Do you approve of McDaniels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    The difference is - KNOWSHON MORENO IS A FULL-TIME, STARTING RUNNING BACK FOR THE BRONCOS.

Tebow is a "make-believe" QB (yet to throw a pass) who is being forced onto the field the only way he can, in a stupid, gimmicky, wild-horses, trick play that's not fooling anyone.

McD needs to put Tebow back on the shelf and worry about his starting players...
    Knowshon being a starter doesn't matter. The wild horses, is the wild horses, whether Tebow, Knowshon, Royal, Prater or Kern is running it. Either way, it takes away a snap from KO.
    sigpic

Comment

• Right here

Let me make something clear to you - I am not a fan of McD so much as I am a person that realizes that disrupting the reorganization of this team mid-stream would be far worse over the long term than toyughing it out a couple of season until this team is rebuilt.

Shanny's system failed - McD received Bowlen's buy in on a transformation.

You, whether you like it or not are on board for the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
        I give up. I've gotta agree. Josh McDaniels is doing HORRIBLY as a Head Coach right now.

I think that McD is a good coach, but he won't be a winning coach until he loses this absurd fascination with Tim Tebow. He wastes game-planning time designing special plays for Tebow and dreaming up scenarios to force him onto the field. He wastes practice time during the week running those plays in scrimmages. Then he wastes actual game-time putting in Tebow for minimal gains at best, drive-killers at worst.

Until McDaniels puts Tebow back to running the practice squad and actually focuses on getting his starters to perform (especially the o-line), then Denver isn't going to win very many games.
        Tebow had nothing to do with this loss.

Special teams blew it. Poor coverage (again). Penalty calling back a td.
        Running game started off better, then returned to normal.
        Defense couldn't stop a QB that hadn't seen much playing time in 3 years.
        Defense caved in to the run. (again)
        3rd down offense was downright offensive (again).
        Orton was directly responsible for both turnovers, including the game ending pick.

Blaming a guy that was on the bench for all but 2 plays, including a TD, is just an attempt by you to deflect criticism from Orton.
        sigpic

Comment

• I often tell my people at work there's a difference between whining and critiquing.

Hell, I've been very critical of aspects of the team, and I have very strong reservations about the coach, and the QB.

I just don't see how insults and whining, or boycotting, are in any way productive. In fact, I find them to be anything but productive.

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
            What is the difference?

There have been a LOT of threads started by those that want to humiliate others on these boards. When the team does well, we see them aimed at posters who didnt think the team would do well. Now, that the team is losing, we see it aimed at those that didnt think we would lose.

Honestly, there isn't a difference. Although one version is deemed "acceptable", and the other isn't.
            I agree. In both instances, it is wrong. If it were to vent, in either direction, I am o.k. with it, but calling each other out is not right.
            My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              I often tell my people at work there's a difference between whining and critiquing.

Hell, I've been very critical of aspects of the team, and I have very strong reservations about the coach, and the QB.

I just don't see how insults and whining, or boycotting, are in any way productive. In fact, I find them to be anything but productive.
              Nothing said or not said on an Inernet message board is productive.
              sigpic

Comment

• Anyone trying to defend this team needs a serious reality check

This is only the 2nd time in 40 years we have been off to a 2 win start after 8 games in a non-strike year.

The other time...the year after Elway retired. TD played 4 games. Sharpe played 5 games. Griese missed three games. Shoot only 8 players on offense/defense started all 16 games.

This is the worst Bronco team I have EVER seen.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by on2 View Post
                  He never blamed fans for anything. He pointed out that the original post is calling out anybody who supports McD.

Either you mis-read or I missed a post somewhere. I think the point really is that it's odd to have so many people come here to gloat over losing so that they can laugh at McD supporters and call him a loser.
                  Thank you for reading the op and reading my response

Comment

• Originally posted by MoXplant View Post
                    Right here

Let me make something clear to you - I am not a fan of McD so much as I am a person that realizes that disrupting the reorganization of this team mid-stream would be far worse over the long term than toyughing it out a couple of season until this team is rebuilt.

Shanny's system failed - McD received Bowlen's buy in on a transformation.

You, whether you like it or not are on board for the ride.
                    I don't disagree with any of that. I actually think at this point (and after listening to 104.3 The Fan) that there's nothing much worse McDaniels can do, other than turn fans away (we'll see how many no-shows begin to pile up between now and the end of the season), so if there's nothing worse he can do as far as hurting this team long-term, you might as well ride it the rest of the season.
                    sigpic

Comment

I often tell my people at work there's a difference between whining and critiquing.

I've had 24 post discussing Josh where you at ...
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Thank you for reading the op and reading my response
                        And I read it to.

I still stand by what I said. Calling out fans - no matter which side of the fence you're on - after admitting that the team sucks is silly and truly unproductive.

If you can look at this team objectively and admit it sucks from top to bottom, then you should be asking yourself why that is and what can be done to fix it, rather than bickering back and forth on who has the bigger 'fanhood'.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          Nothing said or not said on an Inernet message board is productive.
                          If you truly felt that way you wouldn't be here. Unless you typically spend your time doing things you find are not productive in one way or another.

Comment

If you truly felt that way you wouldn't be here. Unless you typically spend your time doing things you find are not productive in one way or another.
                            I come here to share my opinion. Nothing more.

I don't come here to be "productive". Considering that I post a lot when I'm at work, coming here is basically the complete oppposite of being productive.

Regardless of what you say here you shouldn't come here expecting anything you say to count for anything. That goes for any Internet message board.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                              RIGHT HERE!!!

I still stand by my opinion that he will be a great head coach. I just hope he is given the time to prove himself.

It is frustating watching the Broncos this year because I feel like we are a competetive team that makes too many mistakes to win. We are not getting any of the breaks. If that chop block isn't called we are up 17-3, and the game is over against a very inept 49ers offense. If Dawkins and Bailey repositioned themselves on that awful pass by Troy Smith the game is over.

Winning teams make plays when they have too and this team is not getting any of the breaks. The pieces are there, unfortunately we have been unable to put a solid effort together for four quarters.

It is frustrating being a Broncos fan right not because our fanbase has unrealistic expectations. Half our D is on IR and we are starting 2 rookies on the o-line. I think Josh gets a pass this year, but if he cannot succeed next year he should be in trouble.

The system is in place, we just need the players to execute as well as eliminate mental errors. Firing Josh now would be a huge mistake.
                              What has he shown that would make you think that? Is it only because he is the head coach of your favorite team and you are just hoping? Because I have not seen any reason to believe he would be a great HC.

He is a dark room guy, good coordinator. Just like all the other New England cast offs. Awful HC's but amazing dark room guys, look at KC now..

I expect Jmd to be no different.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• I've supported McDaniels, but given how the last couple of games have gone and the way our season is eroding, it's difficult to remain optimistic.

The way our luck has been going, McDaniels will get canned at the end of the season, move somewhere else as an OC (likely in the division), figures out how to put a proper O-Line together, and commences to handing us our collective behinds on a regular basis, while we're still paying part of his salary.

Comment

Working...
                                X