NFL Fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Fixed?

My dad and I had this discussion last night..But anyways what are your guys thoughts on the NFL games being fixed? A few example...The Patriots winning the Super Bowl after 9/11...I remember my mom saying before that game "If the Patriots win this game, I KNOW the NFL is fixed"..Another example..Game after Brett Farves fathers death..There is no way someone can play that well..And it was as if the Raider defenders were just standing around and letting Farve do that to them..2 more examples, 2 games this weekend..Rams/Seahawks and Texans/Vikings...Both games went into overtime, both ended on the same exact type of play where both WR's were wide open in the middle of the field..The Rams/Seahawks one is a little more different..With what 6-7 minutes left Rams down by 17..Its like the Seahawks gave the game away...Another example, the Seahawks/49ers game a couple years ago..49ers game back by what 38 points are something like that..And then the snapper messes up the snap..I dont want to think that its true, but there is definitly a possibility..And I am sure there is some kind of Mob work going on somehow with some major sport..Reggie Rivers just came out with a book about how the NFL is fixed and everything like that..So what are your guys thoughts on this?

Re: NFL Fixed?

Originally posted by dandaman23
    Seahawks/49ers game a couple years ago..
    Giants/49ers**

Comment

My dad and I had this discussion last night..But anyways what are your guys thoughts on the NFL games being fixed? A few example...The Patriots winning the Super Bowl after 9/11...I remember my mom saying before that game "If the Patriots win this game, I KNOW the NFL is fixed"..Another example..Game after Brett Farves fathers death..There is no way someone can play that well..And it was as if the Raider defenders were just standing around and letting Farve do that to them..2 more examples, 2 games this weekend..Rams/Seahawks and Texans/Vikings...Both games went into overtime, both ended on the same exact type of play where both WR's were wide open in the middle of the field..The Rams/Seahawks one is a little more different..With what 6-7 minutes left Rams down by 17..Its like the Seahawks gave the game away...Another example, the Seahawks/49ers game a couple years ago..49ers game back by what 38 points are something like that..And then the snapper messes up the snap..I dont want to think that its true, but there is definitly a possibility..And I am sure there is some kind of Mob work going on somehow with some major sport..Reggie Rivers just came out with a book about how the NFL is fixed and everything like that..So what are your guys thoughts on this?
      If you find out exactly what games are fixed then PM me so i can drop a few bills on the games, i need a new plasma big screen t.v for watching football and skinamax!
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

bad apples

bad apples in every bunch...............

Comment

No way!!!

As for the Patriots winning......now I know it is not fixed. If they could fix it for some team to win the Superbowl, I am sure it wouldn't be them. If the 911 thing is true they would have had the Giants or Jets win it. As for favre.......who knows maybe the Raiders did slack off a bit......but I don't think it was initialed fixed by the NFL. If there was ever proof that it was fixed and not just someone's opinion, they would lose a lot of fans.
          As far as I am concerned, it is a sport and every player "PLAYS TO WIN"

Comment

Hey dandaman, i don't know about whole seasons being fixed or anything, but the one thing that's always made me sick was michael strahan breaking the sack record, i lost a lot of respect for favre on that play. The league probalby just didn't want gastineau to hold that record any more, he was a "bad boy" or something wasn't he?

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
            ABWRFRC

Comment

Re: Re: NFL Fixed?

Originally posted by theshiverman
              If you find out exactly what games are fixed then PM me so i can drop a few bills on the games, i need a new plasma big screen t.v for watching football and skinamax!
              I want in.......Who's gonna win the superbowl? That's all I need to know

Comment

Originally posted by NORTHERN
                No way!!!

As for the Patriots winning......now I know it is not fixed. If they could fix it for some team to win the Superbowl, I am sure it wouldn't be them. If the 911 thing is true they would have had the Giants or Jets win it. As for favre.......who knows maybe the Raiders did slack off a bit......but I don't think it was initialed fixed by the NFL. If there was ever proof that it was fixed and not just someone's opinion, they would lose a lot of fans.
                As far as I am concerned, it is a sport and every player "PLAYS TO WIN"
                I dont know, I mean a total "cinderella" and then the "Tuck Game" against the Raiders, then beating "The Greatest show on Turf"..No team takes the other lightly in the Super Bowl, it just doesnt happen..We all know the Rams should have blown the Pats out..But they didnt..

I dont know, just something to think about...

Comment

Do you know how hard it is to keep a secret? Go ahead.. tell a REALLY REALLY big secret to just 10 people... and see how long it remains a secret. Do you know how many people would have to be IN on it to FIX the Super Bowl? You have offense, and defense, offesive coordinators, defensive coordinators... alll the coaches and owners.... there is NOoooo way any NFL Game or NFL Super Bowl is FIXED.

I have to aggree. If the SB was fixed...why wouldn't the Redskins or the NY teams win it after 9/11??

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    Do you know how hard it is to keep a secret? Go ahead.. tell a REALLY REALLY big secret to just 10 people... and see how long it remains a secret. Do you know how many people would have to be IN on it to FIX the Super Bowl? You have offense, and defense, offesive coordinators, defensive coordinators... alll the coaches and owners.... there is NOoooo way any NFL Game or NFL Super Bowl is FIXED.

I have to aggree. If the SB was fixed...why wouldn't the Redskins or the NY teams win it after 9/11??
                    I dont know..You really only have to tell a few of the key players..Such as the QB maybe the RB, and a couple of the defense of players and the coach and the owner and there ya go..And if the Mob was involved, they would be threatining people with there lives, or there familys lives..I dont think it was fixed, I am just saying that its something to think about...

Comment

Besides if it was fixed... do you think Al Davis would keep his mouth quiet and allow the Raiders to go 20+ years without a SB win.

Who would have picked the Ravens or Rams to win it years ago if the fix was in when there were more attractive options?

32 teams with 53 man rosters + supporting staff and not one player coming forth to say everything was staged out.

If it was you can be sure the NFL would have eventually given Marino a ring somewhere in that time, esp the year after Elway won his first and we were playing the Fins, and that same Superbowl, the NFL would have had a better game if the Vikings had faced the Broncos instead of the Falcons.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Have you ever run wind sprints til you puke. Well, I have ran til I puked. And the thought of throwing a game at the high school leave when I played is sickening much less a pro player getting paid hundereds of thousands to millions of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                          Besides if it was fixed... do you think Al Davis would keep his mouth quiet and allow the Raiders to go 20+ years without a SB win.

Who would have picked the Ravens or Rams to win it years ago if the fix was in when there were more attractive options?

32 teams with 53 man rosters + supporting staff and not one player coming forth to say everything was staged out.

If it was you can be sure the NFL would have eventually given Marino a ring somewhere in that time, esp the year after Elway won his first and we were playing the Fins, and that same Superbowl, the NFL would have had a better game if the Vikings had faced the Broncos instead of the Falcons.
                          1) I am not saying the NFL really fixes the games, but the Mob..They can threaten you or your family..Happens a lot to buiseness men and woman..
                          2) Refer back to 1
                          3) Reggie Rivers just wrote a book about it, and would if the Mob was threatening you or your family if you told, you wouldnt tell..
                          4) Refer back to 1

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the league wants some teams to win more than others and putting them in a good position to do so, but I don't think they would go so far as actually fixing a game.

Comment

the mob could threaten.. but something would leak.. the mob would come down BIG on that. you can't just bribe, threaten, and FIX a game that has THIS many people involved. The mob isn't going to just threaten a lot of rich people to throw an NFL game *laughs*.. this isn't the movies...

NO way.. its a ridiculous thought

Comment

Working...
                              X