Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do we go from here? Time for future planning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do we go from here? Time for future planning...

I predict we will go thru two head coaches before we get back to the superbowl. We were lucky last time to only go thru two (wade philips).

We've been spoiled in Denver with great football success. Here's to hoping that continues but the odds are against us. The grass is greener syndrome has struck and percentages say we'll be wishing for Shanny back after next year. I am already wishing it and he's only been gone one day. But sometimes you have to pass thru 4-12 seasons (my predicion for next year no matter who the coach is) to appreciate what a superbowl means.
    ONE! Our next coach will take us there!
    49.15%
    Two.
    22.03%
    Three.
    10.17%
    More than three, we may never get back to the promised land...
    18.64%
    Last edited by rainmaker; 12-31-2008, 01:05 PM.

sigpic
    \

I was a huge Mike Shanahan guy and supporter (always will be), but I do believe in the Broncos organization and am a Broncos fan over a Mike Shanahan fan. Stating this, I truly do believe the next coach of the Broncos will be another great one and will win us a Super Bowl in the next 3-4 years if we don't run him out of town prematurely. Bowlen is a really smart guy and with the fan base he has, the money he's willing to spend, and with smart people around him, the firing of Shanahan will be forgiven and Mike perhaps one day will return to Denver for the ceremony of having his name put on the Ring of Fame at Invesco. It may seem a bit uncertain right now, but if you're a true broncos fan, you have to believe that all will work itself out for the best in the end.

Comment

i think our next coach will win us a super bowl. i think pat bowlen will get us a better coach than shanahan and a coach that will improve our defense and continue to help our young players improve. i also think we will get some good players to help our defense in the off season.

Comment

Most of the Noobs who said 1 coach = Idiots.

Super Bowl Caliber Coaches Dont Grow On Trees!:salute!:

Comment

Im not sure how many coaches we'll go through but Im hoping its only one, meaning that it will be soon :salute!:
          sigpic

Comment

Uno

10char...

Comment

if we get bill or bill then one....but I really don't know...just hope we keep alot of players we have now

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DieHard View Post
                Super Bowl Caliber Coaches Dont Grow On Trees!:salute!:
                You do realize that Barry Switzer is a Super Bowl winning coach, right?

So was John Madden, Ray Malavasi (Rams in LA), Forrest Gregg, Bobby Ross, Jim Fassel, John Fox and Lovie Smith.

Would you take any of them today over, say Cowher or McDaniells?

Comment

Originally posted by trmcmichael View Post
                  You do realize that Barry Switzer is a Super Bowl winning coach, right?

So was John Madden, Ray Malavasi (Rams in LA), Forrest Gregg, Bobby Ross, Jim Fassel, John Fox and Lovie Smith.

Would you take any of them today over, say Cowher or McDaniells?
                  I apologize, only Switzer was a winning the coach, the rest were just coached who got their team to the SB.

Comment

Honestly we didn't need to toss Shanahan has a HC. He was everything you wanted in a HC.

What we needed was a complete 100% overhaul of our defense.

... so if our next HC is someone who respects the offense we have now and attempts to keep the offensive coaching staff intact and greatly improving our defense, while at the same time being of high character/respect/demand for all those around him...

Then yes, we will have a Super Bowl in the next 3-4 years.

I don't want us to take longer than that though. The very thought of Cutler being 30 with no Super Bowl is kind of creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Bronco View Post
                      if we get bill or bill then one....but I really don't know...just hope we keep alot of players we have now
                      For all I care, our whole defense can get fired this year. I'm pretty happy with our QB and wideouts right now. Thats about the only thing we have.

Comment

It's NOT just one coach that wins a Superbowl it's an organization! That means owner, players, AND coaches (notice that is plural)! When any of those parts become degraded than everything falls apart. That what happened to Shanahan. He didn't win the two Superbowls on his own! If a team wants to hurt their competitors just start hiring away their coaching staff - Al Davis knows this well!

Shanahan is a good coach but he forgot the rules - he should have stepped down from the Head Coaching position last year and kept his other jobs with the Broncos. His experience would be highly valued in those positions. I know he thinks that he can coach another team to the Superbowl but that is highly unlikely!

Comment

I'll take my chances with the grass is greener syndrome if it gets me off this artificial turf I've been standing on for the last 7 years.

Comment

Bump

Anyone care to revise their opinion on this poll after Josh MCDs blaring lack of NFL Business experience?

Regardless of how it turns out with Cutler, this wasn't handled well. Theres more to running a team than coaching.

sigpic
                            \

Comment

Show Me Sumthin'

OK, Josh McDaniels, show me watcha got...

Show me something I can go into the season looking forward to

Show me you haven't dismantled the defensive gains the team appeared to have developed last season

Show me you aren't a passing whore, and can commit to running the football to establish some much needed toughness (have you noticed how much the original hoodie has had his Pats running the ball this preseason?)

Show me that your answer to converting 3rd downs isn't always a bubble-screen

Show me your draft choices, particularly Ayers and Alphonso are going to be contributors, and not one step closer to the waiver wire

Show me you didn't severely dumb down the DC in going from Nolan to Martindale

Show me your team can stand toe-to-toe with one of the bullies of the AFC on a physical level

Show me a reason to care...

Comment

Working...
                              X