Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoffs still in reach with a powderpuff schedule

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Playoffs still in reach with a powderpuff schedule

    Complete article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ffs_still.html

    The division or even placing for the wild card seem easily in reach despite the Denver Broncos being in 4th place in the AFC West.

    The rest of the schedule is a seemingly easy schedule. I say seemingly because the Broncos have shown they can beat any team on this schedule (49-28 on the Kansas City Chiefs) and shown they can be inexplicably blown out by any team on the remaining schedule (59-14 against the Oakland Raiders).

    [Excerpt]
    Seems perfectly possible in my eyes.

    Given it is a reach, but this squad has shown they can do it. They are capable.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

  • #2
    If we beat San Diego, that would put us right back in the thick of things. If not, season over.
    sigpic
    D.J. Williams - My 2011 adopted Bronco

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by igoe4broncos View Post
      If we beat San Diego, that would put us right back in the thick of things. If not, season over.
      Wild card hopes would surely be down the train but not division hopes. The division is just a mess.
      MMA News
      MMA News 247

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by igoe4broncos View Post
        If we beat San Diego, that would put us right back in the thick of things. If not, season over.
        If we beat San Diego, despite what the records may be, I believe we'd be the favorites to win the division.

        KC is a paper tiger. The Raiders are the Raiders. They got us good - or should I say we got ourselves pretty good - earlier this year, but no one's worried about the Raiders.

        San Diego is better than KC. If we beat San Diego in San Diego, even if the stat sheet indicates otherwise, we'd have to be the logical favorites to win the division at that stage.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by champbronc2 View Post
          Wild card hopes would surely be down the train but not division hopes. The division is just a mess.
          Still, that would put us at 3-7 and force us to basically win out to have a chance. We don't have the hardest schedule, but winning out is extremely tough for any NFL team, let alone our Denver Broncos.
          sigpic
          D.J. Williams - My 2011 adopted Bronco

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            If we beat San Diego, despite what the records may be, I believe we'd be the favorites to win the division.

            KC is a paper tiger. The Raiders are the Raiders. They got us good - or should I say we got ourselves pretty good - earlier this year, but no one's worried about the Raiders.

            San Diego is better than KC. If we beat San Diego in San Diego, even if the stat sheet indicates otherwise, we'd have to be the logical favorites to win the division at that stage.
            Agree with this. Plus have you seen the Raiders remaining schedule? Yikes!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Alastor View Post
              If we beat San Diego, despite what the records may be, I believe we'd be the favorites to win the division.

              KC is a paper tiger. The Raiders are the Raiders. They got us good - or should I say we got ourselves pretty good - earlier this year, but no one's worried about the Raiders.

              San Diego is better than KC. If we beat San Diego in San Diego, even if the stat sheet indicates otherwise, we'd have to be the logical favorites to win the division at that stage.
              Agreed.

              What makes it so frustrating is we could easily be 5-4 right now and right in the thick of this race.

              Should of won the Jets game. And the SF game is 14-3 had that not been a penalty.

              Win in SD, and it gets interesting, big if though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Agreed.

                What makes it so frustrating is we could easily be 5-4 right now and right in the thick of this race.

                Should of won the Jets game. And the SF game is 14-3 had that not been a penalty.

                Win in SD, and it gets interesting, big if though.
                That's how the Broncos have been the past few seasons. Could've, should've, would've mixed in with inconsistency.

                Haven't seen a consistent team out there since we went 13-3 in 2005.
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

                Comment


                • #9
                  We just beat one of the few "good" teams remaining on our schedule in dominating fashion. The only problem with seeing a ease in the schedule is not noticing how most of the entire NFL has multiple losses.

                  Good teams aren't winning all their games and bad teams aren't losing all theirs.

                  Could Denver be one of the good teams? I think they are but too young to go really far into the post-season. They might have dug a bigger hole than they can climb out of but I do think this team can dominate against any team, on a good day.

                  Injuries healed, confidence gained, an "easing" of the schedule that started with win against the leading division rival. Moving in the right direction for sure.
                  Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nothing is a given in the NFL ... I would like to see the team string together some consecutive wins before talking anything remotely about the playoffs despite how the schedule looks like on paper ....
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We could have beat Jacksonville. We could have beat the Raiders. We could have beat the Niners, and we should have beat the Jets.

                      We left a lot of stuff on the table this season. Fortunately, the rest of the AFC West is either imploding or still sucks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        We could have beat Jacksonville. We could have beat the Raiders. We could have beat the Niners, and we should have beat the Jets.

                        We left a lot of stuff on the table this season. Fortunately, the rest of the AFC West is either imploding or still sucks.
                        I was thinking along those lines today...How the season could be much different if not for a few plays etc ... I would say a lot of fans feel the same way about their respective teams as well

                        Though in the same token I thought of last years 6 and 0 start and even if the record indicated contention like the Chiefs would the Broncos really be ... What I'm trying to say is even though while winning some teams are just not as good as there record would indicate and some teams are better as well ...

                        I'm thinking this team is better then what their record indicates where and how that will play out during the coarse of the season remains to be seen ..
                        Last edited by LarryDean; 11-15-2010, 01:55 PM.
                        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think our schedule is easy by any means.

                          We still have San Diego twice, and make no mistake they are a VERY good football team. They have the best offense in the NFL and also the second best defense...and now they are gelling and hitting on all cylinders.

                          Oh, they are coming off a bye week as well. And St. Lous is no pushover this year. That will be a very tough game as well.

                          Granted, we hold our own destiny and that's nice. With four division games left, we can take control of this division...but we need to win those games. Wildcard is probably out of the pictures (we aren't going to win out, I just can't see it), but we CAN win this division. But there's no more room for error...because we have already left so much on the table. It's so frustrating in that regard.

                          But it is what it is. Let's focus on one game at a time, and see if we can string together a couple of wins.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            WHOA THERE!! Lets not jump the gun here boys! It was one win, a big win yes, but the horrible faiders beat down is still there and very raw.... I would be one just as happy as another if the wins did start coming... but lets just take it one game at a time here, the defense still has issues. These issues will be in full effect next week against phyliss and friends, I hope they are in check and the offense can keep playing well, but there is just WAY too much doubt for now...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We're going to have to win division to make the playoffs. It's certainly possible.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X