DJ Williams: 1 Quarter Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    This is DJ's 7th year in the NFL. He has alot of mileage left, and the Broncos could get very good value for DJ if they chose to trade him. Ray Lewis is in his 15th season and still playing at a high level. What am i missing here?
    That DJ Williams isn't in the same league as Ray Lewis? DJ is good, but Ray Lewis is an all time great.
    sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos View Post
      That DJ Williams isn't in the same league as Ray Lewis? DJ is good, but Ray Lewis is an all time great.
      I'm not comparing the talent, i'm comparing the years in the league. DJ is still considered young. Since when has 7 years started being old?
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not comparing the talent, i'm comparing the years in the league. DJ is still considered young. Since when has 7 years started being old?
        No it's not old.

But the guy is facing a 2-4 game suspension that lowers his trade value straight away.

You say he's a great leader. Did you not see the part where he was stripped of his captaincy?

And I don't think he is the great linebacker you make him out to be. He's very inconsistent and has nothing compared to the likes of Ray Lewis.

I agree that we wouldn't get a huge amount of compensation for him. I reckon you'd be looked at a 3rd round if not 4th round pick at the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by england4broncos View Post
          No it's not old.

But the guy is facing a 2-4 game suspension that lowers his trade value straight away.

You say he's a great leader. Did you not see the part where he was stripped of his captaincy?

And I don't think he is the great linebacker you make him out to be. He's very inconsistent and has nothing compared to the likes of Ray Lewis.

I agree that we wouldn't get a huge amount of compensation for him. I reckon you'd be looked at a 3rd round if not 4th round pick at the very best.
          The suspension will definately have a impact on what his trade value would be.

I made this comment before i knew he was stripped of his captaincy.

I'm not saying he's great, but he's very good, and he could've been better by now if Shanny didn't keep moving him every year. If DJ had played his whole NFL Career so far at one position, then there is no doubt in my mind he would be great.

I would say a 3rd and 5th for D.J. His DUI would hurt him a little bit, but his ability to play all 3 LB spots will help his stocks also. And he's still a young player.
          sigpic

Comment

My bad. To your point, it's not old but it's not a spring chicken either.

If I were trading for him, I wouldn't go higher than a 4th rounder. Just my opinion.
            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
              It's always funny to see "fans" opinions of how a team is run on the inside, players actual opinions etc.

Do you know a Bronco player personally? Do you work for the team? Do you see what goes on in the locker room everyday? No, no one does. All you know is the perception of the team through the media. Yes, a lot of people can assume this kind of stuff based on how our players play, but no one knows quite for sure.

Zero loyalty? How? Damn man look at Braylon Edwards. Everyone in the league says Rex Ryan is a players coach, everyone loves him etc. Yet, Edwards was benched for the 1st quarter after he got his DUI a couple months ago. How is this any different? Yes, he got stripped of his captaincy but he was being a piss poor captain by going out drinking until 2 am and getting a DUI before a game. I don't understand hows McDaniels messed this up. DJ messed it up, time to be responsible for his actions.
              I don't need to work for the organization to know there are more than two dozen players in that locker room that believe we could find ourselves a better coach.

I say to everybody, DJ williams doesn't get a DUI if we are in playoff contention. Morale is low and DJ made his decision subconciously that he doesn't give a rats about things here this season.

Given our contract situation with Champ, we may loose him after this year. DJ Williams DUI and captaincy strip may have just bought him a ticket out of Denver. Don't believe Josh McDaniels won't screw the situation up with these two.

Among many things our Coach is too young an inexperienced. He's too stuborn and you know with his flashy preppy punk sort of attitude that it has worn thin on so many players when their careers, their lives are being undermined by this organizations inept ability to put a good product on the field. COBronc, I don't need to know anybody in the organization to know there is a measure of truth to these topics. These players live football, we watch.

This game affects them on a whole different level and DJ made his choice, this locker room is trembling. I am sorry it hurts me to say because I am a very loyal fan and I just love the freakin Broncos. That's why it hurts me so bad to see what's going on in Denver. NFL.coms "Unclear direction in Denver"? Along with Williams DUI makes us the joke team of the NFL this year for SURE! All the usual suspects have stepped up, Chokeland, Detroit, St. Louis.
              Last edited by Zealander; 11-14-2010, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Williams was pretty angry I guess leaving the locker room today:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301114007
                Williams, who made a tackle on his first play but finished with just two stops, turned to a cadre of reporters who had waited for him to get dressed and scowled, "I'm not talking!"

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  Williams was pretty angry I guess leaving the locker room today:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301114007
                  I'm not sure if he was angry, or he just didn't want to answer a bunch of questions about the DUI. If the media would've asked him 10 questions, only 2 of them would've been about the game.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                    I don't need to work for the organization to know there are more than two dozen players in that locker room that believe we could find ourselves a better coach.

I say to everybody, DJ williams doesn't get a DUI if we are in playoff contention. Morale is low and DJ made his decision subconciously that he doesn't give a rats about things here this season.

Given our contract situation with Champ, we may loose him after this year. DJ Williams DUI and captaincy strip may have just bought him a ticket out of Denver. Don't believe Josh McDaniels won't screw the situation up with these two.

Among many things our Coach is too young an inexperienced. He's too stuborn and you know with his flashy preppy punk sort of attitude that it has worn thin on so many players when their careers, their lives are being undermined by this organizations inept ability to put a good product on the field. COBronc, I don't need to know anybody in the organization to know there is a measure of truth to these topics. These players live football, we watch.

This game affects them on a whole different level and DJ made his choice, this locker room is trembling. I am sorry it hurts me to say because I am a very loyal fan and I just love the freakin Broncos. That's why it hurts me so bad to see what's going on in Denver. NFL.coms "Unclear direction in Denver"? Along with Williams DUI makes us the joke team of the NFL this year for SURE! All the usual suspects have stepped up, Chokeland, Detroit, St. Louis.
                    Kinda hard to believe the locker room react like that in a game if they were trembling.

Your post if full of so much speculation that I bet even most of the anti Mcd fans would say so.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X