1st/2nd Year coaches VS McDaniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st/2nd Year coaches VS McDaniels

While I'm not sure how much longer the fans and Bowlen will tolerate McD's failure, it's interesting to compare him to all the new coaches. As of 11/5

Rex Ryan - Jets - 6-2
    E. Mangini - Browns - 3-5
    J. Caldwell - Colts - 5-3
    Todd Haley - Chiefs - 5-3
    M. Shanahan - Skins - 4-4
    J. Schwartz - Lions - 2-6
    Raheem Morris - Bucs - 5-3
    Pete Carroll - Seahawks - 4-4
    S. Spagnuolo - Rams - 4-4
    Heck even Tom Cable is 5-4 *Updated 11/8*

Josh McDaniels - Broncos - 2-6

All of these coaches and teams are performing better than us despite the talent they have compared to what we've had and have.

What's this say about our coaching staff? Let's hear it.

Your are what your record says you are
    Last edited by aznightmare; 11-07-2010, 11:52 PM.

it's looking really good for rams, lions, and bucs fans right now

i would NOT have thought that this time last year

Comment

Brace yourself for the injury excuses
      sigpic

Comment

Jim Zorn's first half season = 6-2
        Jim Zorn's second half season = 2-6
        Jim Zorn's third half season = 2-6
        Jim Zorn's fourth half season = 2-6

Result = Fired

Josh McDaniels's first half season = 6-2
        Josh McDaniels's second half season = 2-6
        Josh McDaniels's third half season = 2-6
        Josh McDaniels's fourth half season = ??-??

Result = ???

Comment

And McDaniels had the privilege of inheriting an 8-8 team. Some of those other head coaches took over really bad teams way below 8-8.
          Last edited by -Rod-; 11-05-2010, 10:00 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
            it's looking really good for rams, lions, and bucs fans right now

i would NOT have thought that this time last year
            It's pretty friggin sad to know that we could've been so much better.

But to see those new coaches taking their teams to a whole new level and we're just sitting around at 2-6 and hoping it'll be better next season blows

Comment

Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
              Jim Zorn's first half season = 6-2
              Jim Zorn's second half season = 2-6
              Jim Zorn's third half season = 2-6
              Jim Zorn's fourth half season = 2-6

Result = Fired

Josh McDaniels's first half season = 6-2
              Josh McDaniels's second half season = 2-6
              Josh McDaniels's third half season = 2-6
              Josh McDaniels's fourth half season = ??-??

Result = ???
              Question is how much more damage and pain must we suffer during and after McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                And McDaniels had the privilege of inheriting an 8-8 team. Some of those other head coaches took over really bad teams way below 8-8.
                __________________________________________________ ______________
                And I thought we were a pass rush away with the team he inherited. But we all know which way he went instead.
                SmilingJack

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                  Brace yourself for the injury excuses
                  Brace yourself for facts.

We ARE an injury plagued team, and not just minor injuries, as some of our most vital players are either out or playing through injury.

You cannot lose 2 of your best 4 players on defense and expect their back ups to pick up where they left off. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

You can't expect your two best Olinemen to go down with injuries and make themselves play earlier than they should, and still perform at their highest level.

You cant expect to lose half your starting secondary and expect their rookie/2nd year replacements to mimic their performance and leadership.

Sorry, just facts

Comment

Jim Zorn comparison

I'm taking credit for that because I posted it first..

"He's looking more and more like Jim Zorn every day."

Here's why I'm pleased with this comparison ... The Redskins fired Jim Zorn and hired Mike Shanahan. Maybe Snyder will decide he can't handle not being in charge and fire Mike Shanahan and we can re-hire him and make everything right again.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Tony Sparano took the Dolphins which were 1-15 to 11-5 and a Division Champs with 75% of the same roster... it's all about the front office. He had Bill Parcells tweaking the roster and making the picks. We need a front office maven. Our last few years our first 2 rounds have yielded just average help for our team at this time at best (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by aznightmare View Post
                        While I'm not sure how much longer the fans and Bowlen will tolerate McD's failure, it's interesting to compare him to all the new coaches. As of 11/5

Rex Ryan - Jets - 5-2
                        E. Mangini - Browns - 2-5
                        J. Caldwell - Colts - 5-2
                        Todd Haley - Chiefs - 5-2
                        M. Shanahan - Skins - 4-4
                        J. Schwartz - Lions - 2-5
                        Raheem Morris - Bucs - 5-2
                        Pete Carroll - Seahawks - 4-3
                        S. Spagnuolo - Rams - 4-4
                        Heck even Tom Cable is 4-4

Josh McDaniels - Broncos - 2-6

All of these coaches and teams are performing better than us despite the talent they have compared to what we've had and have.

What's this say about our coaching staff? Let's hear it.

Your are what your record says you are
                        The only thing I can say to shed some light on this for Josh....

None of them came in and got rid of their main offensive personel, when Josh said he was starting over, he meant starting all the way over

I love the fact that the Rams are winning with the same team they lost with last year other then their Rookie QB...

This proves that with a horrible QB issue, you will lose and if you have a Good QB then you can Win at least a few game and stay competitive week in and week out
                        We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Victory View Post
                          Brace yourself for facts.

We ARE an injury plagued team, and not just minor injuries, as some of our most vital players are either out or playing through injury.

You cannot lose 2 of your best 4 players on defense and expect their back ups to pick up where they left off. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

You can't expect your two best Olinemen to go down with injuries and make themselves play earlier than they should, and still perform at their highest level.

You cant expect to lose half your starting secondary and expect their rookie/2nd year replacements to mimic their performance and leadership.

Sorry, just facts
                          You can't expect to lose to the woeful raiders in our house by 45 points in a 59-14 defeat

AND

Lose to the 1-6 49ers

Sorry, just facts

Comment

Originally posted by aznightmare View Post
                            You can't expect to lose to the woeful raiders in our house by 45 points in a 59-14 defeat

AND

Lose to the 1-6 49ers

Sorry, just facts
                            Ask any player, coach, or NFL executive, and they'll tell you that injuries are an excuse losers make. Mark Schlereth, Shannon Sharpe, and Alfred Williams make that point all the time.

Furthermore, the Broncos were DECIMATED by injury in 2008, but that didn't save Shanahan's job.

Injuries most certainly hurt your season. But it's absolutely absurd to say that we're the most injured team in the NFL or that this is something exclusive to the Broncos. No matter what injuries we have, there's no excuse for our 2-6 record and our embarassment at the hands of the Raiders 2 weeks ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's bad any way you slice it, and I think McD's days are numbered unless he shows something that looks DIFFERENT, and does it soon.

Following up the Raiders epic debacle with an egg against SF was the work of coach who is in jeopardy.

Not to turn this into another Tebow thread, but one of the reasons I'm becoming more urgent about getting Tebow in is that I believe it's time for McD to throw a hail mary.

There are those who say "But then if it doesn't look good with Tebow, he has sealed his fate." But I think it's sealed if he keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Comment

Working...
                              X