No announcement yet.

NFL Fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I bet there have been a few fixed games in the past.

I kinda wish I never though about games being fixed though, cause it can, at times, ruin the game of football for me.

And if there's one thing I think may be fixed... it was the Patriots Superbowl run/win.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Comment

All of this reminds me of a conversation I had with my dad about the Super Bowl against Atlanta. My dad was convinced that he already knew that Denver had won the game because someone in Australia (which is a day ahead of us) had already seen the game and had accidentally leaked it out to the media that Denver had won the game.

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha
      Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
      Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
      Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT !!!!

There are coincidences in everything.

As far as the comparisons made in the threads very first post....To me those things aren't bizzarre AT ALL.

You and your Dad have just worked yourslef into a big nonsensical frenzy that is nothing more than a load of crap.
        sorry to be so blunt but maybe the shock value of that statement will draw you back to reality.

you know.... you can find comparisons on anything, to anything else, at any point in time, you knew this right?

and to draw the conclusion that every spectacular and dramatic thing that happens in the NFL is rigged, is to undermine human achievment, inspiration, preparation, skill, talent, opportunism, and just plain luck. These things are real factors that must be accounted for otherwise every NFL player is a decieving liar, and a fake.

Also you are misquoting Reggie Rivers.

Comment

Re: Re: NFL Fixed?

Originally posted by Jrhampton
          Do do do do, do do do do, the theme song form the twilight zone run through your mind alot at nite.

Mel Gibson's "Conspiracy theory" your favorite show.

Run around alot with tinfoil on your head?

Get a grip on life and spend some time with a good therapist.
          No..I wasnt saying it is fixed, or I believe its fixed..All I said, and I said it a few times now..Is that it is something to think about..

And I think a lot of you guys are getting the wrong point here..I am not saying the NFL and Paul Taglibue fixes the games, I am saying does the mob have something to do with it? Like maybe they are talking with players and saying " I am going to kill you wife if you dont do this" and things like that..If you just tell a few players on the team, no one else would know..

Comment

Re: PULL YOUR HEAD OUT !!!!

Originally posted by DoranPeck
            There are coincidences in everything.

As far as the comparisons made in the threads very first post....To me those things aren't bizzarre AT ALL.

You and your Dad have just worked yourslef into a big nonsensical frenzy that is nothing more than a load of crap.
            sorry to be so blunt but maybe the shock value of that statement will draw you back to reality.

you know.... you can find comparisons on anything, to anything else, at any point in time, you knew this right?

and to draw the conclusion that every spectacular and dramatic thing that happens in the NFL is rigged, is to undermine human achievment, inspiration, preparation, skill, talent, opportunism, and just plain luck. These things are real factors that must be accounted for otherwise every NFL player is a decieving liar, and a fake.

Also you are misquoting Reggie Rivers.
            I KNOW! My dad and I were just saying.."What if" We DO NOT believe that the NFL is fixed..

Comment

I gotcha

I hear ya.

Sure it is entirely possible that a player could take a payoff and drop a crucial pass.

But.....its MUCH more likely that the guy dropped that crucial ball cuz he simply lost concentration.

I'mean, you've dropped easy balls before right? I know I certainly have....I'll bet you've done something really great before and...right at the right time too.

There is balance in all things.

Yes you are right...it is possible that there are, and have been "fixes"

Its just WAY WAY WAY more likely that all those things happened naturally

Also...I imagine the Mob makes plenty of money pushing their weight around on stuff that is much much easier to control with WAY less risk of getting caught.

It would not be in their interest to stir the pot with the NFL...too many loose ends....too many upstanding guys that would blow the whistle.

Comment

Re: I gotcha

Originally posted by DoranPeck
                I hear ya.

Sure it is entirely possible that a player could take a payoff and drop a crucial pass.

But.....its MUCH more likely that the guy dropped that crucial ball cuz he simply lost concentration.

I'mean, you've dropped easy balls before right? I know I certainly have....I'll bet you've done something really great before and...right at the right time too.

There is balance in all things.

Yes you are right...it is possible that there are, and have been "fixes"

Its just WAY WAY WAY more likely that all those things happened naturally

Also...I imagine the Mob makes plenty of money pushing their weight around on stuff that is much much easier to control with WAY less risk of getting caught.

It would not be in their interest to stir the pot with the NFL...too many loose ends....too many upstanding guys that would blow the whistle.
                I have never dropped a pass that I should have caught..I catch everything and anything that comes my way..LOL..JK..But ya I know what you mean..I just find this stuff interesting..

Comment

I never dropped a pass in a game.

I dropped them in practice when I tried to make one handed behind the back grabs....but I never dropped a pass in a game.

But since I don't have the knees to play anymore......oh well. ( I wasn't fast enough for the pro's either, so the knee thing doesn't really bother me)

Comment

No way to fix a football game. I'm sure you can pressure one guy to have a bad game, but that wouldn't fix the game. That might increase the odds though.

But thats as far as it can go. Its not nascar out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                      No way to fix a football game. I'm sure you can pressure one guy to have a bad game, but that wouldn't fix the game. That might increase the odds though.

But thats as far as it can go. Its not nascar out there.
                      What if that one guy is the QB?

The General, the Captain, the Leader?

The guy with the most touches that can directly affect the game?

I think it's possible.
                      Originally posted by boltzpride619
                      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                        What if that one guy is the QB?

The General, the Captain, the Leader?

The guy with the most touches that can directly affect the game?

I think it's possible.
                        I heard some where that players and refs make so much money so they cant be influenced to throw a game. I dunno

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                          I heard some where that players and refs make so much money so they cant be influenced to throw a game. I dunno
                          Refs don't make all that much, as far as some pf the greedy bastard players millions are not enough regardless of how many.

Comment

dude, how can you say the nfl purposefully made the patriots schedule so that they would paly the easy teams first. their first week oponent was the colts....

Comment

Neil O'Donell's performance in super bowl XXX convinced me the games can be thrown. The interceptions he threw were not even close to being a legitimate pass. From that performance on a guy that the Steelers did not even want to resign he received a huge contract form the Jets. A career just above average QB was awarded with an elite contract on par with the Elways, and Marinos. Something was just not right about the way that went down.

Comment

I havent read all the replies but for those of you who DONT think the fix is on these games and ALL pro sports - you are plain naive - it has nothing to do with trying to keep secrets - its not a conspiracy - its the world of gamblin, mafia and money - look at the fixing scandals of the past and try to tell me its still not happening today - please - Just because you as an individual wouldnt fix a game or take a dive doesnt mean there arent hundred of others that would for the right amount of $$$$$ - Jordan's dad dying and him retiring - all a coincidence - I think not -

Comment

Working...
                                X