Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do we go from here? Time for future planning...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They've drafted studs(Bowe, Flowers, Charles, McCluster, Berry, not even going to mention all those Dlinemen top 10s...)

    They've brought in competent coaches who teach disciplined and hard nosed play

    They brought in good FA's like Vrabel TJones Wiegmann

    They have built the team and changed their schemes to fit their strengths

    They gameplan better than us, play better defense than us, and run better than us

    They have better comradary

    They're younger

    ...do I need to go on.

    Oh, and the most important thing,

    THEY ARE CONFIDENT AND BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
      They're younger
      Great point. Our D has been one of the oldest for years now.

      SPEED KILLS

      Comment


      • Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
        I think you dont have to look far to see why our franchises are going in vastly different directions.

        KC and Denver were in very similiar positions last year. Both were franchises that had been stagnant, both needed major overhauls. Both hired young, unproven coaches. Both ended up trading for new QBs.

        So, with such similiar beginnings, why have these two franchises taken such dramatically different paths?

        I think the answer is very easy. KC hired a player personnel GM last year. Bowlen fired the player personnel GM (Goodman) and hired a contract GM (In Bowlens defense, Shanny had made an awful mess out of the salary cap so he might have felt this was necessary).

        This past offseason, KC brought in two proven coordinators in Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel (bombs as head coaches, but very proven and high quality coordinators). And play calling was given to Weiss. This allows Haley to focus on the "grand scheme."

        Denver, on the other hand, lost Mike Nolan (the one proven coordinator on the staff) and replaced him with another unproven coordinator. Also, McDaniels continues with playcalling duties (despite fairly poor playcalling).

        To me, this is very clear. No general ever wins a battle on his own. He has to have good captains and lieutenants to elevate the troops. KC gave their young head coach just that, a fantastic support system of quality PROVEN support and this team is thriving.

        KC does not have the most talented roster in the NFL, not by a long shot. They do have a few quality veterans (sound familiar?) and some very promising young talent (sound familiar?). By surrounding them with the proper leadership, it has allowed this team to grow beyond its talent level.

        Our issues with injuries do hurt the team, but the lack of proper coaching has been the tipping point of failure for this season. We have a young head coach who just can not do it all himself, despite his confidence.

        The sloppy play, the lack of motivation, the continuous penalties and the general malaise on the field....that comes from the total lack of discipline and that lack of discipline come from the lack of leadership.

        I believe it is time to lighten his load. A quality GM is an absolute must for 2011 (lets face it, we will have a high draft pick and it cant be wasted). I wonder if the Goodmans are still available? Leave Xanders in place to handle the contracts (he is great at it), but bring in someone that can really run the franchise (a Bill Polian type).

        Finally, the coaching staff needs an immense purge and experienced assistants brought in, especially a real offensive coordinator to game plan. Bring in guys with fire and a track record of success. I think Adam Gase and Eric Studesville should stay, but everyone else should be changed over.

        *IF* McDaniels is going to be back next year, let him oversee the team and focus on what he does best, work with the quarterback. Lighten the load on him. The players seem to feel he prepares them. Let him still to the prep and leave the planning to someone else.

        (hidden asshattery for Chaz to find)

        Oh, and Gary Kubiak for Broncos Headcoach in 2011. Bring him home!
        I think you missed one other obvious reason. They get WAY more production out of their draft picks than we do. It's like night and day.

        Just goes to show how much of an impact just a couple of good (or bad) drafts can have. Not that this year's draft was poor, but we're getting virtually no solid production out of any of our rooks, and the only solid contributor from last season (Ayers) is out with a broken foot.
        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

        sigpic

        Comment


        • Lets see, they have a REAL GM! They have experienced cordinators not a bunch of Mcdaniels "yes men"! They run the ball!!! Vets on the oline! The get after the qb with a pass rush! Josh mcdaniels is not the coach!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by soloking View Post
            Lets see, they have a REAL GM! They have experienced cordinators not a bunch of Mcdaniels "yes men"! They run the ball!!! Vets on the oline! The get after the qb with a pass rush! Josh mcdaniels is not the coach!
            That pretty much sums it up. KC is up and coming especially if Cassel gets it together.
            sigpic

            Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mcsmashie View Post
              i think you dont have to look far to see why our franchises are going in vastly different directions.

              Kc and denver were in very similiar positions last year. Both were franchises that had been stagnant, both needed major overhauls. Both hired young, unproven coaches. Both ended up trading for new qbs.

              So, with such similiar beginnings, why have these two franchises taken such dramatically different paths?

              I think the answer is very easy. Kc hired a player personnel gm last year. Bowlen fired the player personnel gm (goodman) and hired a contract gm (in bowlens defense, shanny had made an awful mess out of the salary cap so he might have felt this was necessary).

              This past offseason, kc brought in two proven coordinators in charlie weiss and romeo crennel (bombs as head coaches, but very proven and high quality coordinators). And play calling was given to weiss. This allows haley to focus on the "grand scheme."

              denver, on the other hand, lost mike nolan (the one proven coordinator on the staff) and replaced him with another unproven coordinator. Also, mcdaniels continues with playcalling duties (despite fairly poor playcalling).

              To me, this is very clear. No general ever wins a battle on his own. He has to have good captains and lieutenants to elevate the troops. Kc gave their young head coach just that, a fantastic support system of quality proven support and this team is thriving.

              Kc does not have the most talented roster in the nfl, not by a long shot. They do have a few quality veterans (sound familiar?) and some very promising young talent (sound familiar?). By surrounding them with the proper leadership, it has allowed this team to grow beyond its talent level.

              Our issues with injuries do hurt the team, but the lack of proper coaching has been the tipping point of failure for this season. We have a young head coach who just can not do it all himself, despite his confidence.

              The sloppy play, the lack of motivation, the continuous penalties and the general malaise on the field....that comes from the total lack of discipline and that lack of discipline come from the lack of leadership.

              I believe it is time to lighten his load. A quality gm is an absolute must for 2011 (lets face it, we will have a high draft pick and it cant be wasted). I wonder if the goodmans are still available? :d leave xanders in place to handle the contracts (he is great at it), but bring in someone that can really run the franchise (a bill polian type).

              Finally, the coaching staff needs an immense purge and experienced assistants brought in, especially a real offensive coordinator to game plan. Bring in guys with fire and a track record of success. I think adam gase and eric studesville should stay, but everyone else should be changed over.

              *if* mcdaniels is going to be back next year, let him oversee the team and focus on what he does best, work with the quarterback. Lighten the load on him. The players seem to feel he prepares them. Let him still to the prep and leave the planning to someone else.

              (hidden asshattery for chaz to find)

              oh, and gary kubiak for broncos headcoach in 2011. Bring him home! :d
              finally, an intelligent poster!! You are right on!!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IA_Broncosfan53 View Post
                Whether you think you can win or not, you're right.... Chiefs think they can, and are winning. Thats huge.

                The chiefs have 100% bought into the system. Far from being anywhere near talented enough to win any division. I would argue Denver has more talent across the board with the exception of a select few position. Difference is Chiefs have continuity and positive thinking. Denver... welp not so much.
                I think the running game is better with Jamal Charles ,Thomas Jones,and also they have the more clutch and faster QB with Cassell.I would argue Eric Berry is one the better safeties in the league ,great draft choice.Its one New England coach in Denver compared to 3-4 New England coaches in KC,which means they are more knowledgable together than Josh is by himself.

                Comment


                • Simple, they have offensive and defensive coordinaters on the same level maybe slightly above of jmd's. As I said before, JMD is not HC material. He is a darkroom, film guy, a coordinator. That is what he is basically, an offensive coordinater with the responsibility of a headcoach.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

                  Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

                  Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    two more words --- Matt Cassell

                    Josh should have got him when he had the chance. Because when you mix former Pats QB's with former Pats personnel, the outcome is magical.
                    matt cassell is garbage. if the chiefs had a good QB they would be dominating the AFC west

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                      I think you dont have to look far to see why our franchises are going in vastly different directions.

                      KC and Denver were in very similiar positions last year. Both were franchises that had been stagnant, both needed major overhauls. Both hired young, unproven coaches. Both ended up trading for new QBs.

                      So, with such similiar beginnings, why have these two franchises taken such dramatically different paths?

                      I think the answer is very easy. KC hired a player personnel GM last year. Bowlen fired the player personnel GM (Goodman) and hired a contract GM (In Bowlens defense, Shanny had made an awful mess out of the salary cap so he might have felt this was necessary).

                      This past offseason, KC brought in two proven coordinators in Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel (bombs as head coaches, but very proven and high quality coordinators). And play calling was given to Weiss. This allows Haley to focus on the "grand scheme."

                      Denver, on the other hand, lost Mike Nolan (the one proven coordinator on the staff) and replaced him with another unproven coordinator. Also, McDaniels continues with playcalling duties (despite fairly poor playcalling).

                      To me, this is very clear. No general ever wins a battle on his own. He has to have good captains and lieutenants to elevate the troops. KC gave their young head coach just that, a fantastic support system of quality PROVEN support and this team is thriving.

                      KC does not have the most talented roster in the NFL, not by a long shot. They do have a few quality veterans (sound familiar?) and some very promising young talent (sound familiar?). By surrounding them with the proper leadership, it has allowed this team to grow beyond its talent level.

                      Our issues with injuries do hurt the team, but the lack of proper coaching has been the tipping point of failure for this season. We have a young head coach who just can not do it all himself, despite his confidence.

                      The sloppy play, the lack of motivation, the continuous penalties and the general malaise on the field....that comes from the total lack of discipline and that lack of discipline come from the lack of leadership.

                      I believe it is time to lighten his load. A quality GM is an absolute must for 2011 (lets face it, we will have a high draft pick and it cant be wasted). I wonder if the Goodmans are still available? Leave Xanders in place to handle the contracts (he is great at it), but bring in someone that can really run the franchise (a Bill Polian type).

                      Finally, the coaching staff needs an immense purge and experienced assistants brought in, especially a real offensive coordinator to game plan. Bring in guys with fire and a track record of success. I think Adam Gase and Eric Studesville should stay, but everyone else should be changed over.

                      *IF* McDaniels is going to be back next year, let him oversee the team and focus on what he does best, work with the quarterback. Lighten the load on him. The players seem to feel he prepares them. Let him still to the prep and leave the planning to someone else.

                      (hidden asshattery for Chaz to find)

                      Oh, and Gary Kubiak for Broncos Headcoach in 2011. Bring him home!
                      Great post. I definitely don't think McD should be back though, I think he's a complete failure. Also, he seems to be the power-hungry type, so I don't think he'd be willing to give up a lot of his control.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                        matt cassell is garbage. if the chiefs had a good QB they would be dominating the AFC west
                        What he said. Whoever said McD should have gotten him, boy, you don't know much about QBs. Matt Cassell is one of the 5 worst starting QBs in the NFL. I don't even want to think about that fraud playing QB for the Broncos.

                        Trying to trade for Cassell was what made me dislike McD from the start.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by I Eat Staples View Post

                          Trying to trade for Cassell was what made me dislike McD from the start.
                          Yeah regardless of what other people think about Cutler, he >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cassell all day everday.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                            Yeah regardless of what other people think about Cutler, he >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cassell all day everday.
                            Definitely. McD trying to trade Cutler for Cassell made me realize he didn't have a clue from the start.

                            Comment


                            • one word.....coaching

                              Comment


                              • Ummm....I don't think you can realistically compare the two at this time. KC has been rebuilding for years with top 5 draft selections. We haven't had that luxury yet. This is essentially our first, maybe second, rebuilding year. And we've been competitive in all our games, KC was a laughing stock for multiple seasons. All those early round picks are in their 2nd and 3rd seasons now, and they've hit on most of them. Dorsey has come on, their CB duo is terrific, Hali has been great, Charles has found his grove, Albert is blocking well, Derrick Johnson and Bowe are excelling finally. This year's draft class looks solid with Arenas, McCluster, and Berry. They've had a ton of early picks and they've nailed most of them. That's all it is.


                                The main problem Denver is behind KC now is that Denver floated in mediocrity for 10 years under Shanahan, while KC crashed, burned, and dismantled the ship. Mediocrity gets you middle round picks in all rounds. Dismantling gets you elite picks. In the NFL, being terrible for a season or three pays off big time as opposed to trying to hover at 8-8 year in and year out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X