Alphonso Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphonso Smith

Alphonso Smith is tied for 3rd in the NFL with 4 int, the broncos have 5 total as a team, glad that trade was made.

And for those that say he had no confidence & would not have worked out in denver, you have to ask why that is? It's all on the coaches which is why changes need to be made & made now, if a guy can't play well here but somewhere else it's not the player that is the problem.
    sigpic

sick man cave in the sig......

The Phons just had too much pressure to perform in denver. In detriot the skys the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      Alphonso Smith is tied for 3rd in the NFL with 4 int, the broncos have 5 total as a team, glad that trade was made.

And for those that say he had no confidence & would not have worked out in denver, you have to ask why that is? It's all on the coaches which is why changes need to be made & made now, if a guy can't play well here but somewhere else it's not the player that is the problem.
      The difference a pass rush makes .

Comment

Alphonso Smith will never be a good #1 CB which is what we drafted him to be.

I'm not upset about it.

Comment

Originally posted by england4broncos View Post
          The difference a pass rush makes .
          yep det has a killer pass rush.

On Phonz's pick six he was covering a 10 yard route that he was able to jump knowing the defense would get to the QB...besides Doom I do not even remember a Bronco player who is capable of that in recent memory. Frankly even for Doom this is hard....to get pressure on a 10 yard route it needs to come from the inside.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The problem could've been that Smith thought because the Broncos traded a 1st rd pick to draft him, he would be "The Guy" without much effort, and when his bubble got burst, he couldn't handle it. Maybe, maybe not, just a different spin to your thoughts.

EDIT: I hope he continues to do good. We need the highest draft pick we can get.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post

I'm not upset about it.
              So your saying he's lucky to have 4 picks so far?
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe it was the change of scenery. Look at Brandon Lloyd this year - he's a way different player now than he was in his other stops in the NFL.

That being said, a lot of the moves McD & X make leave me somewhat puzzled. I didn't think Smith looked any worse than Nate Jones in preseason, so why did we let the younger guy go?

Comment

Figured.

He made a nice INT against the Vikes in preseason, he had a solid preseason, solid camp. But we trade him for a backup TE.

He was coming along very, very nicely. He would be a great fit as the NCB right now..

Comment

No sour grapes here man - look, I'm glad the guy found success in Detroit, cause he wasn't having it here.

Maybe the wake up call is what he needed.

I hope he has a long and successfull career now - but he was let go cause he disappointed here...

Goodman may end up with him soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post

I'm not upset about it.
                      You're right, but Cox will be our #1.

Put Cox on the bigger WR, and Smith on the #2, problem solved.

He's a natural ballhawk, sucks we gave up on him after just one year. How we keep Nate Jones over Smith boggles my mind. As well as that Jarvis Moss is still on the team.
                      Last edited by ERoyal248; 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoXplant View Post
                        No sour grapes here man - look, I'm glad the guy found success in Detroit, cause he wasn't having it here.

Maybe the wake up call is what he needed.

I hope he has a long and successfull career now - but he was let go cause he disappointed here...

Goodman may end up with him soon enough
                        Yes he may have not lived up to the hype but how do you give up on somebody after 1 year yet keep guys like moss for far too long?
                        sigpic

Comment

I heard Deion Sanders Say Phonso would be one of the top CB's in a few years and hes playing LIGHTS OUT for Detroit McD didnt give him enough of a chance to show what he could do, With the uncertain future of Champ and an aging Goodman imagine Cox and Smith as our 1 and 2 could of been the start of a dynamic young duo oh well we will all have to to live with the decisions McD makes
                          Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

So your saying he's lucky to have 4 picks so far?
                            Yes. That is what I'm saying. Corners have good years. Look at Cromartie. Look at Revis.

One year and everyone announces them great. Lets see if he plays consistently well before he we announce a failure of a trade.(Although I don't think Gronkowski will do much either)

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              You're right, but Cox will be our #2.

Put Cox on the bigger WR, and Smith on the #2, problem solved.

He's a natural ballhawk, sucks we gave up on him after just one year. How we keep Nate Jones over Smith boggles my mind. As well as that Jarvis Moss is still on the team.
                              Yeah but Smith is better in Zone Coverage. We ask our CB's to play Man Coverage. Smith would kill in a Tampa 2, or where he's at now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X