#1 Defense Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Defense Again

Well guys we are still the #1 defense in the NFL.

We are ranked as the #2 passing, #10 rushing and #5 Scoring Ds respectively

we are however the #26th as far as Turnover differential.

But hey the top numbers show that we are getting 3 and outs and that works just as well. Go Broncos!
    My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Re: Re: #1 Defense Again

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
    Just imagine where we'd be if we were producing turnovers! What we need is some killer pass rushers that can chase down the QB when he starts running! Bert Berry aint that good in Az. but if the idiot woulda stayed here I think we'd be having alot more interceptions.
    If we were producing turnovers the place where it would really show would probably be PPG - which would seemingly be a positive for the offense. Ironic as it is.... I wish it were the case. Just a single defensive score would be nice. Imagine how different some of these games would be if our defense would have scored. Eventually..... it will be done.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
      Just imagine where we'd be if we were producing turnovers! What we need is some killer pass rushers that can chase down the QB when he starts running! Bert Berry aint that good in Az. but if the idiot woulda stayed here I think we'd be having alot more interceptions.
      A healthy Pryce will go a long way in helping out as well.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Re: #1 Defense Again

Originally posted by ARBroncos
        Well guys we are still the #1 defense in the NFL.

We are ranked as the #2 passing, #10 rushing and #5 Scoring Ds respectively

we are however the #26th as far as Turnover differential.

But hey the top numbers show that we are getting 3 and outs and that works just as well. Go Broncos!
        Gotta link?

Comment

Originally posted by dr0p
          Gotta link?
          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2004

or...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...r?sort_col_1=4

or...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo..._PER_GAME.html

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Were winning, but it's nice to have turnovers.

Comment

just wait till pryce get back, they will be rippin it up.
              "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

maybe its our defensive scheme... I mean some schemes seem like they cause a lot of turnovers but then they can also get burned very badly.. I like that our D is consistant.
                My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

Turnover ratio is the one thing I'm seein' right now that's keeping the Broncos from being as good as they could be. I've never been big on fumble recoveries - sometimes playing the ball causes a lot of messy tackling.

Interceptions is where I'd love to see us improve. The only defense who gives up less pass yards than we do, on average, is the Dolphins - mostly because their offense is no threat to score, so as soon as a team gets the lead against them they work the clock.

Anyhow... I'm really impressed with our defense. I loved the Bailey trade, and even though we haven't had a consistent running game this year I think that will come once Tatum gets the ball. Right now it's off and on, but good enough where it doesn't lose us the game. (If we can forget Jacksonville for a moment)

Pryce coming back should give us that extra pass rush we need to force a few quick throws, and if Walls can stay healthy we should start jumping a few passes soon and taking control of these games.

These three point games are gonna kill me before I'm 25.. but as long as the Broncos stay on the better side of them.. I'll die with a smile on my face. =)
                  -- Slackker
                  Spreadin' the Orange & Blue in the New England area.

Comment

Originally posted by Slackker
                    These three point games are gonna kill me before I'm 25.. but as long as the Broncos stay on the better side of them.. I'll die with a smile on my face. =)
                    /Threadjack on
                    You should have watched the early to mid Elway years. Talk about your nail biters! 47 Times he came from behind in the 4th quarter. 47 heart attacks for the Factory before I turned 30!
                    /Threadjack off

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory
                      /Threadjack on
                      You should have watched the early to mid Elway years. Talk about your nail biters! 47 Times he came from behind in the 4th quarter. 47 heart attacks for the Factory before I turned 30!
                      /Threadjack off
                      That has come up a lot in conversations with my friends/fellow broncomaniacs lately. This also applies to Jake. People bag on Plummer for a few bad decisions and interceptions, but how they seem to forget what kind of emotional hell we went through during much of the early Elway era.
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

it would be nice to get more turnovers. but we are winning without them. and long as we keep winning its not going to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
                          maybe its our defensive scheme... I mean some schemes seem like they cause a lot of turnovers but then they can also get burned very badly.. I like that our D is consistant.
                          High risk, high reward.....I think the chefs were at the top in turnovers last year. That didnt do squat. I like the sound defense that doesnt make mistakes. I dont see that many oppurtunities to get picks. But I do see solid tackling and a bend but dont break mentality.

Comment

looks like we gotta cut down on the penalties.
                            "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                              That has come up a lot in conversations with my friends/fellow broncomaniacs lately. This also applies to Jake. People bag on Plummer for a few bad decisions and interceptions, but how they seem to forget what kind of emotional hell we went through during much of the early Elway era.
                              You are correct that we did go thru a lot with the start of Elway. I remember the fans chanting "Mortin, Mortin, Mortin" But Elway was a rookie, Jake is not, far from it, but he still makes too many rookie mistakes. He just needs to open his eyes wider so that he can see more of the field, there has been many times a receiver has been WIDE open and he dunks it when there is no hurry, throwing with the wrong hand what the heck is that, can not run down a defence player with a 20 yard head start? The list goes on and on, he makes too many huge mistakes, at least one in EVERY game. However I do like how the defence has improved this year. I think ol coach hit the nail on the head of improving the saftey position, which seems to come with a leader that we also have been lacking for a few years.
                              Last edited by Bronco4l1fe; 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM.
                              Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X