• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Re: NFL Fixed?

Originally posted by dandaman23
      My dad and I had this discussion last night..But anyways what are your guys thoughts on the NFL games being fixed? A few example...The Patriots winning the Super Bowl after 9/11...I remember my mom saying before that game "If the Patriots win this game, I KNOW the NFL is fixed"..Another example..Game after Brett Farves fathers death..There is no way someone can play that well..And it was as if the Raider defenders were just standing around and letting Farve do that to them..2 more examples, 2 games this weekend..Rams/Seahawks and Texans/Vikings...Both games went into overtime, both ended on the same exact type of play where both WR's were wide open in the middle of the field..The Rams/Seahawks one is a little more different..With what 6-7 minutes left Rams down by 17..Its like the Seahawks gave the game away...Another example, the Seahawks/49ers game a couple years ago..49ers game back by what 38 points are something like that..And then the snapper messes up the snap..I dont want to think that its true, but there is definitly a possibility..And I am sure there is some kind of Mob work going on somehow with some major sport..Reggie Rivers just came out with a book about how the NFL is fixed and everything like that..So what are your guys thoughts on this?
      Do do do do, do do do do, the theme song form the twilight zone run through your mind alot at nite.

Mel Gibson's "Conspiracy theory" your favorite show.

Run around alot with tinfoil on your head?

Get a grip on life and spend some time with a good therapist.
      Last edited by Jrhampton; 10-13-2004, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Sometimes i think it is fixed as well. But it may just be me being paranoid.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Sometimes i think it is fixed as well. But it may just be me being paranoid.

Comment

Whoa. My computer froze when i was typing this and it posted a bunch of times

Comment

I doubt that the games are fixed. It's too many people to try and keep control of.

Boxing however........

Anyway, its the old saying that goes - "Don't bet on anything that can talk."

Comment

If the NFL could pull it off...

If the NFL could pull it off, then Tagliabue should be the next President. There is no way an organization like the NFL could orchestrate something so complex - I assure you, there are far too many human beings involved for everything to go exactly as planned, which is what would have to be the case.

As far as the Mob goes, there certainly could be some influence over individuals - could be coercive, could be something the player got into on his own. But the same tenents are true for the Mob as for any other large group of individuals: anytime you have a bunch of people contributing to something, there will be mistakes and imperfection. To orchestrate something of this magnitude would make the Bay of Pigs seem like a family reunion - and the most powerful country on earth couldn't pull that off.

I could believe one guy being on "the take" - but no way could anyone force an ego-maniac in the NFL to do much of anything he didn't already want to. I'm sure there are a few Pete Rose types in the league, secretly betting on/against their team and whatnot. But now way is there a Puppermaster pulling all the strings.

Just my humble opinion.
                -BroncoBilly70

Comment

Heh i see his point, when the PATRIOTS won after 9/11 it seemed awful fitting to the nations feelings. All you have to do is look at the name of the team to see where it was very timely.

Comment

yeah.. but wouldn't we say the same thing for a lot of teams? Washington, NY Jets, NY Giants, Cowboys (america's team)... uhmmm.. Buffalo (wearing the Red white and Blue)... there could be a Spin on any team that made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                      the mob could threaten.. but something would leak.. the mob would come down BIG on that. you can't just bribe, threaten, and FIX a game that has THIS many people involved. The mob isn't going to just threaten a lot of rich people to throw an NFL game *laughs*.. this isn't the movies...

NO way.. its a ridiculous thought

What about greasy throwing interceptions?

Or better yet Jake keeping the game close with left handed passes.

Or even better yet Q pulling the fumblerooski just to keep the point spread inline.

Man I think we are on to something big here better call in the FBI!

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton

Man I think we are on to something big here better call in the FBI!
                        Is that the FOOT BALL INVESIGATORS
                        Helping rock the Stadium on game day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco4l1fe
                          Is that the FOOT BALL INVESIGATORS
                          God you are good. Did not think anyone would have gotten that one!

Comment

There's been times I've seen things that made my questions certain games being fixed...esp. in the NBA.
                            D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                              yeah.. but wouldn't we say the same thing for a lot of teams? Washington, NY Jets, NY Giants, Cowboys (america's team)... uhmmm.. Buffalo (wearing the Red white and Blue)... there could be a Spin on any team that made it.
                              Actually if you think back to those dark days just following the crashes the general feeling of the country was patriotism, so the more fitting team would be the Patriots. Its interesting to entertain the idea of the NFL kinda of being the WWF's big brother

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
                                Actually if you think back to those dark days just following the crashes the general feeling of the country was patriotism, so the more fitting team would be the Patriots. Its interesting to entertain the idea of the NFL kinda of being the WWF's big brother
                                I would have thought because the planes took off from BOSTON, they wanted everyone there to feel good about being responsible for killing 3000+ people. There are a thousand different reasons for schist to happen.

Guys you all have way to much free time on your hands!

Comment

Working...
                                X