Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Williams: 1 Quarter Suspension?

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
    The team is leaning to suspending Williams for the first quarter vs.Chiefs. Would follow trend set by Jets (w/Edwards) and Titans (w/Britt)

http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos

This just in as well:

thegarymiller gary miller
    Breaking Bronco News D.J. stripped of captaincy. Will not start vs. Chiefs. Fined by team maximum amount for negative impact on team.

http://twitter.com/#!/thegarymiller

Now it is official:

Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
    Broncos fined DJ Williams for his DUI, took away his captaincy and will not start him Sunday vs. KC.

http://twitter.com/#!/Adam_Schefter
    Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 11-13-2010, 10:50 AM.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Denver Broncos statement: DJ Williams

"The Denver Broncos are extremely disappointed in D.J. Williams' careless and irresponsible actions on Friday morning. This type of behavior is taken very seriously by the organization.

"The Broncos have levied the heaviest fines possible to him for conduct detrimental to the club under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement due to the disruption and resulting impact on the team. He will not start in Sunday’s game against the Chiefs and has been stripped of his captaincy for the season.

"Any further possible discipline stemming from this incident will be determined by the league's policies and the legal system."
    Link

/10chars

Comment

damn

hope he comes in later in the game.

they sure so need him to help stop the *****s run game.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
        damn

hope he comes in later in the game.

they sure so need him to help stop the *****s run game.
        Down 3 out of 4 starting linebackers against the NFL's top ranked rushing attack.

God help us...

Comment

My thoughts:

Deservedly so. It sounds like the fine will be pretty hefty (could've just called a cab). Plus being stripped of his captaincy and having to sit at least the first quarter.

Plus, he should and will be suspended by the league next year. Probably 4 games to start and with an appeal 1-2 games.

Stupid mistake on his part are going to cost him a ton, lose him some respect and make him sit when we really need him.

sigpic

Comment

He will still play, but I think he will play with a monkey on his back.
            His head will not be in the game for the start, he might start to feel better later into it, but I know it hurts, to lose captain, when you have been one for the longest, and a very big fine, he is gonna get a large one, one big enough to piss him off, but small enough to match CBA.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              He will still play, but I think he will play with a monkey on his back.
              His head will not be in the game for the start, he might start to feel better later into it, but I know it hurts, to lose captain, when you have been one for the longest, and a very big fine, he is gonna get a large one, one big enough to piss him off, but small enough to match CBA.
              think thats a big assumption. i'm sure britt had a bit on his mind and he came in and tore it up..granted its easier to put up tangible stats as a WR than a LB. I think hell still be ready to play football on sunday and be itching to play for the period of time he's on the bench

but england4broncos is right. hunter-haggan-moss...jesus...hopefully mays plays a lot and plays well. i guess its good his strength is stopping the run

Comment

Looks like another defensive meltdown in the making...

(although, even with DJ, I wouldn't bank on the Broncos stopping KC's rushing attack).

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  Looks like another defensive meltdown in the making...

(although, even with DJ, I wouldn't bank on the Broncos stopping KC's rushing attack).
                  Sure would help though.

Sounds like if Woodyard is healthy he might get the nod at ILB for the start.

sigpic

Comment

Yay! Exactly what this team needs right now. Sunday could get ugly.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

lol knowing McDaniels he's probably looking for an offseason trading partner already
                      Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                        lol knowing McDaniels he's probably looking for an offseason trading partner already
                        Doubtful.

He said DJ is his favorite player he has every coached.

I'm sure he is pissed though.

sigpic

Comment

Just glad he will play, stupid mistake by DJ.

Hope he learns from this, and plays well on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                            Doubtful.

He said DJ is his favorite player he has every coached.

I'm sure he is pissed though.
                            Well he also said he was excited to work with Jay Cutler right after Pat Bowlen hired him. Excited to work with him, but decided to trade him behind his back... Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                              Well he also said he was excited to work with Jay Cutler right after Pat Bowlen hired him. Excited to work with him, but decided to trade him behind his back... Doesn't make sense.
                              Cutler acted like a crybaby, sat in Tennesee the whole time.

Never called back to the owner of the Denver Broncos, Bowlen. What more was Pat/McD supposed to do.

Besides, Orton is playing better then Cutler this year. We won that trade easily especially if we trade Orton for more picks which will make it a better trade then it already is.

Comment

Working...
                              X