Team needs for the 2k5 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team needs for the 2k5 Draft

First 2 picks should be on DL. Just imagine........2 big pass rushing DL and with our sick secondary = big time turnovers. Maybe draft a RB, WR, TE

Made by Snk16

I wouldn't ahve said we needed a LB at the beginning of last seasson.. but by the end it was a glaring need. So lets see what happens first.

Comment

Well our biggest needs would be HB, TE, and DT. Now, Putzier has done a great job so far, but you never know, he may not cut it. We still have a lot of questions at HB, but Droughns is doing nicely. DT... hmm, E. Johnson is playing well, but I would like to see a big run stuffer up there. I like Fatafehi, but I don't think he is what we need.

Comment

D-line. We have a bunch of oldies on their last legs, it typically takes 2 years to develop a lineman. We blew it last draft by passing on Wilfork, who is lighting it up for the Pats, so we must pick a playmaker on the D-line this coming draft. Id also say O-line is a need as well, our interior players are getting up there in age and its time to develop a new center/guard.

Comment

maybe a safty for lynch to groom too...

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
            maybe a safty for lynch to groom too...
            Mmmm, I think Brandon has a lot of talent. Don't forget about Ferguson either.

Comment

A big play T.E would be first on the list, Second would be a good kick/punt returner like say that Owens kid playing for Hawaii, that guy is the closest thing to another D Hall that i have seen so far, only Owens is a good wr, Hall isnt.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                A big play T.E would be first on the list, Second would be a good kick/punt returner like say that Owens kid playing for Hawaii, that guy is the closest thing to another D Hall that i have seen so far, only Owens is a good wr, Hall isnt.
                A TE and a punt returner? What a waste that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                  A TE and a punt returner? What a waste that would be.
                  Good field position is never a waste slappy!
                  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                    Good field position is never a waste slappy!
                    We have fine options at PR, and one of the best KR. We need a run stuffing DT.

Comment

plus it will all be determined on WHERE we end up in the draft. OL is never a bad thing

Comment

Nothing wrong with drafting a Punt Returner in rounds 5 to 7. If you draft a guy in rounds 1-4 as a PR thats a big time waste.

"The Dayne agreement"

Comment

I was thinking we should just keep taking the best D lineman, or guard available. The only guard worth taking in the first round is probably that guy from michigan (baas?) but i would definitely like to see someone stronger than hamilton in there. If baas isn't available, definitely a DT, i like shaun cody personally, even though he's not that big. We can pick up a big fatty in the later rounds. I like the guy stanford has, i'm not even gonna try and spell his name.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                          ABWRFRC

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman_44b
                            Nothing wrong with drafting a Punt Returner in rounds 5 to 7. If you draft a guy in rounds 1-4 as a PR thats a big time waste.
                            I agree 5th to 7th round for sure. Why would you waste a pick on the 1st 4 rounds. You can have your 1st round pick WR run back the ball for that matter.
                            Last edited by NORTHERN; 10-12-2004, 07:42 PM.

Comment

The D-line would be secondary unless someone slipped too good to pass up. O-line is a priority. Try to pick the fastest man in the draft.

If a blue chip falls to wherever we are, might be worth it if it is a WR, CB, LB, DT, O-line.

Maybe trade the 4th or/and 5th to get quality 1st or 2nd rounder.
                              Broncos forever!! :clap:
                              \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Working...
                              X