when will Moreno rush for 100 yards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when will Moreno rush for 100 yards ?

Do you think Moreno have a 100 rushing game this season? when?

and Ryan Harris is suiting up on sunday I think he has a chance then.

I doubt it. I wonder if he'll even reach 80 yards.

Crappy line or not, it still is kind of sad that our first round pick, the 12th overall last season, hasn't had a single 100 game in a season and a half.

Comment

Once our line has been together for a little while and is gelling.

He is a good back, even though he hasn't rushed for 100 yet. He has great hands, and this year you can see he has improved. His injury is hurting him for sure, hopefully he doesn't have another.

I hope it is this year so the people that only rip on him back off, but it depends on when our O-line improves.

I like the energy he plays with, he doesn't shy from contact and he can be pretty elusive (nice hurdles too). His speed isn't the greatest, especially since his injury.
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
        I doubt it. I wonder if he'll even reach 80 yards.

Crappy line or not, it still is kind of sad that our first round pick, the 12th overall last season, hasn't had a single 100 game in a season and a half.
        wow over 22000 posts!

I'm more upset about passing up on orakpo. Moreno is decent but he is no barry sanders and def over rated. I think he will have a 100 yard game but the oline needs to start making the lanes.

last season the holes were there but moreno didn't hit them right. He consistently was tripping all over the place or was impatient and didn't let the play happen.

this season he seems more comfortable but the lanes just aren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
          last season the holes were there but moreno didn't hit them right. He consistently was tripping all over the place or was impatient and didn't let the play happen.

this season he seems more comfortable but the lanes just aren't there.
          Can't argue there. He definitely had the rookie jitters last year and wasn't very effective, but still almost got 1K.

This year you can tell his is much more comfortable, but there are no lanes and unfortunately he hurt his hammy, which will linger for a while.

sigpic

Comment

I honestly do not think he will this season, the kid just is not even close to as good as other backs in the league...

I tried being positive about him he just does not have the talent or the vision to ever be great.

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
              I honestly do not think he will this season, the kid just is not even close to as good as other backs in the league...

I tried being positive about him he just does not have the talent or the vision to ever be great.
              Come on man....really?

His vision has definitely improved this year, but, there is no where to run. No holes at all.

Last year his vision sucked, not going to argue that, there were more holes last year, he just didn't read them well and that hurt us.

This year you can see he has improved, but he got injured and there are no holes. He definitely is talented also....

sigpic

Comment

when pigs fly around singing bohemian rhapsody into kazoo's.

Comment

I don't wanna turn this into a Tebow vs Orton argument like the other 1,000 threads, but I really think that could help Moreno more than anyone. If Tebow becomes our full time QB, it put's a lot more pressure on the defense. Every time he hands the ball off to Moreno, they have to hesitate for a second, to make sure Tebow doesn't still have the ball, whether it's a QB read from shotgun, or a bootleg off of a regular handoff. Just look at Chris Johnson's numbers when Young is at QB compared to Collins. Yes, the offensive line needs to play better also, but if Tebow gets to play, I got a feeling Moreno will reap the benefits, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post

Sadly I have to agree.

I just haven't seen the explosion he was supposed to have coming out of Georgia. The big plays just aren't there. He'll have one good run that he puts effort into but then he needs the next two plays off. I almost think its a conditioning problem.

I hate to say it this early, but he's been a bust so far based on where he was selected.
                    A book I wrote

Comment

Against the Cardinals, week 14? I believe they are bad against the run. His career so far shows that McDaniels should have built his OL to suit the PBS before looking for a 1st round RB. We would have had similar results with the RBs we already had on the roster before the draft. Hamilton and Wiegmann were not the kind of linemen McDaniels wants.

We talk about hindsight, Orakpo, Matthews, but what about OL? Michael Oher at 12 and Alex Mack at 18. We would have a beastly OL today. Oher is a better and bigger OT than Harris and has the size to play OG if necessary. Mack is an excellent center, might already be one of the best in the business.

Obviously, now I'm talking about hindsight because when Shanahan was fired we thought the OL would be a nice gift to the next head coach.

When you see that your OL is opening holes with consistency, then it's time to invest in a 1st round RB and see if the offense goes to the next level.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                        Come on man....really?

His vision has definitely improved this year, but, there is no where to run. No holes at all.

Last year his vision sucked, not going to argue that, there were more holes last year, he just didn't read them well and that hurt us.

This year you can see he has improved, but he got injured and there are no holes. He definitely is talented also....
                        He has in no way proved in my opinion that he is a better back than last year. His vision I believe is not better, it just every once in a while we spread the defenses with to our WR sets and a fluke mistake in their defense allows for a gain.

As they say, even a blind squirrel can find a walnut once in a while and also the phrase a broken clock will be right two times a day

Comment

I appreciate the Videos...But some RBs you can put up those same 5 videos in one Half of football! Does not impress me one bit

Comment

Truth be told,none of our RBs all season has been healthy and they never will,so its unfair to keep putting the blame on the OL being that bad,when all are backs been hurt since preseason.Even Maroney was hurt when we picked him up.I dont see him getting a 100 yards in any game this season,im just glad he is able to compete while hes hurt.

Comment

Working...
                            X