1000 yards in this system. I truly believe this.

Will the Broncos be the first team to have THREE different players to rush for 150 yards in a game, in three different games, in one season?

Has it ever been done?
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

i think the eagles might have done it last season, maybe not, but in recent memory i cant think of any.
    Blet

Comment

Re: Alright, alright. I admit it: it's all run by design.

It's the system. There, I said it.

The Shanahan zone blocking scheme and the Denver Bronco running game are the factors that are wholly responsible for the domination of rushing stats over the tenure of Shanny.

Plug any capable back in there and he will have sucess. I believe it now. I mean, not to say any of our guys are average but I think it is very clear that the system works. Train a capable runner to take advantage of the fundamental flaws of the defense that the zone block scheme is designed to exploit and you have a star.

Any back that can make an NFL roster can run for 1000 yards in this system. I truly believe this.

Will the Broncos be the first team to have THREE different players to rush for 150 yards in a game, in three different games, in one season?

Has it ever been done?
      I disagree with the notion that you plug anyone into the system. I do agree that the system works for any bronco back.

I believe the system includes drafting players that can be molded into the system. That's why I think we can plug any one in there. Although we didnt draft droughns he played in a zone blocking scheme in college. Plus he has been here long enough for Bobby Turner to work on him.

I think the system is deep. From the GM down to the waterboy. That's why certain backs and linemen dont fit the system. I have always been a believer in the system.

Comment

Hmm. Interesting.

If Tatum were to get some regular carries at some point, I think another 150 yard game is not out of the realm of possibility.

At some point, Q and Reuben and Tatum are going to be used in conjuction. As a three headed RB threat. They all bring something sufficient to the table that can be used to exploit defenses.

When Tatum gets warmed up, it's on.

The three headed RB, baby.
        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

Re: Re: Alright, alright. I admit it: it's all run by design.

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
          I disagree with the notion that you plug anyone into the system. I do agree that the system works for any bronco back.

I believe the system includes drafting players that can be molded into the system. That's why I think we can plug any one in there. Although we didnt draft droughns he played in a zone blocking scheme in college. Plus he has been here long enough for Bobby Turner to work on him.

I think the system is deep. From the GM down to the waterboy. That's why certain backs and linemen dont fit the system. I have always been a believer in the system.
          Good post.

To tell you the truth, I would really like to see Ahmad Galloway in this system. He has the size and he isn't that slow. He looked pretty decent in the preseason.

Is he still on the roster?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Alright, alright. I admit it: it's all run by design.

Good post.

To tell you the truth, I would really like to see Ahmad Galloway in this system. He has the size and he isn't that slow. He looked pretty decent in the preseason.

Is he still on the roster?
            http://www.nfl.com/teams/rosters/DEN

Doesn't look like it. Maybe he's on the practice squad, but I don't know where to look for that.
            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alright, alright. I admit it: it's all run by design.

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos

Doesn't look like it. Maybe he's on the practice squad, but I don't know where to look for that.
              Aww, damn.

I liked the look of an unusually big and nimble Bronco back running the rock.

Hopefully he'll be back, next year.

Comment

Anyone else with some thoughts?

Comment

speaking of unusually big and nimble, how bout' big ole Dwayne Carswell moving the ball sunday? Jesus, I wouldnt wanna try to be tackling him...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
                    speaking of unusually big and nimble, how bout' big ole Dwayne Carswell moving the ball sunday? Jesus, I wouldnt wanna try to be tackling him...
                    No doubt!!

GO HOUSE!!!

Comment

It's true...look at Portis struggle now that he has left the system. After week 5 you can at least start analyzing these things. Everybody in my Fantasy draft was itching to get Portis in the top 3-- I refused to pick him with the 3rd pick because I doubted what he could do. Though very capable and dangerous, he won't be consistent like he was in Denver.

I like Droughns in this system. He is not only a solid runner that fits the scheme, he is a truly standup guy. I remember that post about how he was in the pool with the little kids at that benefit while all the other NFL players just signed autographs. Look at him after that press conference. The guy is great...not a shy guy like Q or a potential Portis like Bell.
                      Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

I really hope we don't try a RBC.

We need one prominent back, and at this point, I could care less whether its Q, Droughns, or Bell, as long as the job gets done.

Running Back by Committee NEVER WORKS OUT in the end, just ask every other team that has every tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Interpol
                          I really hope we don't try a RBC.

We need one prominent back, and at this point, I could care less whether its Q, Droughns, or Bell, as long as the job gets done.

Running Back by Committee NEVER WORKS OUT in the end, just ask every other team that has every tried it.
                          I totally agree. That's why I think Tatum is the wild card. But Droughns has shown that he deserves to start.

Comment

Agreed. imagine if Reuben doesn't start and Q does badly? I don't want to think that way or too far ahead, but ugh
                            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Originally posted by MN-Broncofreak
                              Agreed. imagine if Reuben doesn't start and Q does badly? I don't want to think that way or too far ahead, but ugh
                              If anyone screws up against the faiders, they will be crucified........especially Q

Comment

Working...
                              X